corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Losing Fat But Building Muscle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Losing Fat But Building Muscle
p

User status: Offline
16th Sep 11 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any tips and pointers? At the moment I'm only doing 2/3 sessions a week, around an hour of weights, then cardio for 30/45 minutes after each weight session. No protein shakes at the moment as I've run out. I was using USN pure protein, but I haven't had any for a couple of months. Still got a bit of fat around the stomach that obviously I want shifting with cardio... But should I stick with using protein, and get some more?

Any advice?
Craig W

17th Sep 11 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should aim to get the majority of your protein from whole foods anyway, but supplementing your diet with protein powder is always going to be beneficial. You've got the right idea doing your cardio after your weights, i do the same, with good results.
Keep your protein high, carbs low/timed, moderate fats and high water intake.
Not sure what your routine looks like but maybe look to moving onto a 4 day split to get an extra day in.

[Edited on 17-09-2011 by Craig W]

[Edited on 17-09-2011 by Craig W]
p

17th Sep 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok, cool. My diet is pretty good, not too bad for what I'm trying to do. What kinda protein are you using? I assume it is ok to take a protein supplement when losing fat and building muscle, just make sure the supplement doesn't have a lot of fat content in it?
Craig W

17th Sep 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry too much about fats, healthy fats will assist you in your weight loss. Protein powders will definately be beneficial, although they aren't essential. If you're getting good quality protein from whole foods you're on the right track. Protein supplements are just that - a supplement. Every little helps...
Personally, im taking Bodybuilding Warehouse Premium whey at present. Great value and taste. Loads of decent brands on the market... CNP, Reflex, PHD etc...
Dan
Premium Member

17th Sep 11 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PHD pharma whey in toffee lush stuff!

BTW, ignore craig he has no clue about training, he is the size of jedward! Dizzy is the man to ask!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
p

21st Sep 11 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one else on here available to offer some advice? I thought a lot of you in here go to the gym on a regular basis?
scoob
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

train hard, eat like fuck

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Losing Fat But Building Muscle 24 database queries in 0.0125999 seconds