corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » lewis' corsa B SXI progress! *lowerd finally

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lewis' corsa B SXI progress! *lowerd finally
silvercorsabee

User status: Offline
14th Feb 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started back in 2011 when i bought my first car for £320!! a silver corsa B 1.2 SXI, first thing i did was get it MOT'd and serviced so after that she was running like a dream! blah blah...time went on and my first mod was a debadged front grill them came a sportex catback exhaust with a 5x3 oval backbox which sounds mint! then i decided to dewiper the rear. i just recently bought a set of corsa C sxi alloys as my alloys were leaking and on there last legs! heres the most recent pic!

the alloys are just temporay tbh i fancy a set of speedlines! i snow foamed, washed and waxed the car today so its looking alot better! ill get some more up to date pics soon
got loaaads of plans for it still some of which are

coilovers
show cage or half roll cage ( with fire extinguishers for the track look )done
new alloys speedlines/softsars (unsure)
stickerbombed centre console and glovebox handle
veccy b interior door handles done
richbrook gearknob and door pins
morette headlights
fresh, shorter numb plates
heko deflectors done
opel rear boot badge done
respray bumper black plastics/door handles/boot handle/ matt black or colour code (unsure)
flat blade front wipers

let me know what you guys think good and bad comments welcome, ive got this goal of being featured in total vauxhall so fingers crossed after some time and effort and £££ ill get there!

[Edited on 14-02-2012 by silvercorsabee]

[Edited on 14-02-2012 by silvercorsabee]

[Edited on 05-05-2012 by silvercorsabee]

[Edited on 05-05-2012 by silvercorsabee]

[Edited on 05-06-2012 by silvercorsabee]

[Edited on 05-06-2012 by silvercorsabee]

[Edited on 12-07-2012 by silvercorsabee]
HarleyMK

14th Feb 12 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good bud, keep us updated on your progress
Jed D

14th Feb 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks smart mate. get it lowered a bit first.
and it doesnt have to be coilovers as sometimes uprated shocks and springs are better than cheap coilovers
silvercorsabee

14th Feb 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
looks smart mate. get it lowered a bit first.
and it doesnt have to be coilovers as sometimes uprated shocks and springs are better than cheap coilovers

cheers for the comments lads, ill defo be keeping you updated!
ive been looking at a set of FK coilovers, reason is im not sure how low i want to go, i was thinking around 50mm but if i have trouble with speedbumps etc ill be able to adjust it if i have coilys

also ive got looooads of plans but i dont want it to be your average c20xe corsa cos its been done a million times before, im wanting to do someting a bit different with it but keeping it subtle and clean and the same time
HarleyMK

14th Feb 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At 50mm you should be okay with speed bumps but would advise spending the extra money on a decent set of coilies, I've got cheap crappy ones and the ride is terrible
silvercorsabee

14th Feb 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by HarleyMK
At 50mm you should be okay with speed bumps but would advise spending the extra money on a decent set of coilies, I've got cheap crappy ones and the ride is terrible

what coilovers would you recommend if any? are FK's any good?
HarleyMK

15th Feb 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fk's are fairly good yeah, just avoid all the cheap ones you get on eBay and you'll be sorted
silvercorsabee

16th Feb 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small update, bought a new set of black tailored mats as my car didnt have any when i bought it, very pleased with them looks alot betetr imo, also bought a pair of heko wind deflectors so ill get more pics soon, its also looking 10x cleaner than the pic above, pics to follow
HarleyMK

17th Feb 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All sounds good bud, get some pics up
silvercorsabee

26th Feb 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update!

snow foamed the car today and hes not looking too bad! ill let the pics do the talking!

heres two of the very first pics i took of it just after buying it in oct 2011, these pics show the slight progress since ive owned it

mods to date are:

debadged grill
sportex catcback
dewipered rear
corsa C SXI 15" wheels
heko deflectors
tailored int mats (didnt have any when i bought it)

slowly getting there i think but still a long way off the standard i want it to be at

[Edited on 26-02-2012 by silvercorsabee]
ArdenAndy

26th Feb 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks pretty sweet! i fancy some wind deflectors now ahaa, i shall keep my eye on this thread, will be good to see its progress
silvercorsabee

26th Feb 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenAndy
looks pretty sweet! i fancy some wind deflectors now ahaa, i shall keep my eye on this thread, will be good to see its progress

haha cheers matey! ive subscribed to yours man so ill be watching out for progress aswell ! haha, have a look on corsacentre.com dude ive got a few things off there now, tinted side reps are next on the list i think then a set of coilys just unsure what ones to get!
silvercorsabee

26th Feb 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump! criticism welcome aswell
LukesCorsaSXi

26th Feb 12 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks smart on the C SXi's mate!
silvercorsabee

27th Feb 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, gonna have a bash at spraying my bumper plastics myself at some point (doing it properly) what colour should i do them? gloss black? matt black? or colour code them? need opinions!
corsa_sean

27th Feb 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gloss black deffo
silvercorsabee

1st Mar 12 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a list of mods to expect in the very near future so keep your eyes pealed!:

stickerbombed centre console
new wiper arms (mine r really scabby!)
chrome veccy interior handles
richbrook gear knob & doorpins
fresh, smaller sized numb plates
dropped 40mm (just on springs for now)

^^ these are just next on the list, even better things to come watch this space!

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by silvercorsabee]
Jonny.K

13th Mar 12 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il be keepin an eye out for this drivin about when i get mine back on the road jus a suggeston tho go 60mm 40mm will be pointless 60 sits perfect imo n trust me iv driven about aberdeen in 40 Bs at 60mm n get over most speedbumps fine n th odd scrape on some
silvercorsabee

14th Mar 12 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny.K
il be keepin an eye out for this drivin about when i get mine back on the road jus a suggeston tho go 60mm 40mm will be pointless 60 sits perfect imo n trust me iv driven about aberdeen in 40 Bs at 60mm n get over most speedbumps fine n th odd scrape on some

aye im hopin to be on the road in 4 weeks max! past my test and everythin its just insurance no doubt ill be drivin about everywhere so if u see me gimme a flash or somethin yeah i was wanting to go down 60mm but was wanting coilys so it can be adjusted if needed, if i do get 40mm springs it will just be temporary til i get coilys
ArdenAndy

17th Mar 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in the same situation, bumps in my area are sick! i just replaced standard front springs and rear shocks, will be getting some coilovers once i pass my test i thinks
silvercorsabee

17th Mar 12 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im in the same situation, bumps in my area are sick! i just replaced standard front springs and rear shocks, will be getting some coilovers once i pass my test i thinks

yeah i man i needed new shocks for my MOT too, was advised to lower it then since the shocks were being replaced anyway but was skint at the time! ive been having a look at FK coilys but i heard there a really stiff ride so im not really sure whether to settle for them or get a decent sset of spax coilys or somethin.. good luck wth the test u got it booked!?

ArdenAndy

18th Mar 12 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was looking at them to, i dont mind compromising comfort for looks as i doubt i will be able to save for a really good set :/ thankyou! i aint booked it yet as its my sisters birthday on the 27th so im going to wait till after that
silvercorsabee

18th Mar 12 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i was looking at them to, i dont mind compromising comfort for looks as i doubt i will be able to save for a really good set :/ thankyou! i aint booked it yet as its my sisters birthday on the 27th so im going to wait till after that

aw right, remember there will probably be a waiting list! i had to wait about a month for mine! ha
DanCobb

18th Mar 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How comes the griffins have been taken off the mudflaps? Will look smart dropped 60mm

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by DanCobb]
silvercorsabee

18th Mar 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanCobb
How comes the griffins have been taken off the mudflaps? Will look smart dropped 60mm

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by DanCobb]

were all cracked and peeling so decided to pull them off when i was washing it, think im getting opel ones soon anyway...yeah thats the plan mate, 60mm on anthracite speedlines

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » lewis' corsa B SXI progress! *lowerd finally 23 database queries in 0.0144579 seconds