corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Twin Engine Corsa 2 x C20LET's - 26/05/2012 Final Bits for PVShow

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Twin Engine Corsa 2 x C20LET's - 26/05/2012 Final Bits for PVShow
BeArDy

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
Here, how much would ya charge to do up a pair of doorcards?

i havent even made a set yet never mind thinking about selling them

Me and my lad have just started making the boot panel only single layer so lets see how thats gets on

jrdn7

2nd Feb 12 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if ya do up your own set of door cards, let me know how they turn out cause I badly need a set for my own car. Everything is here just to start!

Wondering should I start up my own thread on the project?
Col004

2nd Feb 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Adam
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go to PVS this year just to see this thing in the metal.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me beardy you have some talent
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Feb 12 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely work Adam, that looks like the carbon kit from CarbonMods? Whats it like for making stuff? I've been interested in making my own door cards (flat sheets) but the materials are quite expensive (about £100 for 1m sq??) - if you end up making your own sheets would you be so kind to document it in abit more detail and share your results please?
BeArDy

3rd Feb 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep it's a carbonmod kit, I watched all the videos on YouTube. I spent £100 on stuff from them thinking it was worth a punt even if you throw it in the bin
Me and my lad did the boot panel last night, looked this morning there's a few small defects but perfect for door cards/boot panel etc. it's a matter if learning as you go. Like this boot panel I made was only single skin an yes it's good for what I am using it for but it's to thin for anything else.
From what I bought it will do my slam panel, 2 door cards an boot panel.
Going to get flat panel to make door cards on today so once I start I will take some pics and do alittle how too (not that I am a expert )
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Feb 12 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

expert or not just nice to see someone else fuck it up before I do
taylorboosh

3rd Feb 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt you see eds roof?
specky

8th Feb 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one beardy your getting on with it. be nice to see this finished. hope you get it done in time for pvs
taylorboosh

9th Feb 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by specky
nice one beardy your getting on with it. be nice to see this finished. hope you get it done in time for pvs

honestly... how do you think it would do against yours once its all set up and that
BeArDy

9th Feb 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is for every week I work on mine that's another week for Specky to develope his more and he has already proven his.
Also main thing for me is I don't want to get it involved with slicks, I want to make good time on road tyres.
An as said before I will never be running in Specky class.
He has other people to worry about who's after his crown to be thinking about a car which ident even in his class.
taylorboosh

9th Feb 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im really only asking as a guage... ive seen his car go which is amazing

im wondering if yours will be as fast? faster? slower?

you have more power but also more weight

you have more grip

his is more developed

ect

ect
kyleclub11

9th Feb 12 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good now pal come along since I seen it
Bmorgan1993

9th Feb 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play! absolutely insane but very... very impressive!
N7 THD

10th Feb 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolutely stunning car - so impressive the amount of work that has gone into this.
specky

14th Feb 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
The problem is for every week I work on mine that's another week for Specky to develope his more and he has already proven his.
Also main thing for me is I don't want to get it involved with slicks, I want to make good time on road tyres.
He has other people to worry about who's after his crown to be thinking about a car which ident even in his class.

the cars are two different things like you say beardy am game for a run up the track together once you get it sorted.. if you like

I achived my goal on treads thats why i went onto the slicks. and as far as i know hold the record for that fwd with a 10.74. this year if the car stays in one piece i mite try and do some more runs on treads to see if i can improve on that time..

taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do know vin diesel is on the look out for one right?
Todi-Corsa

15th Feb 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awsome work seen a few things about this car pop up on the forums, not to far from me either so hope to see it going around when you've completed it
BeArDy

15th Feb 12 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by specky
quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy

the cars are two different things like you say beardy am game for a run up the track together once you get it sorted.. if you like

I achived my goal on treads thats why i went onto the slicks. and as far as i know hold the record for that fwd with a 10.74. this year if the car stays in one piece i mite try and do some more runs on treads to see if i can improve on that time..

Defo game for a run up the strip, i just need to get it to drive up the strip first then we can both hope they stay in one peice
If my first year running the car i get high 10's on treads i will be over the moon, it has done what is was built for. Then as we all know its about developing the car to go lower and lower.....

taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scene?
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This needs sorting asap!

It made its PVS debut in 2008!
BeArDy

17th Feb 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17/02/12 - Only a small update, will take some more photos of work i have done tomo when i have more free time.

On earlier posts i have bought some carbon and had a go of making replacment carbon panels etc.
So here my slam panel all complete, fits perfect and looks stunning. I am really very pleased with it.
He is GregGSi's corsa modeling the finished artical

P.S will finished the door cards off this week and put up a how to aswell

Paul_JC

17th Feb 12 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is definately something im keeping an eye on. The level of work on this is unreal. wish i had talents like this.
BeArDy

19th Feb 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a little trip down memory lane today, my mrs had me throw out my car mag collection from when i was 12 up until today
I had to sort threw them all, keep a few i wanted for old times but throw the rest.
I came across which Really made me smile and answered alot of questions.
Here is where my fastination for Twin Engine Cars began June 1997 I would of been 16 when i bought this mag. What made me smile was look closely at the photo I wrote on the reg at 16 - adam's car hands off. hooked ever since

I cut out my slam panel and fitted up my carbon replacment which fits perfect.
really chuffed with how it has come out.

Also fitted the Fuel cap in the rear window, just waiting on a few bits so i can install the tank and filler neck

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Twin Engine Corsa 2 x C20LET's - 26/05/2012 Final Bits for PVShow 24 database queries in 0.1029189 seconds