corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2007 Audi A4 Sline 2.0tdi common problems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Audi A4 Sline 2.0tdi common problems?
Rob B

User status: Offline
16th Jul 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at getting one of these as an estate would be useful.

Anyone know of any common problems with the 1.9 or 2.0 tdis and which is the best to go for?

This shape

cheers
Ben J

16th Jul 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 2010 is bloody fantastic. It's got the 2.0 TDI 147bhp in it. Not had any issues at all so far.
mwg

16th Jul 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head gasket seems to be a common one on the 2.0. I'd still get that out of the 2 though.

1.9 is very noisey and very slow. Think they are only 5 speed too.
adiohead

16th Jul 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dpf is meant to be gay
mwg

16th Jul 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only the 2.0 170 that has a DPF. The 2.0 140 doesn't. Didn't have any problems with the DPF on mine.
Col004

16th Jul 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking for the best part of 6 months and finally went for the 1.9. It's a far more reliable motor. Go on audi sport and read about the balance shaft issue in the oil pump on the 2.0 and it will scare you mate

[Edited on 16-07-2011 by Col004]
Mattb

16th Jul 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Head gasket seems to be a common one on the 2.0. I'd still get that out of the 2 though.

1.9 is very noisey and very slow. Think they are only 5 speed too.

in the rougly 7 years that the 2.0 TDI engine has been around i have replaced and seen replaced 0 headgaskets..

More common however are:

Oil pressure problems (tends more to be earlier engines 55 plates etc) normally caused by the keyway for the oil pump drive wearing badly - requires a new balance shaft assy to fix
Turbo failure
Cylinder heads on 2 fronts - ovaling of the injector holes causing oil and fuel to mix and rough running
and cylinder heads becoming porus and leaking coolant into the combustion chambers
Flywheels dont seem to be that much of an issue anymore

All in all that are actually alright - the suspension arm bushes and ball joints seem to last longer that the previous models as do the C.V boots.

Go for the 2.0 but i would advise a decent extended warranty (but do read the small print on it - many dont cover turbos)

[Edited on 16-07-2011 by Mattb]
Mattb

16th Jul 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
dpf is meant to be gay

only real issues these days are the differential pressure sensor for the DPF packing up and giving dodgy readings - the engine software on the regen front has been greatly improved since the introduction of DPF's meaning that the regenerations tend to go more smoothly
Dave

16th Jul 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
I was looking for the best part of 6 months and finally went for the 1.9. It's a far more reliable motor. Go on audi sport and read about the balance shaft issue in the oil pump on the 2.0 and it will scare you mate

That was on a relatively small amount of engines built in 2005, agreed it's pretty horrific if it goes wrong but I think they've changed the design since then.
Col004

16th Jul 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I weren't prepared to chance it mate. Reliability is key for me, not speed. I've got the corsa for that mate
allza

16th Jul 11 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also injectors failing that cost £500 each. Still I'd rather have the 2.0 tdi.
Mattb

16th Jul 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
quote:
Originally posted by Col004

That was on a relatively small amount of engines built in 2005, agreed it's pretty horrific if it goes wrong but I think they've changed the design since then.

That was chain driven pumps - the guide rails were sods for snapping and the chain going slack wearing the sprocket.. The balance shaft issue is on the later gear driven design - the keyway wears..
Rob B

16th Jul 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's some scary stuff, I've got a 2.2cdti Accord now and it's flawless but the estates look vile!
Fad

16th Jul 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Injectors, injector seals, tandem pumps all can cause lumpy idle, EGR coolers can fail too which is ££££

In all fairnes I had a Few of the problems above and a knackered turbo but using common sense I fixed it all for reasonable money.

It's all pot luck buy on condition and history and aim sure you'll be fine, remember they are popular for a reason. Mine was lovely to drive and so was my bros a4 avant
Ben J

17th Jul 11 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warrenty FTW.
mwg

17th Jul 11 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
in the rougly 7 years that the 2.0 TDI engine has been around i have replaced and seen replaced 0 headgaskets..

My Dads Golf had the headgasket done at 8,000 miles, it was constant trouble that car It was an early MK5 05 reg so the problems were probably sorted out on later engines.

[Edited on 17-07-2011 by mwg]
s4k1b

17th Jul 11 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.0 tdis are trouble.
richc

17th Jul 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Mattb

My Dads Golf had the headgasket done at 8,000 miles, it was constant trouble that car It was an early MK5 05 reg so the problems were probably sorted out on later engines.

[Edited on 17-07-2011 by mwg]

My mates 2003 audi a3 2.0 tdi (ex audi demo car) was fucking shit. Loads of problems. Cracked heads, randomly cutting out and so on. It had coverd 120,000 miles.

Our works passat 55 plate was solid though, and died at 252,000 miles due to oil pump giving up.

Swings and roundabouts.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2007 Audi A4 Sline 2.0tdi common problems? 22 database queries in 0.0132930 seconds