corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Long Weekend Matches, sponsored by Friday Night Football and the last safe haven from Jed D

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Long Weekend Matches, sponsored by Friday Night Football and the last safe haven from Jed D
Ben J

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS. We aren't catching Spurs this season.
Russ

3rd Jan 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love to hear you explain a heart attack to me mate.
Robbo

3rd Jan 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
looks that way. still, 1 season in what, 16/17 years or summat... gotta let them have something once in a while, provided we finish at leats 4th.

can you imagine the memorabilia... mugs, glasses, towels, dvds, beahc balls, flags... theyll go spud crazy
Ben J

3rd Jan 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
looks that way. still, 1 season in what, 16/17 years or summat... gotta let them have something once in a while, provided we finish at leats 4th.

can you imagine the memorabilia... mugs, glasses, towels, dvds, beahc balls, flags... theyll go spud crazy

It will be crazy. Jake will have the lot too.

I'll give them one season as long as they don't win it!

Jake

3rd Jan 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dvd, screenwash and bedsheets already preordered
Ben J

3rd Jan 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RM 2-0 down. Deffo watch the 2nd half!
Ben G

3rd Jan 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

harry redknapp nodding head model for your car aswell.
Cavey

3rd Jan 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
RM 2-0 down. Deffo watch the 2nd half!

Check out the Malaga keepers name .... *smirk*
Ben J

3rd Jan 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-2 RM now!
Nic Barnes

4th Jan 12 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No pressure tomorrow nights game now for man u to win. So yeah, as a Newcastle fan, I'm fuckin bricking it.
Tom

4th Jan 12 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got what we deserved last night, lots of possesion but silly mistakes and ran out of ideas going forwards. Barry is a dirty f*cker, was glad to see him sent off. City look like a side able to win the title, didn't play well really but took their opportunities well, Kompany is an absolute beast.
Nic Barnes

4th Jan 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of people on facecrack moaning about any Carroll. Don't pass to him what exactly is he supposed to do? He doesn't fit in with the current Liverpool system at all.
Tom

4th Jan 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Loads of people on facecrack moaning about any Carroll. Don't pass to him what exactly is he supposed to do? He doesn't fit in with the current Liverpool system at all.

I think most Liverpool fans frustrations with him are based on the runs he should be making. He doesn't fit the system, and some of the balls he's been getting in haven't been brilliant, but he needs to be making his own space, he's too predictable at the moment.
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the 35m was a reasonable fee to pay for him in all fairness. IF (at the moment it is a big IF) he improves to a level where he can hold down a regular place at Liverpool and get into the England squad, his reputation and shirt sales will grow to the point where his fee is covered. I just dont see where he fits in with this Liverpool squad. Similar to the way Doyle was the linchpin in the squad for us last year, this year he just doesnt seem to fit in with the way we are playing.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never worth £35m even if there was 10 of him
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you consider Ronaldo made RM 80m in shirt sales with Ronaldo on the back in less than a year, it wouldnt take long for a Brit playing for a famous Brit team to make back 35m, as long as he was a regular. Imagine the money gerrard has made liverpools club shop
Hammer

4th Jan 12 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The £35 million was a stubborn fee paid by Liverpool as they wanted him and Ashley was holding out.

He was worth probably around £15 million max, taking into account English player tax and his age.
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What am i even saying 35m
Tom

4th Jan 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was never worth £35m, sellers market and all that though. I hope we can fit him into our team, but I have my doubts. Maybe a good run of games will give him some confidence but he needs to get on the scoresheet quickly again...
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they should adapt the team to his style of play, the players around him have the talent to adapt to him faster than he does to their style.

You've got a giant up front who can head a ball and a winger who can actually deliver across and he plays with his back to goal.
Hammer

4th Jan 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He could still come good, people forget his age. Also despite his lack of goals he will always be a threat in the air, he is a battering ram and defenders hate playing against him.

Interestingly he looked instantly better when Gerrard came on the other day.
Jake

4th Jan 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I think the 35m was a reasonable fee to pay for him in all fairness. IF (at the moment it is a big IF) he improves to a level where he can hold down a regular place at Liverpool and get into the England squad, his reputation and shirt sales will grow to the point where his fee is covered. I just dont see where he fits in with this Liverpool squad. Similar to the way Doyle was the linchpin in the squad for us last year, this year he just doesnt seem to fit in with the way we are playing.

i dont think anyone wants a womans name on the back of their football shirt
Tom

4th Jan 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I think they should adapt the team to his style of play, the players around him have the talent to adapt to him faster than he does to their style.

You've got a giant up front who can head a ball and a winger who can actually deliver across and he plays with his back to goal.

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
He could still come good, people forget his age. Also despite his lack of goals he will always be a threat in the air, he is a battering ram and defenders hate playing against him.

Interestingly he looked instantly better when Gerrard came on the other day.

Yeah he's still only young, I'm not sure if I want us to completely adapt to him though at the expense of the decent football we play when he isn't in the team.

Gerrard's delivery is so superior to anyone else in our teams. Downings has been hit and miss, same with Adam. Kuyt can't cross, and our FB's have been decent. As posted earlier though, he should be making more space for himself through better positioning so he's not always going for 50/50 headers. I know he won an incredible amount of those kind of headers at Newcastle, and he still may do with a bit of confidence with us, but I think he's got alot to learn about movement in the box.

I think we'll buy another striker in the window and look to develop Carroll over a longer period.
Ben G

4th Jan 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

manchester united to lost 3-1 tonight courtesy of 2 ba goals.
Nic Barnes

4th Jan 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
manchester united to lost 3-1 tonight courtesy of 2 ba goals.

would be ideal. although never gonna happen. id go with 4-0 man u. sadly.

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Long Weekend Matches, sponsored by Friday Night Football and the last safe haven from Jed D 23 database queries in 0.0183630 seconds