corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Diablo III

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diablo III
R Lee

User status: Offline
13th May 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No threads about this?

I personally cannot wait. Was a huge fan back in the days with Diablo II.

Geeeeeeek
dannymccann

13th May 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My PC wont run it, I still get hooked on d2 mods, hoping they announce a console version otherwise I may have to upgrade
Sunz

14th May 12 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think will be a let down thanks to the huge amount of hype, from the gameplay I've seen it looks quite dull but it might just look boring but play great.

I could understand the awkward camera angle and button bashing game play when the originals were out but 12 years later and it looks the same old thing.

The minimum requirements aren't that much to be honest, if your pc can't run this on low then it sounds like it's about 5/6 years old so sounds like a little upgrade might be a good idea.
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th May 12 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I played the beta and it was much better than diablo II. (im currently going through DII for a refresher)

Its so much more fluid but i do kind of miss the inventory items being different sizes now you dont need to manage your inventory quite the same.

Im not 100% keen on the pastel colour scheme they have gone for but its ok.

There wil be no console version in the foreseable future, mr wilson himself said so.

[Edited on 14-05-2012 by chris_uk]
Sunz

16th May 12 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blizzard seem to have annoyed people quite a lot with Digital Rights Management and Real Money Auction House, you have to be logged in to battle.net to play single player and on line.

You can buy items from the auction house for real money, so you can buy your way to the top which means when Player vs Player comes out, people will just buy better items to have a better chance rather then earning it.

Buy your way to the top!
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 06:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know enough about the online money auction house to comment, im sure blizzard though of that, id be dissapointed if not. I know you cant sell items from hardcore tho.

Re: having to be online i think its a good idea, how many people dont have a form of internet connection?? Not many so if having to play online makes it a harder game to break into then so be it. I bet you that all these complaining would only be complaining about cheaters and the fact the game isnt secure enough. So either way blizzard cant win.

I for one prefer it this was, that said logging on last night took 2 hours be ause the servers were so busy but oce i was on i had no problems.

[Edited on 16-05-2012 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add..

I played for a couple hours last night and im liking it.

I only played barb up to lev 13 but so far its good, i just completed diablo 2 the day before so i could see them back to back.

You no longer have to have town portal scrolls, you no longer have identify scrolls you can just do them all the time if you wish.

You pickup health orbs and you have a cooldown of 30 seconds when you use a potion which makes for interesting battle situations lol.

In d2 i completed the game with the 2nd weapon i used from act 1 now i must of gone through about 20 weapons already and ive not finished act 1. The problem was no weapon i found did a greater DPS rating in d2 than the weapon id got in d3 they are all very similar and some better than others just by a margin so you change as soon as you get a weapon in which its DPS rating is better. (for brute damage of cause, there are ofther atributes where you might want to keep a lower DPS weapon)

So far the game is just a lot more fluid, im liking it
Sam
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went out on site yesterday to a home user who just bought this game (had to sort their case fans out for them as their graphics card was cooking without them on!).

I tried to get him to run Diablo III but it kept saying the servers were busy!
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea they were packed! lol

tbh tho, he must of had a shit pc is Diablo is cooking it.. its not exactly resource hungry.

dan_m1les

16th May 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's everyone's usernames? I've been playing for an hour or two and just killed the Skelton king.

Quite impressed so far, will never match d2, I must have lost 100's of hours in that game!
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My battletag is chrisr#1543 i think
Jamescorsa97

16th May 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the free annual pass et al until i realised there was a real money auction house. Subscription cancelled!
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a bit of a shit reason to cancel it mate.
Jamescorsa97

16th May 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i was a massive pvp player. Played wow at pretty high ratings and earned gear etc. if people can actually "buy" better gear and things than you can earn, defeated the object of the game for me!
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what you mean but you dont really know how it works.

all the items in the auction house are player found items which means that someone has already got it, its not like blizzard are putting in good weapons for you to buy.

Also there are level requirements that you need to use the weapons so chances are by the time you get to the level you need to use this amazing item you bought you will of found an item like it.

You have to remember that Diablo is not a PVP game its a PVE game with (when it comes) a PVP element in it.

Sunz

16th May 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's to stop Blizzard generating items to then sell for the real money ?

Anyone who sells items for real money in the auction house has to give Blizzard a 15% cut.

All blizzard have done is see how much money Chinese gold sellers and people farming with bots made in wow and cashed in, they don't care about the players, just how much money they can make.
Jamescorsa97

16th May 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
What's to stop Blizzard generating items to then sell for the real money ?

Anyone who sells items for real money in the auction house has to give Blizzard a 15% cut.

All blizzard have done is see how much money Chinese gold sellers and people farming with bots made in wow and cashed in, they don't care about the players, just how much money they can make.

Pretty much this. Cataclysm killed the game for me and alot of that i think will be drafted into Diablo.

I played the game for 6 years and it's gameplay gradually degraded and now down to the point where I probably won't play another Blizzard mmorpg.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In many interviews J.Wilson has commented that Blizzard will not put items into the market place full stop.. whether they do or not i dont know.

i think it was $1 goes to blizzard for any item you sell but the 15% comes from the paypal fees if you transfer it from blizzard account to paypal.

Diablo isnt an MMORPG anyway.
Sunz

16th May 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if you sell something for £100, Blizzard takes £1 and paypal £14, but this doesn't make any sense when normal paypal fees are like 4% and yet it's 14% for this game, not suspicious at all.

Based on what I saw, they don't put exchange rates in to the equation either, someone in America would pay $15 which is £9 but someone in the UK would pay £15 which would be $23.
The Wow subscription has exchange rates sorted.

£50 for the game as well, says it all really.
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just dont see why people arnt playing the game because of the real money auction house.. I mean its not an mmorpg its a hack n slash ffs. If someone wants to pay £50 for an item let them.

Just because they have a good item doesnt mean they are guarenteed to win in pvp anyway.
Sunz

16th May 12 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's based on the respect for the gamer from the developers and the publishing team.

Basically them saying you don't own the product, they could shut down the server and you can't play a game you have paid for.

RMAH is fine to me, I wouldn't use it and would avoid the game because of it, what's the point in playing a RPG style game if people are just buy things without getting the experience.

Putting a real money element in to the game is likely to have good and bad effects, will bring interest but will bring bots farming for items, Little places that pay people to pay for 9 hours a day to get item and therefore destroy the economy for the casual gamer who's rare item isn't going to be worth anything as there is 10,000 bots farming for goods.

It obviously doesn't detract from the game and the game play but it's just something that isn't needed, will just push the decent player base away.

[Edited on 16-05-2012 by Sunz]
Sam
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
yea they were packed! lol

tbh tho, he must of had a shit pc is Diablo is cooking it.. its not exactly resource hungry.

Spec isn't too bad TBH, I think it was just because he or someone disconnected the case fans
R Lee

17th May 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's a great game.
So far, the only gripe I have with it is when there are loads of fuckers to kill on the screen. My character stalls (lag?), then I get ass raped. Durability of my inventory goes down 10% when I die.
Sunz

17th May 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are saying that because of DRM, R Lee.

You need to connect to a server which is taking away some of your fps and when it all gets busy on screen your latency suffers and the "ms" goes up which then takes your fps down.

Is a lot of stories about it.

My girlfriend got D3 with the annual wow pass and she had like 10fps and then checked the latency and it was 432ms !
Conway563

17th May 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dealspwn.com/widowed-diablo-iii-dildo-102374#more-102374

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll