corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 17's,Et45,40mm drop, Scrubbage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 17's,Et45,40mm drop, Scrubbage?
ruggy

User status: Offline
18th Apr 03 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting some 17inch 100+ phantoms delivered next week. they are et45 and only 7 inch wide. The car is dropped 40mm and are wrappedin toyo proxes t1-s. What are the chances of scrubbing/work needed?, and if so what? Please help. i have visions of an angle grinder and a big hammer!?!?!?
ruggy

18th Apr 03 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello...... help.........please
Jill
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check this out:
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=61204

My corsa hasn't had archwork and only rubs with four people in the car or when driving at angles ie) up slopes etc.

JILL
The-Power20

19th Apr 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 100+ 17's 7inch wide they used to rub when i have ppl in back,when i went over bumps or they'd rub at full lock when wheels were angled to the left but never to the right, just gave the arch a bit of a rub down. no bother now

[Edited on 19-04-2003 by The-Power20]
Kris TD

19th Apr 03 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the rear archs and then stick em on with adheasive, that will solve the rubbing if you have any.
Lozza_d

19th Apr 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 17inch 100+ phantoms n lowered 40mm mine does rub when i have more than 2 people in my car!!i have changed the struts to make it harder n works on the front as it does not rub too much but in the back it does rub when goin down uneven roads n stuff. It rubs with 1 person in the back too.i have tried alot of things to sort this problem out by gluin my old arches on with some adheasive to bring the arches out but it still rubbed!!i have red some of the things on this web site n sum people have lowered their cars 60mm with 17s on and it does not rub!!If u do find a way of it not rubbing please let me no!!!!thanx
Icy

20th Apr 03 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the shape of your tyres affect scrubbage too
some tyres r more squarer others r rounder which can tuck under the arches better (width side)
The-Power20

20th Apr 03 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had that problem icy, wide profile tyres didnt help neither
Drew
Banned

20th Apr 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lozza_d
i have 17inch 100+ phantoms n lowered 40mm mine does rub when i have more than 2 people in my car!!i have changed the struts to make it harder n works on the front as it does not rub too much but in the back it does rub when goin down uneven roads n stuff. It rubs with 1 person in the back too.i have tried alot of things to sort this problem out by gluin my old arches on with some adheasive to bring the arches out but it still rubbed!!i have red some of the things on this web site n sum people have lowered their cars 60mm with 17s on and it does not rub!!If u do find a way of it not rubbing please let me no!!!!thanx

i'll have same alloys soon, and mines lowered 60mm so i'll let ya know how it goes -
Lozza_d

26th May 03 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doea ya car rub now if u have lowered it 60mm n 17s? mine is a bit better now i have got new shocks but still rubs with a full car!!i really really want to drop it to 60mm but if it rubs 40mm on mine i think i will wait a bit n have my arches rolled or just wait to get a new car (hopefully soon) can u let me no how u have gone on with yours please!!thank!!
Rocky

26th May 03 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 17s yochas on mine low profile i hav no props also on 40mm drop no scrubs or anything dont know abt 4 peeps but with 2 no props and me bolts are still on back lol

New Poll