corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House sale bollocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House sale bollocks
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jul 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you may have gathered from previous posts we are in the process of buying a house.

We are due to complete middle of next week but our solicitor is still awaiting some documents from the vendor's solicitors since the end of June (Countrywide in Manchester, so nice and local NOT) and apparently they've been chasing them on a daily basis now.

The estate agents are also fucking useless and the people we are buying the house off are separated/divorced (she lives in the house with her daughter and daughter's boyfriend). We've got the woman's phone number as the estate agent gave us their number a while back to arrange viewings but the estate agents have now said to us not to contact the woman and that they will "deal" with it (re. chasing up Countrywide).

Has anyone else had these sort of problems when they bought a house?

Running out of ideas on what to do to sort this out, we've already given our notice on our current rental house and need to be out by the end of this month!
John

16th Jul 11 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them you are pulling out if its not completed by a certain date and be prepared to follow through.
AndyKent

16th Jul 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, took 4 weeks for the opposite solicitors to supply a single piece of information. I chased and chased but no real movement - I only got any progress when I said I was pulling out at the end of the week (2 days notice) if they didn't sort it out.

End of that same week purchase completed
Carl

16th Jul 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are all a ballache, ours was from nationwide wanting reports because it is a coal mining area etc,then when they got faxed through there was a 48 hour delay to ACKNOWLEDGE the fax, before then going into a pile to be dealt with! Personally it is best to keep phoning them, we went through a broker who was also hassling them as well as I was and also my girlfriend. Ours was a repo though so you can get gazumped until exchange so everyday longer was a worry. In the end they ended up fast traking it when I got through to them the urgency and the fact they were probably sick of us ringing!
Sam
Premium Member

16th Jul 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did consider the pulling out threat - I think we'll keep this as our last resort card to use in case it's needed.

Just get the feeling that no-one seems to be treating this with any sense of urgency given the impending completion date and our need to be out of here soonish.

Fucking twats the lot of them and there was me thinking getting a mortgage/having surveys done was going to be stressful, makes all this look like a walk in the park!
Ben G

16th Jul 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same happened to me, had to wait 2 months for a piece of paper.

in the end the chasing up worked and i was in within 2 weeks.
Sam
Premium Member

16th Jul 11 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's been nearly a month now since our solicitors requested the information.

He (our solicitor) said if he's not received anything on Monday he'll have to make a decision about it and advise us on the best course of action.

I think from memory he's waiting for some paperwork to do with water pipes crossing the rear garden (local water board plans don't correspond to the physical location of the house ) and also some less important things like warranty/guarantee info on double glazing/electrics etc. etc.
Rob_Quads

17th Jul 11 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like usual behaviour for an estate agent.

I would completely ignore the advice of not ringing them and speak to them and ask them if they have sent back the information.

A friend was in a similar situation and was being told this and that about the seller ignoring all calls, not sending the required info.
Luckly he knew she was a nurse at a local hospital so just rang it up and asked to speak to her. She was not aware of any requests and had not spoken to the solicitors for a while and presumed it was all being sorted. The next day she sent off the required info and it all moved on. It was ALL the solicitors messing around

You can always make that threat that with the reported drop in house prices if you don't complete in 7 days you will have to drop your offer accordingly (but then you are also likely to get them to say get stuffed)
Russ

17th Jul 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has the same problem but with out solicitors not the other parties. constant phonecalls, case was handed to a "team" and wasted a lot of time and effort to get them to do their jpb
Sam
Premium Member

17th Jul 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our solicitor has been pretty much on the ball TBH. Going to give him a call just before lunchtime on Monday to see how we proceed from here (as he will have no doubt not received anything from Crappywide).

[Edited on 17-07-2011 by Sam]
jrsteeve

17th Jul 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Countrywide property lawyers (CPL) or Bridgfords Countrywide? Either way there are insurance policies available to help out in a situation where information is needed but isn't forthcoming, ask your solicitor. Sadly with 'lawyers' they simply don't pick up a phone or email each other, communication is always via post, so they're all a bunch of wankers.
Sam
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, I'll ask him when I phone him later.

It's these lot that the vendor is using - https://www.cwpl.co.uk/

[Edited on 18-07-2011 by Sam]
SXIBLK

18th Jul 11 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my solicitor needed a weeks extension when we were buying which just fucks everything up when you give the notice where you currently are
Sam
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update - spoke to our solicitor earlier, he says that apparently Countrywide will be sending him the documents requested by email or fax this afternoon.

Not going to hold my breath TBH...
Sam
Premium Member

19th Jul 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am going to go to CW's headquarters in Manchester and exterminate them all.

That is all.
jrsteeve

19th Jul 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's behind Mcdonalds on Oxford Road. They've always been shit, I used to work for Bridgfords Countrywide, part of the same ball sack.
Sam
Premium Member

19th Jul 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you may have read in PL I will probably have to drive up there tomorrow or Thursday thanks to their crap communications and the fact the person selling the house is a complete mong (even the estate agent said "no disrespect to her but she doesn't seem very intelligent")

[Edited on 19-07-2011 by Sam]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Jul 11 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted?

CPL are fucking bollocks. Google them

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll