corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » LG New TV's - 55LM670T

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LG New TV's - 55LM670T
Nismo

User status: Offline
18th Jun 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone seen these in the shops yet, how freaking sexy are they

Was in Richer Sounds last week in there demo room and was watching this against a smilier priced / style Samsung but the picture and style blew the Samsung out the water!! (IMO I'm sure someone will quote me as wrong) I like my Samsung screens but this was something else!

Huge amount of features on it too!

Now trying to justify the 55" version for the lounge

[Edited on 18-06-2012 by Nismo]
John

18th Jun 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What source were you using to compare them? Settings? It may very well be better but a demo room in richer sounds doesn't ive me much confidence.

Looks almost the same as the samsung apart from big bezel at the bottom.

I was looking at the ES8000 in coscto, looks nice, not sure how useful gesture control is but would be good to have.
Rob_Quads

18th Jun 12 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
What source were you using to compare them? Settings? It may very well be better but a demo room in richer sounds doesn't ive me much confidence..

+1 - its very easy to setup two screens so that one looks better than the other i.e the one with the biggest profit margin
Nismo

18th Jun 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go

Yes i know you could set one up better than the other, I'm not even going to go into it, I'm just going to say i preferred everything about the LG, menus, design , style, look feel and lastly picture quality.

This thread is more about the style of the TV not the picture.

John

18th Jun 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you seen a new samsung, looks exactly like that without the thick bezel at the bottom, even the stand is the same.
Nismo

18th Jun 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The samsung was similar and i did like it but it wasn't the same.

Theres no point in going into it with you, you have to be right about everything.

imo i prefer the LG out of the 2, deal with it
John

18th Jun 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have to be right, LG's are good TV's and if you like that better then you like that better, doesn't matter what I think.

I'd rather some discussion on it than me just coming in and taking your word as gospel when you've looked at them in richer sounds.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regarding the styling, I much prefer the LG.

The Samsung has a bigger bezel all way around, except at the bottom. At the bottom however it has a bulge to house the Samsung logo. Very unfortunate and breaks everything about the design, as soon as it's wall mounted.

I'm yet to see anything however that leads me to believe that LG are better or even on par with Samsungs 2012 models when it comes to image quality.

Read a review of the LM960V and it performed very poorly in certain areas.
That said, I haven't seen it for my self.

The passive 3D is very cool, but I'd never settle for watching 540P blu-rays. Looks like shit.
Passive 3D makes no sense until we see it in 4K TV's.

Balling
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually, reading up on it the 760 (model above the shown) seems to be handling it self very well for it's class.
Haven't seen how much cheaper it is than the Samsung 8-series though.

John

18th Jun 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my 7000 instead of the 8000 because I liked the bezel better without the sticky out samsung bit, exact same tv apart from the bezel.

ES8000 also has a bulge at the top for the camera.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JohnES8000 also has a bulge at the top for the camera.

I actually thought that was removable. If it's not, then that's a piss poor piece of design IMO. No one is going to use the gestures feature past the first week of ownership.

Nismo

18th Jun 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i didn't like the camera at the top.

It was the actual side profile that i really liked:

Balling
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does look fantastic!

If I'm not mistaken both Samsung and LG are using plastic for the stands which is a bit of a let down.
Then, any TV should be wall mounted really.
On a wall, the camera and logo bulging out of the Samsung really are going to look idiotic.

If the 7-series Samsung shares the 8-series panel, like last year, I think that's a pretty obvious choice for a high end LED.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » LG New TV's - 55LM670T 25 database queries in 0.0107939 seconds