corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » rangers

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rangers
mwg

User status: Offline
4th Jul 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Planning any trips to the Glasgow area any time soon mate?
JonnyJ

4th Jul 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter where i go im fucked Only have 2 choices of club when you are born in scotland.
mwg

4th Jul 12 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BAIT
Theham85

5th Jul 12 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope something is resolved. Would be a disaster to fans if company was dissolved and a disaster to Scottish Football! Hope it doesn't turn to violence
Hammer

5th Jul 12 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck. He's found his way into Match Day.
Theham85

5th Jul 12 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just came to say hi Hammer! See what was going on in the world of 'Rangers'.
Hammer

5th Jul 12 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're in the process of being liquidated mate. The end.
Theham85

5th Jul 12 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody terrible whats happened! But too big to disappear, too many fans.
Hammer

5th Jul 12 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fans will go and support a new club. They may play at Ibrox and train at Murray Park but they won't be fans of Rangers. They no longer exist.

The only terrible thing that happened was every other club in Scotland has been playing at a disadvantage for years because 1 team in the league setup has been buying players and paying their wages with tax payers money.

Even fans of Rangers have admitted they have cheated and should be punished by starting at the bottom.
Theham85

5th Jul 12 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not condoning what they have done, but I am saying they have let the fans and players down!

I kind of stop following Football about the same time I wore a Rangers top in Coatbridge!
Chrissy
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's going to be an embarassment if Rangers are allowed back into the SPL.. With the team that's left we'll be getting pumped most weekends. Even with the talk of us perhaps being allowed into the 1st. We'll do well to be promoted anytime soon imo..

>>>> Chris <<<<

Hammer

5th Jul 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Theham85
I am not condoning what they have done, but I am saying they have let the fans and players down!

I kind of stop following Football about the same time I wore a Rangers top in Coatbridge!

I always suspected you were retarded but that confirms it.
Cavey

5th Jul 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
It's going to be an embarassment if Rangers are allowed back into the SPL.. With the team that's left we'll be getting pumped most weekends. Even with the talk of us perhaps being allowed into the 1st. We'll do well to be promoted anytime soon imo..

Thats what's been annoying me about all I'm hearing, they haven't got a squad, aren't allowed to buy anyone, so why would they just walk back nto the SPL from division 1?

Also, all the talk about the death of Scottish football, surely this will force teams to make some tough decisions and balance the books a bit better so they become a bit more self sustainable, even if it means a few years of pain. The reason they're all in trouble financially is because they've been chasing a cheating Rangers side. And the better teams that are left will surely be more likely to increase their income from finishing higher in the league, champions league and Europa league qualification will be easier, as well as the cup competitions.

Thirdly, will sky stop Scottish football completely if there's no rangers for a few years, or just pay a reduced amount?
Theham85

5th Jul 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Theham85

I always suspected you were retarded but that confirms it.

I always knew you were, but didn't want to say
Hammer

5th Jul 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

Thats what's been annoying me about all I'm hearing, they haven't got a squad, aren't allowed to buy anyone, so why would they just walk back nto the SPL from division 1?

Also, all the talk about the death of Scottish football, surely this will force teams to make some tough decisions and balance the books a bit better so they become a bit more self sustainable, even if it means a few years of pain. The reason they're all in trouble financially is because they've been chasing a cheating Rangers side. And the better teams that are left will surely be more likely to increase their income from finishing higher in the league, champions league and Europa league qualification will be easier, as well as the cup competitions.

Thirdly, will sky stop Scottish football completely if there's no rangers for a few years, or just pay a reduced amount?

There will be no 'death', clubs will hopefully now cut their cloth accordingly and not be so stupid as to allow their budgets to be dictated by the survival or otherwise of any other club in the country.

SKY picked up Scottish football for a pittance due to the collapse of Setanta, they would have a brass neck if they were to offer anything significantly less. Creating an SPL PPV channel would be the best option and most financially advantageous for the clubs but there isn't enough time to put that in place for next season.

Basically a few people are in a flap because the establishment club has died. The reality is the new club, which will have imported; fans, stadium and training park will be back in the top division within a few seasons no matter where they are placed.
Chrissy
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The reality is the new club, which will have imported; fans, stadium and training park will be back in the top division within a few seasons no matter where they are placed.

Do you really believe that? Admittedly I've not watched any lower league football recently.. But surely with all the departures we'll struggle at least against first decision sides?

>>>> Chris <<<<

Hammer

5th Jul 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rangers always got the first decision I'm sure Sevco 5088 will be no different
Chrissy
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking autocorrect on the iPad.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Hammer

5th Jul 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all seriousness, yeah, they will walk the lower divisions. Even if the current experienced players are the only ones remaining.

In fact you'll probably find a couple of the younger guys that will now get their chance at a level they have time to develop, they will mature and become worth fortunes.
Chrissy
Premium Member

6th Jul 12 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read on SSN that Ally has 6 folk turn up to pre season training.. Another transfer embargo would be comedy.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Hammer

6th Jul 12 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt there will be sanctions.

It will be division 3 with no sanctions imo. The fans want it, the manager wants it and everyone else seems to want it to.
Chrissy
Premium Member

6th Jul 12 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will there be any televised games do you think? Do division 3 even have the facilities for live broadcast?

>>>> Chris <<<<

Hammer

6th Jul 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem will be timescales but it is possible.

I think the biggest issue will be the fact Green is asking for £400 on average for a season book when the average for the division ranges between 150 and 200 quid.

There's a £15 million shortfall just now if you believe the reports and he is the type of guy that will tell fans to go fuck themselves and sell Ibrox to Wimpey or Milne or some other property developer.

Double-edged sword just now for fans.
Theham85

11th Jul 12 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any idea what the latest is?
Rob_Quads

11th Jul 12 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone clarify the the whole players contract issue. I've read that some are being told they can't leave etc etc.

Surely, if you have a contract to be paid £X and a company fails to meet that contract you can release yourself from that contract?

Just because the company has gone into administration surely that does not meant that you HAVE to stay with the company no matter what they do?

[Edited on 11-07-2012 by Rob_Quads]

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » rangers 24 database queries in 0.1890709 seconds