corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » self-employed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author self-employed
davevans1234

User status: Offline
29th Dec 11 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been working for about five years with the same company now and saving for a house, got the chance after the new year for a new job but its self-employed me and the mrs looking to get a house next year aswell how would we fair if say in july we go for a mortgage. What are the chances of getting one if i have only been self-employed for seven months my mrs also works for the nhs. any advice cheers
Whittie

29th Dec 11 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs working for the NHS will help, they'll be funny about been self employed though. Usually 12-24 months, they'd like to see. I know people who've still got a mortgage after 6, but they were doing pretty well.
davevans1234

29th Dec 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
mattk

29th Dec 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im self employed and the mrs works as an optician for specsavers

I initialy was going to buy the house myself as I had 15k cash in savings however I got told to go away as I was self employed. after having a re-think and deciding to buy the house with my GF Iwe went back to the banks.

as she earns 30k a year they would give us a joint mortgage on the basis that I dont earn anything. they would give us 120k based only on her wage. if they took my earnings into account then they would have given us 240k

Edd

29th Dec 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most big lenders require a minimum of two years as self employed before they will lend.
M2RTY

2nd Jan 12 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im buying a 2nd house this year and in same boat. Might not be able to take my earnings into concideration

With 2 years figures the bank might be ok of your accountant can forecast a 3rd year

New Poll