corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c 1.8 sri

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c 1.8 sri
ash_gsi

User status: Offline
6th Sep 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at possibly buying a c 1.8 sri or a fiesta st as its time to downgrade from my golf gti turbo as im saving for a house and the golf does around 21mpg around town. Any thoughts on which is a better buy? as a daily driver. things like mpg, comfort, pros and cons of either.
any help greatfull, thanks
Matty SRi

6th Sep 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this is a corsa forum.... so everyone will say get a fiesta!
Norcy91

6th Sep 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the 1.8 SRi is cheaper to run fuel wise and also cheaper to buy in the first place.
I've got a Mk6 Zetec S Fiesta (i know it can't really be compared) but the seats are practically the same, very comfy! Also handles like it's on rails, something i imagine the Corsa can't quite match
AlunJ

6th Sep 11 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daveskater has one, says he gets 35mpg iirc personally i'd rather the corsa, st would be quicker though I should imagine.
AndyCorsaSport

6th Sep 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a tough one to be honest. C SRi are nice cars etc, about the same speed as a Fiesta ST, but the Fiesta's interior is so much nicer. Seats are so comfy its un true.

Also ST's can be a lot newer.

Have you thought about a Fiesta Zetec S? Even cheaper than an ST with the same looks? Or even the Zetec S TDCi, £35 a year road tax then.
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Sep 11 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sri will be cheaper to run. looks nice and is nice to drive.

ST will handle better out the box and be a bit more of a drivers car. Pritty pooh on fuel though

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
AshWatson

6th Sep 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never owned either i own an SRi 1.7 CDTi C, but ive driven both cars in discussion,

not saying this because i own a C but id go for the SRi 1.8, ST is suprisngly slow youd expect alot more but is a good handling drivers car as said with reallllll comfy seats lol
if i was you get the SRi, about same speed as ST, better on fuel saving money for your house, handles well enough, will be cheaper to buy an SRi saving money for your house etc

although as said if going out of the 2 cars you mentioned a Zetec S TDCi is maybe a good shout ? although dearer than SRi and you want to save money lol
ash_gsi

6th Sep 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tdci is a no go can't stand driving diesels both will fell slow to me at first but I'm not overlly bothered about that. I just want something semi quick don't want a xe because I've had several b's and want somthing abit newer before anyone suggests it. Lol is there much differance in interior size or boot space? What are the seats like in the sri's?
AndyCorsaSport

6th Sep 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you REALLY wanted to save properly for a house, you'd just sell up, buy a £300 shitter and cope with it, can always have a decent car again one day.
AndyCorsaSport

6th Sep 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_gsi
Tdci is a no go can't stand driving diesels both will fell slow to me at first but I'm not overlly bothered about that. I just want something semi quick don't want a xe because I've had several b's and want somthing abit newer before anyone suggests it. Lol is there much differance in interior size or boot space? What are the seats like in the sri's?

Seats in the SRi's are pretty shit, i had SXi+ half leather in mine, nice to look at, but hardly any side bolsters to hold you. As standard SRi's came with cloth seats, where as ST's come with half leather. Go sit in an ST, the seats are ace.
Ben G

6th Sep 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i sold my focus st and bought a shitty puma to buy a house, no way would i have thought about buying a fiesta st at the time

they do between 28-30mpg around town they are quite thirsty.

nice cars though, would have one over the 1.8 sri.
LeeM

6th Sep 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The seats in my Sri are very comfy, much better than the half leather sxi+
I thought the whole dash/centre console in the fiestas looked like a van, very shiny tacky plastic
Ben G

6th Sep 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone must have put some dash shine shit on it because the hard plastic is actually matt.

but yes, i noticed the same centre console is found in new transits
Sunz

7th Sep 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Archie on the site, his girlfriend has a nice sri for sale
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Sep 11 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Round town being sensible then mid-30's MPG is possible in the Corsa - will do 40+ on motorway.

I personally prefer the Corsa dash but that's personal preference.

You can always drive both of them and see what you prefer.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
sc0ott

7th Sep 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considered the clio 182?
ash_gsi

7th Sep 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a 172 and dispised the thing. Great to drive but horrid to live with. And foverver spending money on fixing it.
corsarooney
Premium Member

7th Sep 11 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would rather have the C if im honest. A good friend has the ST and although its pretty to look at and is quite nice to drive im not a huge fan.

Its not much faster than my 1.6 sport, and if your any wider than a pencil those seats arnt very comfy.

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c 1.8 sri 23 database queries in 0.0172501 seconds