corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3

New Poll
  <<  35    36    37    38    39    40    41  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E46 M3
Graham88

User status: Offline
28th Jun 13 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I did a Brands evening on Monday. Perfect weather so ran the Cups, what an epic evening session allbeit a little busy at times. Did it with a few people I know which was cool, a Clio Cup 197, 2 M3's CSL's, Porsche GT3 RS, Porsche Cayman R, Saph Cosworth, MK1 Focus RS & BMW E36 328, plus there was quite a variety of other cars out.

Love this picture with 2 wheels starting to lift off the ground

Little video getting held up by a straight line driver in his TVR.

Car performed faultlessly and loving the gearbox now. Just got to change the fluid before Nurburgring.

All I've got to do is rub down my rear discs with some 80 grit as they DS2500's I ran between replacing my RS29's has left some compound on the disc and it keeps causing my Pagid's to glaze.

Got some videos but unfortunately because I put the GPS receiver in a bad place it wasn't picking up the start/finish line sometimes and not starting the laptimer and the rear camera. When it did pick it up on my 2nd session I'm very happy with Harry's Laptimers new update to have multi cam and to automatically start everything so it means I barely have to do anything when I get in the car. I've relocated the GPS receiver to the dashboard now, only problem I can see is if a Marshall thinks it's unsafe but it's taped down with numberplate tape so not going anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2UZi9yTUak (This one Laptimer and rear cam works)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qkughgOpRU With my mate Mark who is quite excitable lol. And my mate Bobby behind me at the start in his MK1 RS, which is why I was annoyed the rear cam didn't work. I got a couple of 55 second laps in this one again so I'm happy I'm getting consistent with my lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHk7PRpPy8 Last session with my mate Tom in the car (197 driver) at the end I come up behind Vic in his CSL and Billy follows behind in his white (wrapped) CSL. This would have got interesting so I was gutted at the chequered flag!

Also a video in my mates RS when I was infront. He gets stuck behind a few cars after a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43pvF2OhHI
big eck

28th Jun 13 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant vids bud. I'd love to have a go on track at least once.

What's mods does the RS have??

You stuck right on that CSLs ass

[Edited on 28-06-2013 by big eck]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid power iirc 600+ isn't it?

Or that might be a different one.

[Edited on 28-06-2013 by VrsTurbo]
big eck

28th Jun 13 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way that's 600+bhp.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
No way that's 600+bhp.

It's a newer rs that's big power my mistake.
BeetleGav

28th Jun 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish I could afford to run an m3 or z4m sooo fantastic
Graham88

28th Jun 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck, it's about 350bhp, got the basic mods, FMIC, Oil Cooler, Remap, Hybrid turbo. Then it's got KW V3 coilovers, 6 pot AP brakes, whiteline rear ARB. Bucket seats, harnesses and stripped out. Quick car!

That's my mate Henry's Green one Dan.

Get a Z4M Gav love those cars I bet they're not that much more to run than yours, alot of people with big engined BMW's (non M's) fuel consumption seems to be very similar. Your running the same size tyres so all that's different is maybe servicing which I don't think is that bad
BeetleGav

28th Jun 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Servicing and tax are combined at pretty much 1k, I couldn't hand that sort of money over
Had an inspection 1 on the z4 and I think that only cost 130 or something which I thinks very cheap. I cry paying tax at £280 so I think id top myself at M money
Graham88

29th Jun 13 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the Z4M's more then? I'm guessing so because they're newer? Mine is £270. Service Insp 2 I paid £350, that's for the big service so not ridiculous?

Put like that apart from a bit more servicing cost it's not a million miles away
M Sutton

29th Jun 13 at 05:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some great pictures! Car goes really well, love how aggressive it looks on track
BeetleGav

29th Jun 13 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Are the Z4M's more then? I'm guessing so because they're newer? Mine is £270. Service Insp 2 I paid £350, that's for the big service so not ridiculous?

Put like that apart from a bit more servicing cost it's not a million miles away

Oh I presumed it was the same as the z4m. something like £400 for tax
Z4 tax was 270 but now 280.

I'm going to end up looking into m3s now damn it
taylorboosh

29th Jun 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

£350 for insp 2......? must not have been did properly, cars going to explode, scrapper, jambo etc
Graham88

29th Jun 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
Some great pictures! Car goes really well, love how aggressive it looks on track

Thanks mate
quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Oh I presumed it was the same as the z4m. something like £400 for tax
Z4 tax was 270 but now 280.

I'm going to end up looking into m3s now damn it

Haha doooo it Aslong as it's a pre 06 M3 they're all £270
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
£350 for insp 2......? must not have been did properly, cars going to explode, scrapper, jambo etc

Haha Just a guy that doesn't jump on the bandwagon when it comes to charging ///M tax and as a result he gets my recommendation from everyone
taylorboosh

1st Jul 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its what i paid or there abouts.... When you watch an insp 2 being done its really not huge amounts of work
Graham88

1st Jul 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst bit is Valve Clearances, but as my engine had only been built 4000 miles before, only 2 needed slight adjustment so was quick.
Ben G

1st Jul 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate looking in here as it makes me want an e46 m3 even more

Have you ever driven it as a commuter car or in commuter style? If so, what sort of fuel economy were you getting?

I could do with some more space/seats but don't want to get a fwd bore wagon.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

1st Jul 13 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Have you ever driven it as a commuter car or in commuter style? If so, what sort of fuel economy were you getting?

Can get high 20's low 30's on a run. Some one i use to work with drove daily from corby to leicester around 50-60miles and was getting 32 his was smg too
taylorboosh

1st Jul 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant imagine it being worse than a 3.0 z4
BeetleGav

1st Jul 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Z4 on a run can see high 30s and into 40s at 65mph
Mine averages 26mpg though usually which is depressing but i only do short journeys, works 1.4 miles away
Graham88

2nd Jul 13 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

I have driven it sensibly for pottering around but I didn't reset the trip to get a proper good result. It's sitting at 22mpg average last I looked, baring in mind I did a trackday a week ago. Gets low 30's on a motorway run, it's noticeably better on cruise control
3i_gaz

3rd Jul 13 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so much love for this thing! Fair play on the gearbox side of this top bombing that!! haven't been on here in a while glad to read this thread and see its still being honed at every possible moment!

Main fuel station at the ring makes me miss the place so much!
Graham88

4th Jul 13 at 03:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine the gearbox side of things is a piece of piss for you really with your own garage, I'm so jealous as I was getting sick of working on my back

Being used as BMW intended (sort of) and will continue to do so! I cannot wait to go back, I'll be there in exactly 1 month, seriously nursing a semi
j10E W

4th Jul 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what dates you at the ring?
im there from the 2nd to the 4th then driving to amsterdam !
Graham88

5th Jul 13 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4th to 7th! Get there about midday on the Sunday
Norcy91

14th Jul 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this car! Been to look at a Phoenix Yellow M3 today, big marmite colour but personally I like it. Unfortunately it's a Y plate, and has a couple of things I'd change on it.

Got any info or advice about them if I was going to buy it?

It's got an AC Schnitzer exhaust that I'd be looking to sell on for a standard one, any idea what they're worth second hand? Can't find any for sale on eBay!

<<  35    36    37    38    39    40    41  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3 23 database queries in 0.0251920 seconds