corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance/Road Tax Conundrum

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance/Road Tax Conundrum
Hammer

User status: Offline
1st Sep 11 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See if anyone else can suggest something because it's starting to do my nut in

I've bought a car from a Vauxhall dealer, it's just been serviced and MOT'd and is ready for me to pick up tomorrow apart from 1 problem....it isn't taxed yet.

I have been insured on the car since yesterday but the insurers will not, under any circumstance fax or e-mail the policy across. Therefore they cannot go to the Post Office and get the road tax. They've tried to get me on the 5 day insurance and it's been declined due to it being group 19 or 20 (can't remember).

Anyone any suggestions? Already raged at the insurance company which got me nowhere and also asked if i could pick it up from one of their offices...they don't have 1 in Scotland.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tax it online and drive it anyway...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Hammer

1st Sep 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dealership is paying for it.
Eck
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tax it, print out the receipt and ask for a refund from the dealership?

What a bellend of an insurance company though

Kind of car btw?
makincorsac

1st Sep 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the dealership to deal with it why should you tear your hair out because they have left everything till last minute,, what about traders plates until u get ur docs
Hammer

1st Sep 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm contemplating that Eck but I'm sticking a fair few K down on it and don't fancy spending much more

I was thinking why can't they just tax it with their own traders insurance? It isn't my car yet, I've stuck £100 to hold it and that's it.
Eck
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should be able to tax it then if the V5 is still under the traders name? They're at it. Go in with a petrol bomb lit and demand answers.
John

1st Sep 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arnold Clark 7 day insurance?

Bampots didn't offer it to me the last time but I think they have to give you it.

Just don't tell them it's already insured elsewhere.

Just seen you've already said that

Also, they are bampots with the v5 as well, could very well have been in your name for days.

[Edited on 01-09-2011 by John]
Hammer

1st Sep 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if the cunt is at the wind up or not. They declined the short insurance and he's told me it's illegal for him to tax it online with my policy number.

I'm having visions of going in and grabbing the guy by the throat and choking him til he sorts it out, that's a fortnight now
John

1st Sep 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've fucked up about my last 5 cars from them.

Ibiza had a deposit on it from somebody else, they changed the keeper, never paid for it so it had an extra owner on it
Hammer

1st Sep 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The salesman gets a sale then they couldn't give a flying fuck it seems.

Kevin just got his private plate on yesterday because the sales guy 'had forgot all about it and left it in his tray'.
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask the dealer if they do Norwich Union Dive Away quotes Gives you two days free insurance and they email the cover note straight to the dealer. I've taxed loads of cars this way and it saves lots of messing around

[Edited on 01-09-2011 by shaunmods]
Eck
Premium Member

1st Sep 11 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously, walk up to the door with a purpose, boot it in and steam straight up to the guy dealing with it, get right up close and demand he sorts it whilst spraying him with slavers. If that doesn't work then nothing will
Hammer

1st Sep 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Ask the dealer if they do Norwich Union Dive Away quotes Gives you two days free insurance and they email the cover note straight to the dealer. I've taxed loads of cars this way and it saves lots of messing around

Like the sound of this, take it you just cancel straight away?
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Seriously, walk up to the door with a purpose, boot it in and steam straight up to the guy dealing with it, get right up close and demand he sorts it whilst spraying him with slavers. If that doesn't work then nothing will
I'm surprised your hunting knife wasn't mentioned in this.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Sep 11 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods

Like the sound of this, take it you just cancel straight away?

You have to go through the whole process of getting a normal quote. Then they will just ask you if you want the full policy or just the drive away cover. It self expires so no need to cancel

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance/Road Tax Conundrum 23 database queries in 0.0127659 seconds