corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » smokey xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smokey xe
b63_xe

User status: Offline
   11th Sep 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just reset the ecu on my corsa xe,let it warm up and find its idle took it for a "spirited" drive then its started smoking bluey grey smoke but only over like 4500rpm?? oil seals gone or any other ideas lads much appreciated and ideas of price i should be paying to have these done if that is the problem?
b63_xe

11th Sep 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm but have jus read a thread via google and i took a big corner so maybe oil has gone down the breather??http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?123310-Courtenay-Sport-Cam-Breather-Mod-on-the-C20xe-and-C20Let-engines.
Corsa_Sport21

11th Sep 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it for another drive and see if it clears.

They are bad for oil surge.Have you done the cam cover breather mod??
johnhara1

11th Sep 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted a catch tank to cure my xe of this, it still did it even with the modified rocker cover.
Rich H

11th Sep 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oil surge is an absolute bugger on these - lets out a huge cloud of blue smoke, then tends to be fine after that. Scared the shite out of me the first time it did it

Just got embarrassing after that - overtake something, go round a corner and explode into a cloud of smoke!
b63_xe

11th Sep 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent done the breather mod to be honest! not to technically gifted nor is my selection of tools lol! just been for another drive and its cleared though which is a bonus! where can i buy an oil catch tank from?? and i was looking to get a oil cooler for when i track it next year any links or any for sale ?? thanks for replys aswell guys
--ToM--

11th Sep 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAVALIER-SRI-GSI-CALIBRA-2-0-16V-TURBO-OIL-COOLER-KIT-/120765911886?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1e35934e
--ToM--

11th Sep 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Round-Oil-Catch-Tank-9mm-15mm-Silver-/140410157697?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b118fa81
b63_xe

11th Sep 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks tom top bloke!
johnhara1

11th Sep 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the catch tank I had on mine. Get a little filter to stick on the 2nd outlet on the tank so it can breathe, then stick a bung in the hole left on the throttle body.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » smokey xe 22 database queries in 0.0092621 seconds