corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Cavalier 4x4 turbo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cavalier 4x4 turbo
sri boy

User status: Offline
   18th Jul 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any one owned one what's ure opinion on them are they good for towing and anything to look out for
corsa-vxr

18th Jul 11 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the calibra turbo more or less the same thing there fine for towing most probably qont have the 4wheel drive workin personally i like the cavys and would own one as for the calibra it was shit lol
sri boy

18th Jul 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a calibra 4x4 turbo only thing a never liked was it was a calibra other than that was fun for the 3 days a had it as a doner
connollygt30

19th Jul 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On sunday i saw the cleanest one i have ever saw in my life at the show,it was inside,grey one,stunning
CorbyMotorsport

19th Jul 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love 4x4 Cavs. If you found a good one for sale, go drive it before you buy - you'll soon know whether you like it or not. Dont be afraid to give it som and drive it ffor 20 minutes - if the seller aint happy with that remember - he aint driving it LOL.

I did tow with mine once - Nova stock car and trailer, the turbos only low pressure so not too peaky, it was okay. I tow with a 4.0 Jeep now - much better. Depending upon what your towing the cav may not have the weight rating for much weight (like trailer and car), might even be breaking the law these days - they are clamping down!!

Hope this helps, if not, I'll call upon the administrators to delete the post on the grounds of waffle "LOL"!
sri boy

19th Jul 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers bud no just looking into buying one for the winter as Corsa will b coming of road to fit Vxr so will b trailering Corsa to a few places to get exhaust made and some mappin And that
alan-g-w

19th Jul 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the propshaft removed and go driftin mate lol
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Jul 11 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorbyMotorsport
might even be breaking the law these days - they are clamping down
The law hasn't changed, you must be licensed to do it and the weights must be within the capability of the vehicle.

Cav isn't particularly highly rated, 1150kg or thereabouts depending on model, which you'll struggle to carry a car with.

Even with a light trailer, 400kg ish, that only gives you 750kg of car, which is a very light Corsa indeed.

Then there's the licensing issue, guessing you don't have +E based on the date of birth, which means the entire combination must remain below 3500kg. The car must also be heavier than the trailer.

I wouldn't imagine it's a great choice.

[Edited on 19-07-2011 by Ian]
Dave McB

21st Jul 11 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

owned a calibra (same thing)

4x4 fragile and not the greatest. If u were towing or drifting in it, its not gonna last long.

Imagine it handling like a heavy cavalier.

If u do get one, if it was a decent one, id seriously consider takin it off u after the winter.

Not the greatest car ever, but i like the shape of them

Iv got tons of info on them, so if u wanna know anythin u know where i am
davieslim

22nd Jul 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we used to use a vectra b with a c20let conversion for towing the trailor to crail and knockhill, ran it both with a f20 and with a f28 with no issues ever, and that was modified with bigger turbo, injectors, phase 3 and never missed a beat in all the time we used it, also was out in a cavalier turbo with locked transfer box on tuesday and for a car built in 1992 i was amazed at just how smooth it was and the ammount of power on tap when the mood arised
sri boy

22nd Jul 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just on the look for a good example roughly will have 3.5k obviously cash will depend on condition Davie was talking to big stew and he said am prob better Savin a bit more n buying a saff cossie one things for sure it will b turbo 4wd this winter
Corsa_Sport21

23rd Jul 11 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nissan Pulsar Gti-R.
sri boy

23rd Jul 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Nissan Pulsar Gti-R.

Not a fan of them bud great engines pish gearbox and a ugly car in general
connollygt30

23rd Jul 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Struggling to get a decent sapphire for under 6k these days mate
sri boy

23rd Jul 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ano Michael looking more like a cavi bud But see what's kicking about closer to the time
Jonny.K

5th Sep 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thts wht im wantin next as a second car jus for shows etc but really wantin a pulsar gti-r aswell

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Cavalier 4x4 turbo 23 database queries in 0.0122299 seconds