corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » C16XE or X16XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE or X16XE
Liam-Wilko

User status: Offline
19th Jul 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been doing some serios thinking about witch engine to use in replasment of my little 1lt i have heard a romer a long time ago that the C16XE corsa GSI engine is roumer to have 150bhp as standard on the first corsa gsis and that the corsa gsi was recaled to be restricted to 109bhp for insurance resons how far this is true dose anyone know at all as aparently u just de restrict them and u got 150 bhp to ya foot and witch engine is better for tuneing the C16XE or the X16XE and witch is stronger
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Jul 11 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were never produced with any more than 109bhp.

The higher figures are based on development of the engine before it was in production.
Linch

19th Jul 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the sounds of it you have been told some utter bull shit, the GSI Never was produced with 150bhp

The C16XE, was developed by Lotus.

They delivered it to Vauxhall with 150bhp. The suits at Vauxhall decided they couldn't have a 1.6 overshadowing the bigger 1.8 and 2.0 litre engines. Therefore it was strangled down to 109bhp by fitting the complicated inlet manifold, Milder cams, and they adjusted a few other things including the very aggressive map on the ecu.

If you were to have a healthy C16XE you could get in the region of 140+bhp with a proper inlet, cams and exhaust manifold and a map. The engines are Very tunable! I had 180bhp out of mine with tb's on a standard bottom end.

Lots of info here
Liam-Wilko

19th Jul 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's mint so is it better to go for th c16 rather than the x16 as I had an x16 before but ran it on a 1400 ecu and was rapid as I'm open to ideas like as I don't want to go higher as I had an x20xe and did not like hit to meny problems
Linch

19th Jul 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The x16 is fine too, my 180bhp one was a x16 bottom end.

So if I was you, get inlet and a good exhaust, proper one not bits of pipe ect. And a set of 264 cams and a map and you will have what lotus intended.
Jed D

19th Jul 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Linch was the bottom end totally standard on yours? had you rebuilt it or anything?
daveybee

19th Jul 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had a x16 on debilis management, inlet, cams, pulleys, nortech exhaust sytem, rebored to a 1.75 and it was a naughty little thing, but had to have a rebuild every other week as it kept destroying rings,

you can actually get a 130bhp standard x16.
was produced in south africa in a corsa b till 2006
over there the gsi is fairly standard (doesnt come with a "gsi bumper") and is only a 1.3, the sport comes with the x16xe @ 130bhp, leather interior with sport embroided into the head rest and a gsi bumper, all as standard.
SERIOUSLY
daveybee

19th Jul 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ment until 2008 lol
Liam-Wilko

20th Jul 11 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats mad i just want somthing abit faster than my 1lt and realy enjoyed my sport im only looking for power enuf to keep up with a civic vti witch TBH isnt that quick lol i think it is time to start priceing up some stuff who can do the engine change and loom change and how much and how long would it take as im not shure if i can be botherd to do it my self and mite wanna pay some one to do it for me anyone els got any other ideas for example how would i not need to keep rebuilding my engine if i got serious power out put e.g what davey bee was on about with his mates eating rings
SEAN_P_

20th Jul 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just by a c20xe
Liam-Wilko

20th Jul 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao na im alrite i want a small block with canny power i wint have another 2lt corsa like id rather turbo or supercharge a 1600 lump

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » C16XE or X16XE 23 database queries in 0.0100720 seconds