corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help fitting cruise control to tigra b 1.4 sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help fitting cruise control to tigra b 1.4 sport
S@M

User status: Offline
5th Jun 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to fit cruise control to my partners 2005 vauxhall tigra 1.4 sport

I've read various methods and problem stories but wanted to ask if there's anyone on here that's had first hand experience doing it and can give me tips and point me in the right direction...

I presume it will be the same as fitting to a Corsa c as they are pretty much the same car?

From what I can understand so far, I will obviously need a new stalk with the cruise buttons. This should be a straight fit if my existing stalk has a 4 wire connection? I will then possibly need to fit a clutch switch if one isn't already fitted. Finally, then the car will need to be plugged in to a tech2 or simlar programming device to tell the ecu to allow the cruise command.

Hopefully what I'm saying will make sense. Any info on wire colours or fitting methods will be much appreciated?

Thanks,
Sam

S@M

6th Jun 12 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guys I've had a little look at it today. Had the steering wheel surround off and I have 4 wires terminated in a plug that feeds the lhs indicator stalk. These are brown/green, brown/yellow, black/White, and cream (off White)!

I also had the panel off above the clutch pedal and I don't have a clutch switch installed. However there's a small 4 pin brown plug connector that's there with a two cable feed (black and blue wires) that looks like it would be a supply for the clutch switch.

Hopefully all i will need to do is fit a cluth switch and new cruise stalk. Then get it hooked up to tech 2 software to turn the cruise settings on. Can anybody confirm this or if I've missed anything?

Any help much appreciated!

S@M

7th Jun 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stalk part no. 9185414 £55.08p Inc vat

Clutch pressure switch pat no. 09185907 £8.94

Tech 2 programming at vauxhall to switch on ecu and bcm cruise settings £50.40p Inc vat

Been on the phone to them this morning so going to see the tech 2 guys this aft to discuss if it can be all fitted
Corsa_Sport21

7th Jun 12 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need a brake switch also.
S@M

7th Jun 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think brake switch will be fitted anyway won't it? Correct me if I'm wrong?
S@M

7th Jun 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've got a 4 pin brake light switch anyway which is standard fit on all models
Corsa_Sport21

7th Jun 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not 100% sure on that. It will have a switch fitted, but it may not be compatable with the CC.

I would look into though just incase. Ive read on a few forums that it needs the brake switch for CC so it might be different.

Are you paying dealer prices for the parts?? You not get a 2nd hand stalk cheaper on ebay etc??
S@M

7th Jun 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah switches are same price on eBay, and theres only one stalk on eBay that will fit for 50 quid. It's only a fiver more for a brand new one so might as well get new bits. Going into vauxhall this aft there tech2 guy has agreed to have a quick chat with me about it
S@M

7th Jun 12 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's only one brake switch listed to fit Corsa and tigra of this age on the parts list so hopefully will be ok!
S@M

7th Jun 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall agree it should work... Ordered stalk and clutch switch and booked in on Monday for tech 2'ing
S@M

14th Jun 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to put an end to this for any future reading.

All fitted and fully working. New clutch switch fitted and it plugged straight in to the plug I suspected. New cruise stalk also was plug and play. Vauxhall charged 42 pounds to switch on cruise settings on the ecu and body control module.
spencer69

19th Aug 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi S@M, In your above post you mention it has been done to corsa C-Do yo know if this was a corsa C prefacelift or facelift?
I and others on corsa CUK trying to confirm if this can be done to corsa C prefacelift, 1.2 SXi with Z12XE engine.
Any help greatly appreciated.
spencer69

New Poll