corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cheap n easy?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cheap n easy?
AustinRacer

User status: Offline
21st Apr 03 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing my door pockets silver ive sanded one down but cant be bothered to do other one as it took me ages to do first one is there a quick way of doing this coz i want them to be smooth with out the orange peel effect
cheers folks
Helen
Mav 3000

21st Apr 03 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have one something like a lack and Decker Quattro which has an electric sander attachemnt, you put your sand paper on that and it does the job in seconds.

Other than that elbow grease is the only way

[Edited on 21-04-2003 by Mav 3000]
AustinRacer

21st Apr 03 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont talk to me about elbow grease my arms look like pop eyes i thought about an electric sander thing but i asked at halfords n they sed they dont recomend it n the sand paper HAS to be wet n dry
Mav 3000

21st Apr 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you have to use wet n dry.

My fingers are killing from doing my door cards which have been sawed (foam issues) and my mirrors.

Only thing I can recommend is to use really rough wet n dry wish does a fast job but quite abrasive, then work up to the finer stuff to get it nice and smooth.

Just take your time and do it infront of the TV or something
AustinRacer

21st Apr 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might get one of my mates to help me but since ive had them off my door my speakers seem louder if ya get me so might just re-do door cards n take it all the way down so i aint got a pockets on
Helen
Mav 3000

21st Apr 03 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah because the grille isn't infront of the speakers they will seem louder - and the grille points downwards if you see what I mean so i'd guess the sound goes downwards to the feet rather than up to the ear with the grilles on.

You could cut the grille out and put some sort of custom mesh on it which may help this if your feeling adventurous!

Happy sanding
AustinRacer

21st Apr 03 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey now we`re shaping batman where did that lilttle brain wave come from my car is gonna look more like a chicken run by the time iv done with it
Mav 3000

21st Apr 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look at other people's custom door builds they aim the speakers upwards as this is far better for projection that out to your feet like Vauxhall have. This problems is also cured by buying a decent set of component speakers

I don't know where the meshing idea came from - may work, but then again!

Are you just colour coding then?
AustinRacer

21st Apr 03 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah some dude on ere has done his thinks its cobra184 or something like that has done his n looks sweet as so i thought i cud do mine but not sure on wot colour tho my car is like a sky blue but dont want the same inside think it looks too much IMO but might do it silver might not dunno yet yellow looks good i think esp wen door cards r gonna be black but yellow n blue dont sound too good
Mav 3000

21st Apr 03 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My interiors silver where I've colour coded it. My cars dark blue on the outside.

Problem with colour coding the pockets would be when people scuff them with their feet getting in and your of your car. You will be careful but passengers may not

I'd stay away from yellow I think light blue and silver interior would look good. Just don't get too carried away!

Good luck.
AustinRacer

21st Apr 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im only doing my pockets n handles altho the bit that goes where the time n date is on the dash looks good too but see how i go with the pockets first dont wanna do too much coz already got broken into so dont want it to look inviting if u no wot i mean
Mav 3000

21st Apr 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I get ya. Subtle is always better too unless you know its gonna look good.

Take your time spraying - its all in the preparation so its well worth going a good job on sanding no matter how dull and painful on the fingers it is!
AustinRacer

21st Apr 03 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its as smooth as a babys bum come to think of it so r my fingers got no print left on em lol

New Poll