corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Power box inlets

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power box inlets
Christopher

User status: Offline
12th Jan 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thinking about getting a 1.4 sport next as cant really afford much higher insurance! Heard that power boxes are one of the best mods with a 4 branch manifold and a full system! Just wondered how much difference do they really make? How much do they roughly cost? Are they easy enough to find?

Pictures would be cool too! Thank you
Christopher

12th Jan 12 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or any info would be great
Eck
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A powerbox like the homemade ones that sometimes crop up on here cost £140 when they were made so I dare say they will be less than that now! They do make a big difference as the inlet is very restrictive. They are really easy to find too, and aye, with a 4-2-1/4-1 manifold and a decat system they do go much better!
Christopher

13th Jan 12 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks eck!
Generation

13th Jan 12 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure Jed d, will be here with the details soon, and how hard it was to get a pipe off

I had them on my old engine (both) was good, noticed decent increase. Excitment was very short lived though, after that its big bucks
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a genuine mantzel for £40 but i was very lucky

vx boxes will be around £100 now
BeArDy

13th Jan 12 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have both for £175
Vx power box and race land 421 ( alittle dinted as Corsa it came off was lowered )
Christopher

13th Jan 12 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all info! Think il get one if I get this 1.4!
Jamie1991

13th Jan 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.4 made 109.6bhp with powerbox and 4-2-1, standard cat, standard centre pipe and ashley backbox. well worth the cash
Jed D

13th Jan 12 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I'm sure Jed d, will be here with the details soon, and how hard it was to get a pipe off

and aye,they pretty good. i found a vx one on ebay that ended with no bids at £100 plus £20 p+p...
i messaged the lad with a cheeky offer of £80 all in and he said yes.... came with loads of spares like lower inlet, injectors, fuel rail, egr plate...... only problem was it was missing a bolt
you may probs need some 5 or 6mm diameter pipe and a bit of 3mm also x2 T pieces, can be picked up off ebay for petty £s for a metre.
and yes, as said, the hard part is getting that ^ pipe out from the back, would be much easier to do with the engine out though lol
well worth getting one imo, love my 1.6 now. really feel it past 4-5k

other thing to bear in mind when fitting is that you will need to drill the threads out of the throttle body, you will need a pipe from the tb to air box or cone filter that has a hole in for the air sensor, you may need to bash your bulk head in a bit on the drivers side and the connector for the tb need to come over to the drivers side...

its all in my thread for links to bits and pieces and pic of fitting it Christopher, check out page 14 onwards mate and if you get stuck with out just u2u me and il try my best to help out

[Edited on 13-01-2012 by Jed D]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Power box inlets 22 database queries in 0.0125661 seconds