corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread 22/23 October 2011 - Sponsored by Midweek Club Friendlies

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend football thread 22/23 October 2011 - Sponsored by Midweek Club Friendlies
mwg

User status: Offline
24th Oct 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'll win the league and it'll all be forgotten.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Will you still support United should that happen?

strick206

24th Oct 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, read the thread now.

Personally i think we battered city in the first half, was all over them, and somehow let an easy one in.

I like Danny Welbeck, i really do, but for fuck sake you have Hernandez fit and ready to play, fucking start him, he is what we need to compliment rooney, welbeck isn't their yet (may never be).

I don't care if darren fletcher scored a 45 yard screamer with his bell end, he is fucking useless and shouldn't be in the team. He cost us, we needed better quality in midfield.

Jonny Evans, to credit him, has been playing well, i personally think he had a decent game until he was a muppet and got himself sent off. Rio on the other hand, maybe now i am willing to accept he is past it, and that Jones should have played, with smalling in the middle with him (although Smalling was very good at RB) and one of the twins RB.

Either way, at 4-1, what they thought they was doing still attacking i have no idea, just stupidity, the game was lost, look after the result.

Now onto City, David Silva is absolutely awesome, he ran the whole game and was just simply brilliant to watch, Balotelli is an amazingly gifted footballer just a complete loon. Then Aguero, Chelsea slipped up not signing him, world class.

City's squad is frightening, and they deserved the win yesterday, i still think United will win the league, but they are just a quality quality team with the strongest squad in the premiership.

But then again, that's what you get for spending over £400m and god knows how much in wages.

I now know what its like to be an Ipswich fan, if only for a week
strick206

24th Oct 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
The penalty was crazy, it was the smallest nudge yet this 12 stone man went down like a fucking fairy. Countless times you get shit loads of contact in the box, no way it was a penalty.

Do you know that Didier Drogba plays for Chelsea? The worst diver of all?

Oh you do!!!! Kindly STFU
Eck
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This will be the biggest test of Fergie's career. As Strick said, City's squad is ridiculous. The fruitloop is starting to play well, Aguero has waltzed into the Prem and is playing brilliantly, and I personally think that Edin Dzeko is fucking class. The joint top scorer last season isn't even needed
JonnyJ

24th Oct 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man City will do it this season. Manchini, tbf to him, has got to grips with the premiership and isnt playing defensive nonsense against shite teams.

Utd's defence just isnt good enough. Read a stat today that they have let teams have more shots against them in games than any other team in the league. Champions dont do that.

City also have the squad to rotate and bring in world class replacements. If they are even in with the slightest sniff of it in January, you know the money is there for even more reinforcements.

Silva/Aguero are the key for them this season, keep them both fit and they'll do it.
strick206

24th Oct 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Utd's defence just isnt good enough. Read a stat today that they have let teams have more shots against them in games than any other team in the league. Champions dont do that.

Yes our defence has been poor in quite a few games, doesn't help with your best defender injured all season, and then mixing with three youngsters, need stability, be it playing two youngsters and leaving them there to gel, or giving people a run in the team.

But also, to help that stat, people have been having random shots from everywhere and anywhere at de gea to test him all season, so the stat will be slightly misleading imo
Hammer

24th Oct 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still don't think City will win it and I also think they'll struggle to get out their Champions League group.

Man United need a centre mid in January and a world class one at that.
Marc

24th Oct 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I still don't think City will win it and I also think they'll struggle to get out their Champions League group.

Me either. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea found form like they did the other season.
JonnyJ

24th Oct 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

Yes our defence has been poor in quite a few games, doesn't help with your best defender injured all season, and then mixing with three youngsters, need stability, be it playing two youngsters and leaving them there to gel, or giving people a run in the team.

But also, to help that stat, people have been having random shots from everywhere and anywhere at de gea to test him all season, so the stat will be slightly misleading imo

Its got to be a little worrying that people see him as that bad its worth just popping shots off from all angles though. I dont think hes shit, but hes not great.

Its there for the taking for City, see how they get on when they inevitably have a few poor performances, if they can win when things arent going their way, its thiers
strick206

24th Oct 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Agreed, but i can't remember a signing we have done in January that has come off (ie, settled in and played well)

I think personally he needs to stop playing fletcher and carrick, and if he really wants to play welbeck, play rooney CM and put hernandez up top

strick206

24th Oct 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its got to be a little worrying that people see him as that bad its worth just popping shots off from all angles though. I dont think hes shit, but hes not great.

I fully agree, i think he is prone to too many mistakes, but can't fault he has pulled off some quality saves in recents games (before city).

He is improving, i still think we should give Lindegaard more games until de gea is fully settled.

Russ

24th Oct 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stopped reading when he slagged off fletcher.
Hammer

24th Oct 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be more inclined to slag Anderson who is shite AND doesn't try.

At least you get 1 of the 2 with Fletcher.
p

24th Oct 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
The penalty was crazy, it was the smallest nudge yet this 12 stone man went down like a fucking fairy. Countless times you get shit loads of contact in the box, no way it was a penalty.

Do you know that Didier Drogba plays for Chelsea? The worst diver of all?

Oh you do!!!! Kindly STFU

Worst diver of all? Gerrard? At least Drogba fucking admitted it and to be fair to Drogba, he's been no where near as bad as what he was, so give him some sort of credit for that.

Find it rather spurious consider your team contained Ronaldo for many years, and now you have Nani.
Ben G

24th Oct 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit just got serious.
p

24th Oct 11 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Me either. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea found form like they did the other season.

Certainly possible, but losing to QPR/Foy was a huge blow, considering we could of been two points behind top spot.
JonnyJ

24th Oct 11 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 points.

Chelsea wont win it. Aging squad, cant work out their best forward line and AVB is still learning the premiership, he wont win it in his first year.

6 points behind just 9 games in, having had only one challenging match against a title contender, which they lost.

3rd for them this year. They might do something in the CL though instead, if they can avoid Barca.

[Edited on 24-10-2011 by JonnyJ]
p

24th Oct 11 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
3 points.

Chelsea wont win it. Aging squad, cant work out their best forward line and AVB is still learning the premiership, he wont win it in his first year.

6 points behind just 9 games in, having had only one challenging match against a title contender, which they lost.

3rd for them this year. They might do something in the CL though instead, if they can avoid Barca.

[Edited on 24-10-2011 by JonnyJ]

The squad is gradually starting to get younger. He knows his best forward line, which is Torres Sturridge and Mata. The only reason he's changed it is due to suspensions and resting some players for certain games.

Not sure he really needs to learn the Premiership, he learnt a lot when he was here a few years ago, and he's a very clever chap, but I see what you mean.
Eck
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When Torres isn't suspended he will be the main striker. He's finding his form again and is looking fucking good.
Ben G

25th Oct 11 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, 1-0 west ham united.

Going to.blow bubbles all night long.
mwg

25th Oct 11 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Its there for the taking for City, see how they get on when they inevitably have a few poor performances, if they can win when things arent going their way, its thiers

Did you also notice the stat about him making the most saves of any keeper in the league as well?

We are only just coming in to November. Chelsea were running away with it around this time last season... or so everyone thought. I think we'll win the league still, Fergie is the master at making things work.

Time to batten down the hatches for a bit and tell everyone to GTF that thinks one game in October decides the league.

[Edited on 25-10-2011 by mwg]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 11 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fergie will sign Ian Rush in January IMO
mwg

25th Oct 11 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

2 centre mids. 1 hard tackling defensive no frills and a creative attacking world class one.

That's the only area we have problems with. Midfield goes missing then the opposition are getting to run at the defence more than in the past cos there's no one there to protect them.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 11 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also we seemed to have stopped using our wings which was one of our main strengths!

<<  8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread 22/23 October 2011 - Sponsored by Midweek Club Friendlies 23 database queries in 0.2104020 seconds