corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » astra mk4 towbar wiring Help please..URGENT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author astra mk4 towbar wiring Help please..URGENT
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
26th Nov 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright il get straight to the point

i have just fitted a towbar to the astra i know how to do the wiring but i dont know what wires are what on the vauxhall trailer/caravan loom in the boot lining if i could go and write the colours of the wires down now does anyone think they could help me along will be muchly apreachiated need to collect my trailer tomorrow

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by ash-ov-boro]
MarkSport

26th Nov 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have had a wiring diagram with the bar to be honest mate. you will have one for reverse lights, one for brake lights, one for indicators and one for side lights on rear of trailor. you will also have another one for the power plug iirc.
ash-ov-boro

26th Nov 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the manual for the towbar mate and he wiring diagram the only problem is it doesnt tell you the astra side of the wiring

so all i need to know is what colour wire is the reverse/brake/fog/diped beam/indicators in the astra after you have cut the vauxhall plug off which colour wire is the reverse/fog/dipped beam/indicators/brake??

need to know asap as im collecting my trailer at 9am

[Edited on 26-11-2011 by ash-ov-boro]
ash-ov-boro

27th Nov 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have wired it all up from a diagram from the internet but how do i test it before i go collect my trailer

someone help me out im desprate
ash-ov-boro

27th Nov 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have already cut the vauxhall towing plug from behind the boot lining panels and i have wired it all up by following somes astra diagram online & the towbar electric manuals

all i need to do now is test the electrics before i go collect the trailer later today so how can i test it ?

sorry for the reply again but i need to collect the trailer later today it was ment to be 9 this morning but need to check electrics first before doing loads of miles to collect a trailer to find that its not wired propperly
pow
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Multimeter, brown will be common earth.
woody1988

27th Nov 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fit towbars as a living yellow/left indicator Green/right indicator. Red/brake light. Blue/fog light. Black and brown/side lights and white/earth. You can. Put black and brown together and fix to same light and if they use the same wire for brake and side lights in the loom just put red on
ash-ov-boro

27th Nov 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted it now think i will do a tutorial on astraownersclub as i searched net and not a fucking thing to help me out was a right fuck about

will put a tutorial up on here to say what colour wire is for what coming from the car on the vauxhall towing plug which i cut off

as on the plug its been the same for years so should be same on corsa b ect:

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » astra mk4 towbar wiring Help please..URGENT 22 database queries in 0.0077770 seconds