corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 182 - Punto - R5 - Impreza - 182 (again!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 182 - Punto - R5 - Impreza - 182 (again!)
kz

User status: Offline
26th Nov 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah so I've got in a complete circle over the past couple of years. Then, I had a 182...

Then I lost my job so had to free up some money, and bought this god awful Punto GT for £700...

Then I remembered my dream to own an R5 GT Turbo, so when I found a decent one locally it just had to be done!

However the dream was kinda short lived as I realised these are just so old now, it was falling apart... I just didn't have the time/money/experience/tools to keep working on it. So I sold both the Punto and the 5 and got myself an Impreza...

Beast of a car, it really was. A healthy 305bhp... however on average I was getting around 12mpg and also paying £150 p/m on insurance, it was painful. Eventually, sadly, I had to get rid (last month) which allowed me to put some money in my savings at least. Been on the bus since! It's been fine tbh, but I realise how much I just love cars as a hobby, so I knew I had to get another. Noticed a few 172's around my price range, but a few 182's trickling down as well. Found one for sale just 2 miles from my house! Unfortunately no cup packs, needs a service and has quite high mileage but for £1,850 I'm happy with it...

So yup, a round circle there, even the same colour lol. Plans are possibly Speedline 2118's, an uprated exhaust and air filter, carbon fibre lip, cup spoiler (or carbon fibre!? not sure if that would look good or not!?) and some coilovers. I had the Recaro's in my old 182 so might try and hunt some of those down again, they were lovely.

One more thing, crazy coincidence... my Cliosport subscription ends today! So maybe it's been exactly 3 years since I bought the last one, down to the very day (can't remember if I actually signed up a few days before or something) only annoying this the insurance seems exactly the same despite an extra 3 years NCB this time round, boo
Corsa_Sport21

26th Nov 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That R5 looked the tits. A car i plan to own 1 day.
kz

26th Nov 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you know your shit, it's awesome. I plan to get a totally standard Raider one today, and just love and care for it.
AndyCorsaSport

26th Nov 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want another 182 coming down loads in price too! Such a fun car for the money!! What is the mileage if you dont mind me asking?
N3CRO

26th Nov 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was wrong with the Punto?
Gareth T

26th Nov 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was looking at getting a 182 myself recently but circumstances said otherwise. A mate has one with a millitec exhaust which sounds the nuts.
big eck

26th Nov 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Less than £2k for a 182, Christ there cheap now.
kz

26th Nov 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
I want another 182 coming down loads in price too! Such a fun car for the money!! What is the mileage if you dont mind me asking?

109k quite a fair bit but full service to back it up (until this year's one that is!)
--ToM--

26th Nov 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need a r5 gtt in my life and a supply of head gaskets for them in the garage on standby ha ha
Lee H

26th Nov 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
i need a r5 gtt in my life and a supply of head gaskets for them in the garage on standby ha ha

Bit of a myth on the head gasket front. They only tend to blow when people tune them badly ie wind the boost up without increasing fuelling.

Mine was running 20psi and 180ish bhp on a standard headgasket fine.
AndyCorsaSport

26th Nov 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport

109k quite a fair bit but full service to back it up (until this year's one that is!)

Was expecting higher for the price tbh. Cheap cheap car!!

I paid £3,600 in June 2010 for a BG 182 with 71k on a 54 plate. So to say its only an extra 35k and 1 year or so on, its a bargain!!
--ToM--

26th Nov 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee H
quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--

Bit of a myth on the head gasket front. They only tend to blow when people tune them badly ie wind the boost up without increasing fuelling.

Mine was running 20psi and 180ish bhp on a standard headgasket fine.

wouldnt know mate im just going off what iv heard as you say myths lol the one thing that puts me off buying one every time is when i see under the bonnet omg confusing its like a bargain bucket in a samco shop
CORSA NUT

26th Nov 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember wanting your scooby after seeing it on SN very sorted motor!

Must admit I miss my 182 sometimes, best handling car I've ever had by far.
Jambo

26th Nov 11 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love 182s!

Keep thinking I want another now they are getting cheaper.
kz

26th Nov 11 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

FWD, they're one of the best I've driven... however I wonder if this one will be a bit worse without the cup suspension? As I said it will be sorted with a set of coilovers before long anyway.
AndyCorsaSport

26th Nov 11 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine had no cup packs, I put some eibach 15mm springs on, and it had the Michelin pe2's. Handled superbly at Cadwell park. Was passing a lot of higher performance cara just to the fact it cornered so well.
kz

26th Nov 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that yours in your avatar? Looks very nice! Mine has the Michelin's on, looked brand new too...
AndyCorsaSport

27th Nov 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats my old one, got it completly standard:

Fit the 15mm springs, painted wheels cup style, and added yellow detail and a Fabia splitter.

And a cheeky pic on 3 wheels at Cadwell park
kz

27th Nov 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice, I would have preferred a black one really. Once I start fiddling around with it, the car will look god though
CORSA NUT

27th Nov 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:

FWD, they're one of the best I've driven... however I wonder if this one will be a bit worse without the cup suspension? As I said it will be sorted with a set of coilovers before long anyway.

Not sure dude mine had both cup packs and Exaltos, even after they were near illegal and i changed them to Contis they were still not as good as the Exaltos...get some fitted if you have the £££ as they transform the car IMO
AndyCorsaSport

27th Nov 11 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Very nice, I would have preferred a black one really. Once I start fiddling around with it, the car will look god though

I wanted the French Racing Blue but they were all out of my price range at the time, so settled for black. If i get another i want the FRB or Liquid Yellow

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:

Not sure dude mine had both cup packs and Exaltos, even after they were near illegal and i changed them to Contis they were still not as good as the Exaltos...get some fitted if you have the £££ as they transform the car IMO

I dont think they make the same Pilot Exalto's now do they??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 182 - Punto - R5 - Impreza - 182 (again!) 22 database queries in 0.0982320 seconds