corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Mail Tracked

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Royal Mail Tracked
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jan 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a card through saying i need to wait 48 hours before collection, but the website says with the reference number
It is being held at Bridgend (CF) DO pending instructions from addressee.

Shall i risk the 10mile journey to get it, was 1000 this morning they tried to deliver it, surely it cant actually take two days to get back there
Tom J
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried ringing but its just all automated can't actually get through to the delivery office to check
Ben G

5th Jan 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think you have to book a time to go and collect it if its at a depot. i had to when dpd had one of my parcels.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Delivery office typically doesn't operate after 12pm. You could try ringing them first thing tomorrow to confirm the item is waiting for you.

Its tracked so it should be back at the sorting/delivery office already but if you live somewhere weirdo like Wales it might take up to 48 hours to get back? Educated guess.
Ben G

5th Jan 12 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure where i got depot from, should be at sorting office now.

ive missed stuff from 7am in the morning and collected it from sorting office at 2pm.
willay
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
think you have to book a time to go and collect it if its at a depot. i had to when dpd had one of my parcels.

Its RM Tracked, it won't be at a depo/central sorting office anymore. It will be waiting under some desk in a Royal Mail sorting/delivery office.

Never heard of needing to book a time to collect a parcel from RM.
Tom J
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its open til 5pm but dont know whether to risk it, thats the problem can't even ring them its just a national number which is all automated so might have the same tomorrow too, going on the 48hours i'd have to wait til 10am saturday! ridiculous
Ben G

5th Jan 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:

Its RM Tracked, it won't be at a depo/central sorting office anymore. It will be waiting under some desk in a Royal Mail sorting/delivery office.

Never heard of needing to book a time to collect a parcel from RM.

agreed, see above as i corrected my mistake.
willay
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This any use to you?

Royal MailBridgend Delivery Office Tremains Road Bridgend CF31 1ZZwww.royalmail.comTel: 01656 643050
willay
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
agreed, see above as i corrected my mistake.

sorry bruv couldnt be bothered to edit my post
Tom J
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried that number, no answer, and its moved about a year back from that address to horsefair road! cheers tho
Tom J
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck it i'll go lunchtime tomorrow and it better be there or i'll go kung fu on them
willay
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember to bring two forms of ID and samples of DNA.
Tom J
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing that bugs me most, not about this occasion, but the previous two, they've put these mother fckin things through the door and they haven't even knocked, and i know because i've been in the house, one time the missus opened the door as he was trying to put the leaflet through the lazy fuckers
AlunJ

5th Jan 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always pop down the sorting office a few hours after the card was put through the door, only once have I had to go back the next day. My postman seems pretty good though, of it fits through the letter box he seems to sign it for me

[Edited on 05-01-2012 by AlunJ]
willay
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happens all over mate, RM, TNT, DPD, Parcel Force. Just depends on what mood the last mile man or woman is in.
Ben G

5th Jan 12 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
the thing that bugs me most, not about this occasion, but the previous two, they've put these mother fckin things through the door and they haven't even knocked, and i know because i've been in the house, one time the missus opened the door as he was trying to put the leaflet through the lazy fuckers

was in the paper yesterday mate, something like 32,000 complaints in 2011 about that. they only get 10 seconds per door to wait so just throw a card through the door to save time.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J

Our postman was doing this. Asked him about it and he basically said if it doesn't fit in his bag he doesn't bother bringing it.

Depot people are twats too usually and first thing they do is look if it's been 48hrs and just dismiss it and say come back.
Sam
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Round here Brett if the parcel/jiffy bag is too big for the postman's bag someone in a van comes round to deliver it in the morning.

Generally RM are OK around here, for example I had to return something to eBuyer and the ParcelForce guy came round at 7.30am this morning to collect it and they normally deliver at that time too. Wish service was like that everywhere TBH.
deano87

6th Jan 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parcel sent to me 19th December - not arrived.

Parcel sent to me 27th December - arrived.

Parcel sent to me 5th January - arrived.

Royal Fail
Sam
Premium Member

6th Jan 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How were they sent?
Cavey

6th Jan 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get 3 mins per parcel to deliver stuff, I typically knock at door/ring Bell, wait 30 seconds or so, ring the bell again then start writing the card, if theres no answer by the time I'm done I'll give a slip.

Think it depends on size of the office how long we write till you can pick stuff up, Crewe us 4 hours, Derby we put 48. Also if its been taken with the actual postman, not the driver it might of gone to a local office then have to be sent back to the main office hence the 48 hours.

At ours, the tracked all have to go by driver, so would of been taken back at the end of his shift to the main depot, so should be there for collection
deano87

7th Jan 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
How were they sent?

1st Class I believe.
Tom J
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i went after 24 hours and it was there, no questions asked. clunts would of made me wait an extra day!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Mail Tracked 22 database queries in 0.0941629 seconds