corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » West Ham Olympic stadium bid

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author West Ham Olympic stadium bid
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
11th Oct 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has collapsed:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11102011/58/championship-west-ham-olympic-stadium-deal-collapses.html
Cavey

11th Oct 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

changes nothing. In fact it'll be far better financially for them when they win it again. and no-one will be able to bitch about it next time
Robbo

11th Oct 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking yid scum kickign up a pointless fuss complete farce really. WHU will be better off financially although the track will have to stay now as presumably the OPLC wont foot the bill for the retractable seatign as WHU were going to but this whole athletics legacy is a joke! they will not fill a 60,000 seater styadioum for an athletics event again in future and even if they do, for what one or two days in a year every 5 years etc - absolute madness
Nath

11th Oct 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bored of this.
Cavey

11th Oct 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they can't put seating on the track then they definitely shouldn't go for it. I've been under the impression all along that removable seating would be put in on match days.

Supposedly they've got permission to extend the east stand at the Boleyn ground, and move the pitch, so it'll be closer to the stands and give 44,000 capacity. Supposedly.... but I guess they can't afford that.
Marc

11th Oct 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Bored of this.

Agreed, they should just sue them, drop them down a division and strip them of their best players.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be a shit football stadium anyway
Robbo

11th Oct 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
If they can't put seating on the track then they definitely shouldn't go for it. I've been under the impression all along that removable seating would be put in on match days.

Supposedly they've got permission to extend the east stand at the Boleyn ground, and move the pitch, so it'll be closer to the stands and give 44,000 capacity. Supposedly.... but I guess they can't afford that.
well as i understood it, WHU were goign to pay for the seats as part of their personal renovation of the stadium but if they are just renting it from the people who built/own it then you have to assume that as they were daft enough not to put it in first time round that they arent going to do so now

nath - agreed. why oh why was the legacy of the stadium not decided before the bid was made (or at leats immediately after the victory - ie not 10 months before the games!)
Jake

11th Oct 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
fucking yid scum kickign up a pointless fuss

dont think its got anything to do with spurs. they want the stadium for commonwealth imo
JonnyJ

11th Oct 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Fucking hell Steve, i agree

If i was a WHU fan I'd be delighted, fuck watching football from 20 miles away, all stadiums with a running track are awful. Looks shit anyway. Why cant we build decent stadiums in this country?!
K2 GTi

12th Oct 11 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should stay at Upton Park, great ground for a great atmosphere. None of this new stadium bullshit. I'd be glad if I was a WHU fan that they're going to be staying.
chrisritch

12th Oct 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do WHU need a 44,000-60,000 seater stadium?
Aaron

12th Oct 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

If i was a WHU fan I'd be delighted, fuck watching football from 20 miles away, all stadiums with a running track are awful. Looks shit anyway. Why cant we build decent stadiums in this country?!

KC Stadium
Nath

12th Oct 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

KC Stadium

Exactly, why cant we build decent stadiums in this country?!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » West Ham Olympic stadium bid 23 database queries in 0.0164161 seconds