corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C SRi *Total Vauxhall Feature Out*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C SRi *Total Vauxhall Feature Out*
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jan 12 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
quote:
Originally posted by vx-scottw
not seen th meriva boot handle gona look up on that

Its jus like a normal handle but like smoothed with no silver latch hanginig out of it , but you need a boot popper to open the boot obviusly .
Just been looking into this and sounds like a good idea. Read some stuff on CCUK but still not sure how it all works as it was posted in 2009 and the people who had managed to do it can barely write.

Although now I have just found this which is slightly more helpful, doesn't tell you how to fit it though http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?283559-meriva-boot-handle-part-number

I'm not signed up so can't look in the tutorials section

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
NathanR

9th Jan 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
quote:
Looking good Black Cs are where it's at

Was it hard to smoke the headlights? It's something I'd like to do.

Also, you don't seem to have the SRi lower front grilles

Thanks mate ! Na the headlights were very easy mate ! Jus heat the edges up with a heat gun till it goes soft and peal the back releasing the lense .

I know mate that's something that's always bugged me as to why it doesn't have them :/ . Oh well ill be getting an Airdam at some point
Nice one, cheers Would a Halfords primer be good enough? What colour did you do it too, satin black or something?

I had a look on eBay to see how much new lights would be (as mine have this horrible lacquer stuff on them that I can't seem to get off) but that is out of the question after seeing the prices

Would like a Whiteline RARB myself. Are you going to fit yours or get somewhere to do it?

Was going to say I'll be in Devon in a couple of months, but the Barnstaple/Croyde area Would have been cool to compare motors

Hmm make an account on ccuk pal there's some on there sometimes . There quite pricey to buy !
The stuff on the lenses sounds weird mate :/ have you tried sanding it off ? I had a little ding on one off my lenses and I sanded it out up threw the grades .
And im a fair way away from there lol ! But there's usually 2 big meets a year in exeter and that's sorta half way ? Are you moving down here ?
And ill prob put it on myself bud x
NathanR

9th Jan 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
not seen th meriva boot handle gona look up on that

Its jus like a normal handle but like smoothed with no silver latch hanginig out of it , but you need a boot popper to open the boot obviusly .
Just been looking into this and sounds like a good idea. Read some stuff on CCUK but still not sure how it all works as it was posted in 2009 and the people who had managed to do it can barely write.

Although now I have just found this which is slightly more helpful, doesn't tell you how to fit it though http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?283559-meriva-boot-handle-part-number

I'm not signed up so can't look in the tutorials section

There jus a direct replacement for the normal one you jus need to fit a boot popper to open the boot . They look very OEM but I prefer the smooooothness
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Jan 12 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had thought about getting the wet and dry out after posting that, actually. Probably the only thing I haven't tried

Nah I'm just going on holiday, got family near Barnstaple though.

I could probably do with having a look around in the boot first and seeing what I can figure out before thinking of fitting anything. People have posted a couple of ways of making it work only when he car is unlocked which would be preferable. The paint on my boot handle seems to be wearing through so replacing it wouldn't be a bad idea

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
NathanR

9th Jan 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I had thought about getting the wet and dry out after posting that, actually. Probably the only thing I haven't tried

Nah I'm just going on holiday, got family near Barnstaple though.

I could probably do with having a look around in the boot first and seeing what I can figure out before thinking of fitting anything. People have posted a couple of ways of making it work only when he car is unlocked which would be preferable. The paint on my boot handle seems to be wearing through so replacing it wouldn't be a bad idea

Give it a go mate if it works it'll save you some pennies ! And fair play dude .
Get it smoothed bud
Daveskater
Premium Member

10th Jan 12 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a guy at the local Vaux dealer via a lad at work, he works in parts so I can get mate's rates Meriva handle would only be about £14. You on CCUK? I might need to sign up to get on the tutorials.

Can get insignia washer jets for £1.90 each, too

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
NathanR

11th Jan 12 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know a guy at the local Vaux dealer via a lad at work, he works in parts so I can get mate's rates Meriva handle would only be about £14. You on CCUK? I might need to sign up to get on the tutorials.

Can get insignia washer jets for £1.90 each, too

Fair play , all you need then is a boot popper . I still haven't fitted my boot popper yet , its right squeeze to open the boot as my seats don't move much and there rigid so only a small gap to get threw .

And yh I'm on CCUK however I don't post on there much and don't have a build thread on there . It only takes 5 mins to sign up bud . What's the spec on yours then Dave ?
Daveskater
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a look on eBay and can get Vectra/Astra boot poppers pretty cheap. No idea how it all works though which is why I want to take the trim off inside the boot and have a look. People are always fitting poppers to stuff so I figure it can't be that hard

Not much spec on mine tbh, lowered on Irmscher springs, cheap eBay straight through and backbox, black side reps, small aerial. That's about all I can afford Been saving to get a nice exhaust for ages Looking at probably getting an John Ashley manifold and then 2.5" stainless catback and a cat.

Never bothered making a build thread as I rarely do anything to it due to budget

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
NathanR

11th Jan 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Had a look on eBay and can get Vectra/Astra boot poppers pretty cheap. No idea how it all works though which is why I want to take the trim off inside the boot and have a look. People are always fitting poppers to stuff so I figure it can't be that hard

Not much spec on mine tbh, lowered on Irmscher springs, cheap eBay straight through and backbox, black side reps, small aerial. That's about all I can afford Been saving to get a nice exhaust for ages Looking at probably getting an John Ashley manifold and then 2.5" stainless catback and a cat.

Never bothered making a build thread as I rarely do anything to it due to budget

Yh i dont have a clue how to wire it up so for me its jus waiting until one of my mates is free .
Fair enough pal ! I would recomend piper to anyonne mate , abit pricey but worth every penny ! And with regards to the john ashley manifold , There okay however i do wish i saved a little extra and bought a piper one !
NathanR

11th Jan 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update : Just heard from Pheonix Autosport Flocking and all my parts are flocked and curing as we speek ! Not sure as to wen the parts will be sent out yet tho however i cant see it being long !
For anyone that hasnt yet used them and has seen there advertisement on here in the classifieds i highly recomend them as they are very helpfull and come back with very good prices .

Ive also had a change of plan with respraying the SRi alloys . They have now been sold and on friday ill be buying 4 new 195/40/16 Falkens (unsure what type) for the speedlines . Has anyone used Falkens before ? I usually buy Yokohama s drives however the falkens are slightly cheeper and a freind said there quite good ?

Also on saturday weather obiding ill be getting the car up on stands cleaning out all the crap from the arches and cleaning up the coilovers and raise the front up about 10mm and try sort the camber out the best i can ! Ill treat it to a polish and wax and get some pics up to !
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got exactly that size and make on my softstars that I bought on monday mate

They're far better than the rubbish that was on there and grip well! Transformed the car a bit and now it doesn't spin up in 3rd as much

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
NathanR

11th Jan 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
I got exactly that size and make on my softstars that I bought on monday mate

They're far better than the rubbish that was on there and grip well! Transformed the car a bit and now it doesn't spin up in 3rd as much

Thanks for that Darryl . My mate has them on his Z20LET corsa c and he said there alright and there pretty cheap tbh ! Hopefully shud handle a bit better
Daveskater
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yh i dont have a clue how to wire it up so for me its jus waiting until one of my mates is free .
Fair enough pal ! I would recomend piper to anyonne mate , abit pricey but worth every penny ! And with regards to the john ashley manifold , There okay however i do wish i saved a little extra and bought a piper one !
I had seen the Piper ones online but have heard they're loud and I want something slightly quieter, plus I'll probably have a budget of about £500 for the whole system (unless I wait a bit longer), so Piper is definitely out on the ground of price alone.

I have some Eibach camber adjustment bolts if you'd like them? Had them on my car for a bit but took them off again as I got it 4-wheel aligned and the camber was within tolerance so I was happy enough I think most of or all of the paint has come off, but they still work alright Same ones as these - http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Eibach-EZ-Cam-Front-Camber-Adjustment-Bolts.html

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
NathanR

13th Jan 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I had seen the Piper ones online but have heard they're loud and I want something slightly quieter, plus I'll probably have a budget of about £500 for the whole system (unless I wait a bit longer), so Piper is definitely out on the ground of price alone.

I have some Eibach camber adjustment bolts if you'd like them? Had them on my car for a bit but took them off again as I got it 4-wheel aligned and the camber was within tolerance so I was happy enough I think most of or all of the paint has come off, but they still work alright Same ones as these - http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Eibach-EZ-Cam-Front-Camber-Adjustment-Bolts.html

Yh mine is very loud ! but i like it lol . And thanks for the offer pal but ill jus adjust it on the coilover , do it as best as i can and then go to my mates place for 4 wheel alinement
NathanR

13th Jan 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so today i took my roof lining out ready to spray it tomorow , also gonna spray the grab handles and little brackets that hold the sun visors . Couple pics .

Quite like it with the roof lining out ! Adds to the stripped out theme

Also i sold these to a mate !

As said before i was gonna get the sprayyed up and sell the speedlines but a mate wanted them and the speedlines need new tyres ! So i just bought 4 195/40/16 Toyo Proxes T1-R'S ! Few more little updates tomorw including black roof lining .

Nath !
gsiwannabe

13th Jan 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

comeing along nicely
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one for keeping the Speedlines Nath.

When roof lining is done and fitted,you'll love it,makes it feel smaller and cosier in there.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
vx-scottw
Premium Member

13th Jan 12 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goin todo same at some point when it gets warmer you goin to spray it or relayer it?
NathanR

14th Jan 12 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gsiwannabe
comeing along nicely

Thanks mate
NathanR

14th Jan 12 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Nice one for keeping the Speedlines Nath.

When roof lining is done and fitted,you'll love it,makes it feel smaller and cosier in there.

Not sure they will stay forever dan , but for now im keeping them .

And im looking forward to having it all done ! Should have dash back wednesday to, so that can be fitted next weekend along with new tyres
NathanR

14th Jan 12 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
goin todo same at some point when it gets warmer you goin to spray it or relayer it?

Gonna spray it bud , pretty sure Dan sprayed his and think shaunmods sprayed his too so i reckon it will look good sprayed dont see why not lol
vx-scottw
Premium Member

14th Jan 12 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sprayed mine when I had b used pound land stuff lol
NathanR

14th Jan 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today i painted my roof lining , however i ran out of paint so ill go buy some more tommorow ! I already used 3 500ml cans on it ! lol . How i left it .

And the rest of the day ive shampood it with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild , Polished with Auto Glym SRP , Waxed with cheep Karnuba wax , and treated the plastics and tyres with Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel . Ive also raised the front up 10mm , only driven it down the road to take some pics but its made the ride so much more compfortable lol . Some pic whoring .

Also at some point since ive had it i got some 260mm drilled and grooved front discs

And yesterday i gave the rear abit of a clean as was pretty dusty !

Hopefully my dash and Toyos should both turn up on wednesday next week so i can get it all fitted on saturday .
Nath !
Jed D

14th Jan 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff, feel a difference with that rear strut brace?
NathanR

14th Jan 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na not all mate ! The omp ones are pretty much for show tbh :/ . Wouldn't mind an adjustable Weischer one , one day

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C SRi *Total Vauxhall Feature Out* 24 database queries in 0.2025070 seconds