corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone entered a sound off?? Where are your front speakers positioned.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone entered a sound off?? Where are your front speakers positioned.
Claire Richardson

User status: Offline
17th Apr 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure you'll have seen my home built door pods and where my speakers are. Well it looks like I have to do a bit of redesigning cause the speakers are too low.
When I'm sat in my car, my leg is right in front of the mid and the sub and it muffles the sound.
Been told by RAM that the mid should be higher up (just under the door handle). The sub is OK where it is.
Said that if I ever entered it in a Sound Off, I wouldnt get very far cause the sound stage is wrong.
I'm in the middle of making the alteration and can see that it will be more audible higher up.
Just wondered if anyone on here new of it, catered for it, has them higher up, or has been in a sound off.

Claire
SteveW

17th Apr 03 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It really depends on how professional you want to go. Most people wont care/worry about where the components are fitted. Although i heard that your tweeter should be down in the kickwell. (for best results) If you are just in an amature class then i wouldn't worry. BUT if you are planning to go for the Pro league then yeah re-do them.

Steve.

Also check out

www.caraudiodirect.com

their forum is great. All they guys on there enter sound offs. Give them a shout.
TOMAS

17th Apr 03 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if youre leg is in the way when youre seat is right back then youre gonna loose points. Really the mids could do with being a little higher in such a narrow car, this will 'lift' the stage and brighten the detail no end. It could also give you more width. Its widely recomended to keep the tweeter within 6" of the mid-driver but if you are using metal tweeters as opposed to silk or 'softies' then they tend to work much better off-axis and at greater distances. Youre subs can be mounted anywhere upfront and as most notes below 80Hz cannot be localised to a position then angle is not vitally important. One of the ONLY reasons you know that the BIG subs are behind you is 99% pannel rattle and vibration of parts...that all. What size are youre front subs? Personally i wouldnt use them as subs, more as Midbass drivers as such small drivers cannot properly play right down to the lower notes. It would be VERY benifitial in youre case to invest some serious cash in a good quality set of varible crossovers for the fronts, this will allow you to tweak the feck out of them and get them sounding REAL nice by stopping them over-lapping by hopefully band-passing them. One last little tip is always try to keep speakers distances the same if at all possible, being as we sit in the right handside then this would usually mean a non-symetrical setup throughout the car! sorry if ive gone on and on but I like to try and help people get the most from their systems. Believe- ive heard £300 systems sound BETTER than £3000 systems. Its 99% down to INSTALL
SteveW

18th Apr 03 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WOW, check you out mate. I knew you knew your stuff. BUT WOW.

Steve
Munchie

18th Apr 03 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant be arsed reading wat thomas wrote....no paragraphs or anything. did u fail English GCSE?
corb

18th Apr 03 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont use components in sound offs, all out bass for me
Claire Richardson

18th Apr 03 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow from me aswell Snowy
Very helpful indeed Tomas. The components are the new Rockford Fanatic Q (the silver ones with the funny shaped crossover) and the sub is 8" Rockford (weighs a ton!!) The tweeter is gonna be where the standard one was cause it'll quite near the mid there.
Hoping for a big difference when its done by Monday. Will let ya know
Ta again chucks

Claire
TOMAS

18th Apr 03 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL just scraped through with a C LOL. Sorry i do forget about paragraphs, sounds silly but since i left college and started my current job, ive hardly wrote anything !! Text messaging has also screwed me over aswell.
I know lots about BMX riding, Mechanical Engineering, Cars and I.C.E! Thinking of going back to college to do a course on Sound Production or whatever it would be called? Maybe I should do some more English first lol

If you ever want some advice regarding any of the above U2U me and providing i have time i'll reply.

Corb is a true SPL contender, or a one note wonder if you like Me - i like my SQ with a little bit of noise once in a while.

LOL and Munchie for you info it wont go black and you wont get a black ring

[Edited on 18-04-2003 by TOMAS]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone entered a sound off?? Where are your front speakers positioned. 22 database queries in 0.0113940 seconds