corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ABS module repair - possible?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ABS module repair - possible?
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Sep 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been really busy lately so I haven't had a chance to check the ABS sensors for the ABS + handbrake light coming on randomly when driving the cat, it's going into Ford's today to have a proper diagnosis but if they come back to me and say "you need a new ABS module/pump" (which going by some recently Google searches costs about £1k) is there any places in the UK that can simply repair them?

There's some place in America that does this for about $100, as far as I can see ABS modules seem to suffer dry solder joints etc. in hot engine bays over time. so it seems silly to spend shitloads of money on a new module when I could just pay someone to resolder/reball it all properly.

I know a place that offers this service for computer motherboards/games consoles and that, but not sure if they work on car electronics too...
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an ABS pump for sale wonder if its same as the puma pics of it in my project thread
Brett
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick it in the oven
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it looks like that then you can buy it off me, if you have a part number for yours i can check
Sam
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a call from Ford...

They said they can't communicate with the ABS module so they reckon (after checking all the wiring/sensors/relays) that it's the module that's goosed.

If I want them to replace it, they charge £1800 + VAT just for the part

I found this place online - http://www.ecutesting.com/abs_pumps_modules.html - just phoned them and they said they can repair mine for about £250 tops (I have to get the part number off it to get an exact price) - much happier with that price!

Steve I can't tell as it's squashed in between a V6 engine, won't be able to tell until I get someone to remove it off the car for me.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il check the part number tonight and see if its the same, if it is you can have it for 50+postage
Sam
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't you need my part number?
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can find out your part number from the system at home
John

15th Sep 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or ask Ford.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ABS module repair - possible? 22 database queries in 0.0092540 seconds