corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just knocked 70 quid off my insurance (15%) by.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just knocked 70 quid off my insurance (15%) by.....
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
31st Jan 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

female is better
Corsa_Sport21

31st Jan 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
When.

when what? he pranged the rs

Was at Ben G.

When did elephant say a car was safer on the street than it was in the garage.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

31st Jan 12 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's probably down to people lying about where there car is kept, all these cars getting stolen off the road after being declared as on a driveway/in a garage it's actually become statistically more likely to be stolen from a driveway or garage.
Daveskater
Premium Member

31st Jan 12 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adding named drivers does help, I added my mum and dad and saved £150

Anyway, I thought it was supposed to be more expensive in the garage because of the possibility of damaging the car against said garage.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Nismo

31st Jan 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also with a garage, there is fire hazards, stuff falling on the car, damage with the garage (walls doors etc)
M2RTY

31st Jan 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my lass brings it down, shes 26, my dad increases it and hes 58 with 40 years ncb and clean licence....odd again
Fro

31st Jan 12 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mum and dad take a good few hundred off mine, paid around 6/650 fully comp on the golf.
N3CRO

1st Feb 12 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When looking at insurance, the price went down when my dad added my sister rather than if just him on the policy.
johnhara1

1st Feb 12 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adding my girlfriend make the policy come down by around £300.

Even though she is now an ex girlfriend, she is still insured on my car but she doesn't know
shaned12345

1st Feb 12 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found this out 2 years ago and knocked £200 off my policy, was rather surprised
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 12 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike has it - the reason is that there are more claims from cars in garages, because most people say the car is garaged regardless of whether it actually is.

Its safer in a garage assuming you don't drive in to the doorway or drop a tin of paint on it.
Mark.W

2nd Feb 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just renewed mine today and asked about if i added my uncle with 25 years driving experience with 22 years ncb and said it wouldn't bring the price down they said it would either stay the same of even go up

So just left it and renewed it as normal.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
because most people say the car is garaged regardless of whether it actually is.

Don't understand this really, since my 'garaged policy' stated that when at the home address between 11pm-6am or somethin like that it must be garaged, so if it was on the street outside the house and nicked, in theory they wouldn't pay out.
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Just renewed mine today and asked about if i added my uncle with 25 years driving experience with 22 years ncb and said it wouldn't bring the price down they said it would either stay the same of even go up

Is that with Brentacre mate? If so I had the same with mine. Got it down to a decent price anyway though so I wasnt worried
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what would you do if it was nicked from outside your house but you said it was in your garage? I wouldn't risk not getting a pay out, I'd smash the lock on my garage door etc etc to make it look like it was in the garage all along
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Feb 12 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
when at the home address between 11pm-6am or somethin like that it must be garaged
Its a lie to say it for most people but I think they trade a cheaper premium for that chance to take.
john_redtop

2nd Feb 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always found that saying its on the front works out cheaper than on a drive or in a garage also have my dad and grandad on my insurance as that brings it down aswell
Mark.W

2nd Feb 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

Is that with Brentacre mate? If so I had the same with mine. Got it down to a decent price anyway though so I wasnt worried

Yes Shaun thats with Brentacre.I have the corsa and astra insured with them because they reflected the ncb's off my corsa to the astra to make it a little cheaper but if i didn't have the corsa and used all my ncb's on the astra i could have saved almost £300 by going with churchhill with it not being modified i could have played companies off each other easier but if i kept the corsa with brentacre and insured the astra with elswhere i could only use the 1 years ncb iv gained on it and was getting prices £1200-2000 so stayed with Brentacre for another year.

Should get rid of 1 car really to save alot of money but will see how i feel after pvs.

sand-eel

3rd Feb 12 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elephant are weird...back a few years I added my mum and dad and it wiped £200 off now having my dad on costs more but my mum still gives me a discount.
Also it used to be cheaper insuring a TT supra instead of an N/A and for some reason an isuzu trooper is £300 less to insure than a shogun, disco, hilux etc...they are all big 4x4's
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Feb 12 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

Yes Shaun thats with Brentacre.I have the corsa and astra insured with them because they reflected the ncb's off my corsa to the astra to make it a little cheaper but if i didn't have the corsa and used all my ncb's on the astra i could have saved almost £300 by going with churchhill with it not being modified i could have played companies off each other easier but if i kept the corsa with brentacre and insured the astra with elswhere i could only use the 1 years ncb iv gained on it and was getting prices £1200-2000 so stayed with Brentacre for another year.

Should get rid of 1 car really to save alot of money but will see how i feel after pvs.
I called Brentacre last year for a quote on my car and then said about adding named drivers and they said straight up "it won't make it go down, we actually charge an admin fee for each named driver you add, so it will go up". Bit of a weird system compared to everyone else.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Chris
Premium Member

3rd Feb 12 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone thinks its cheaper to insure from drive or garage, so when it comes to claim you say it was on the drive. So % wise on street claims are far less then drive claim, hense the 15% savings, a quick tweek of you job role can also save 10%.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-job-picker/
M2RTY

4th Feb 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye done that couple years ago lol, computer analyst was cheapest now and there was a difference between "hospital - doctor" and "doctor - hospital" for my lass lol
gez bay

4th Feb 12 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just saved £125 by putting mine on the road instead of garage
jrneedo

4th Feb 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just saved 200 squid outta this. NICE ONE
mattk

5th Feb 12 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum brigs my van insurance down £400 adnd my dad a further £150, it was about £70 less when parked on the street

the 2 times my Punto got done over was when the garage was broke into, they did alot of damage both times

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just knocked 70 quid off my insurance (15%) by..... 23 database queries in 0.1097450 seconds