corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E46 M3
BeetleGav

User status: Offline
23rd May 14 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking fantastic as always! Not helping my crave for one a single bit!
I've mounted my number plate on some black Velcro in the lower grille, might be an option for you?

Love the grilles too
flybikeslee

23rd May 14 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still my favourite M3
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd May 14 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seen the incident at Bedford?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEONw5-x9s&feature=player_detailpage#t=33
M Sutton

23rd May 14 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome as usual Graham!
Wow, that just goes to show how such an open track like Bedford can be dangerous!!
Graham88

24th May 14 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Looking fantastic as always! Not helping my crave for one a single bit!
I've mounted my number plate on some black Velcro in the lower grille, might be an option for you?

Love the grilles too

Go buy one

I'm going to keep the original plate holder, just figure out a way to mount it. I bought some strong magnets just got to have a play with it. To be honest I messed up as I should have played with it before getting it sprayed, but it was a last minute thing when I was rubbing the bumpers down that I decided to get rid of the plate holes!

Cheers Lee

Nasty that Dan, very few places you can come off at Bedford and damage your car but that's a bit special!
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th May 14 at 05:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
You seen the incident at Bedford?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEONw5-x9s&feature=player_detailpage#t=33

"Did you get that?"

Brutal photography as usual

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

24th May 14 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ!
broster
Premium Member

24th May 14 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate of mine in the nova coming out the pit lane, was a bit close!
Graham88

25th May 14 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was thinking lucky guy in the Nova,you'd be gutted to get caught in that!
Daimo B

25th May 14 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

I did a little session the other week at Summer Wednesdays Brands Hatch meet just because I hadn't done any track time for a while so had to get it out my system. Not a very interesting video but I changed the Go Pro to a fixed position. I want to lower it a bit to try and avoid the mirror a bit but I prefer the view and it gives me a lot more room to look around without having it on the helmet, which is safer really, whilst still being able to look at what I'm doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWhSFiaGWHk

That would honestly do my head in. At least on the bikes you can get around someone going into/out of corners (or even round the outside on bends). Brands is just too small for a car trackday. Every lap you'd catch someone. You want a limit of 5 cars on track

Do they not session cars like bikes these days (Novice/Inters/Fast)? Would make more sense, as you can drive a slow straightline car fast in a straight line (hence cornering would be ok and faster car can buzz past on straights but maintain corner speeds), but like that VX220, it just bloody stops at Paddock. I'd spend every session getting pissed off with people getting in the way
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th May 14 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm mounting my front plate in my tow eye hole. Making a mount and welding it to the screw in tow hook. Easiest way

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Graham88

25th May 14 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B

That would honestly do my head in. At least on the bikes you can get around someone going into/out of corners (or even round the outside on bends). Brands is just too small for a car trackday. Every lap you'd catch someone. You want a limit of 5 cars on track

Do they not session cars like bikes these days (Novice/Inters/Fast)? Would make more sense, as you can drive a slow straightline car fast in a straight line (hence cornering would be ok and faster car can buzz past on straights but maintain corner speeds), but like that VX220, it just bloody stops at Paddock. I'd spend every session getting pissed off with people getting in the way

The thing is, I was on a Novice session I bought it off my mate who broke his car and just quickly popped to Brands. That's when I realised it was novice. Couple of people came up afterwards and said there's no way you're a novice in that car so I couldn't really comment much on the driving as I shouldn't have been there. Normally I steer clear of the sessions but 2-3 months without track time was making me shake a little

I like to see what I'm doing though Tom, my mates done this on MK2 RS and gets some good vids but I like it inside the car
Ian
Site Administrator

25th May 14 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's an argument there for supervising novices! Some fairly capable cars being driven like they're in Tesco.
Daimo B

26th May 14 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

The thing is, I was on a Novice session I bought it off my mate who broke his car and just quickly popped to Brands. That's when I realised it was novice. Couple of people came up afterwards and said there's no way you're a novice in that car so I couldn't really comment much on the driving as I shouldn't have been there. Normally I steer clear of the sessions but 2-3 months without track time was making me shake a little

Hahahaha aahhhhh that makes sense then, novice only day, wondered why some odd lines and mentally slow driving round the bends was on that video

I know what you mean about tracktime, I've not been on track since Sept last year at Portimao (bike rebuild, holidays, job changes etc etc) so I'm bursting to get out again. I know your near Gravesend, and having Brands so close is a nightmare, as you can just pop down to see if there are any spaces left .

Charges are insane though. This year is £229 for a 3 group day on the GP (bikes this is), yet its bloody cheaper to drive up to Snetterton and back AND do the TD. Brands pisses me right off, but I love it.

Still, got to pay for the fuel in that twat Palmers helicopter somehow haven't they......
Graham88

27th May 14 at 04:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
There's an argument there for supervising novices! Some fairly capable cars being driven like they're in Tesco.

Thing is, they probably feel like they are absolutely pushing the limits. Best thing I ever did was get an instructor in with me and he ripped my driving to pieces even though I thought I was doing ok should definitely be mandatory to have an instruction for 20 mins or something! That's not just for their benefit but everyone else's too. I mean the guy who indicated left, seriously, we had a briefing 30 mins before saying move to the right if you see faster car approaching, some people just shit themselves!

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo BHahahaha aahhhhh that makes sense then, novice only day, wondered why some odd lines and mentally slow driving round the bends was on that video

I know what you mean about tracktime, I've not been on track since Sept last year at Portimao (bike rebuild, holidays, job changes etc etc) so I'm bursting to get out again. I know your near Gravesend, and having Brands so close is a nightmare, as you can just pop down to see if there are any spaces left .

Charges are insane though. This year is £229 for a 3 group day on the GP (bikes this is), yet its bloody cheaper to drive up to Snetterton and back AND do the TD. Brands pisses me right off, but I love it.

Still, got to pay for the fuel in that twat Palmers helicopter somehow haven't they......

I'm in Swanley now so even closer to Brands, literally 5 minutes down the road! GP for cars is £425….I'd rather go to Nurburgring and do a track day. Ok so extra accommodation and travelling costs but it's a bit better than Brands lol. I do want to do GP once though just to give it a go, hoping they'll do an evening or something.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jun 14 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£425 for a day OPL?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Jun 14 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
£425 for a day OPL?

Same price for GP Silverstone too 99% of the time
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Jun 14 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car was still looking great last night

I went to swanley town centre afterwards and asda. As I needed some milk and was wasting 10mins so the crossing was free

Seems a nice town

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Graham88

5th Jun 14 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
£425 for a day OPL?

Yeah, or you can do sessions for £325...don't know why anyone would do that!

It's not too bad Gav. Got it's bad parts as with every town. Good to see you again

Pic from Rich Sams:

Brands evening next Thursday can't wait
Ecosse Sport

7th Jun 14 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great.

You need these for your number plate, these suckers are rated to 140 mph.

http://www.gecleant.de/shop/kennzeichenfix.html
taylorboosh

8th Jun 14 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good god those photos are great
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th Jun 14 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really do like this car. Those photos are awesome

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Graham88

17th Jun 14 at 03:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did an evening open pit lane at Brands on Thursday with a few mates, mostly as a Nurburgring shakedown!

Got a few decent pics and lifting a wheel through Surtees which is a pic I'm chuffed with as I've been convinced I've been lifting a wheel through there every time and nobody has ever believed me

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked photos
BeetleGav

17th Jun 14 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure that wheels on the floor

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3 24 database queries in 0.0250881 seconds