corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got caught@ 112mph on a127 last night....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author got caught@ 112mph on a127 last night....
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
13th Apr 03 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow - your so cool. I bet your mates were well impressed - so it was worth it.
essexracer

13th Apr 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea mav...they all thought i was really hard for doin it!

Paul_J

13th Apr 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe james, I still remember pondering onto whether or not to challenge you ages ago, as I was unsure about camera locations on the m25

I of course had no idea your car was modded at that point and then realised how stupid I was to think I even had a chance

oh well hehe...

Paul J
Dan
Premium Member

13th Apr 03 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i can say is T W A T!!! ure the kinda person who gets us all a bad name!!!

[Edited on 13-04-2003 by xhale2007]

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
essexracer

13th Apr 03 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol...well my m8 ditch was impressed ur sxi kept up with to about 100...

then i told him that u were bootin it, and that i was in 5th from about 60

james
essexracer

13th Apr 03 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xhale2007
all i can say is T W A T!!! ure the kinda person who gets us all a bad name!!!

[Edited on 13-04-2003 by xhale2007]

all i can say is dont be a fcukin hypercrit!!! u speed! u twat!

im not arguin with u its just i dont like ppl that preach and then do the oppersite!!!

james

[Edited on 13-04-2003 by essexracer]
Tiger

13th Apr 03 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets be honest -we all speed - i think you were taking the pi$$ a bit down an A-road though - you say now "well we didnt crash" but i bet crashing was the last thing on the minds of the people that were killed there not long ago - if your gonna cane your motor - dont do it on A-roads - keep it for the motorway when no-one else is on it then you can only hurt yourself and not anyone else.

I speed - but i keep it to when i can only hurt myself and no-one else.

Think about what you did coz if the police turned up at your parents door and said their son has been killed in a car crash and a few of his mates that were in the car as well. What would they be feeling.

Just use your head thats all.

Ben_
sxi

13th Apr 03 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry James but u are well out of order mate, i was in the line of traffic behind the accident where the young lad died a little while ago and it was not a pretty site, and a clear road is no excuse because there have been several deaths along that stretch of road where people are crossing the road on foot including a couple of young girls one of which had a baby. Im not sayin ive never sped but i can quite honest;y say that i have never done tha sort of speed on that kind of road, please think about it b4 u do something like this again and if u doo i hope u get caught and ur licence taken away
Paul_J

13th Apr 03 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol...well my m8 ditch was impressed ur sxi kept up with to about 100...

then i told him that u were bootin it, and that i was in 5th from about 60

james

heh... I was in 5th too, Sxi gear box is so close together 4th is very short... it was also about 100 mph that I did lift off for a while as I wasn't too sure on the roads... Then I thought 'Pff - I put my foot down again' - I had 115/7 mph on the clocks but I think you had lifted back off coz I had basically let you go and you thought I had given up. It was then I lifted off too coz I wasn't sure whether you were lifting off for camera's / etc ... It was then I looked across and you were doing a 'Yawning sign' hehe... fair play, your car is fast - but mines not bad for what it is.

I had chris A and his mate saying they were suprised with how nippy it was when I was keeping up with them around southend.

In my opinion - A Motorway which you know well, is a lot safer to speed on late at night than built up towns or windy country roads during the day!

I only speed if I want to test my car or someone's offering a bit of a challenge - though if safetys being threatened I'll back straight off. Another words I would not be doing stupid speeds in rush hour traffic.

That was a good night, first time to southend and lots of jokes. Hopefully when I get my full exhaust system it'll make my car breathe a bit easier.

It really crawls after 100 mph... 100 -> 117 on the clocks is probably several minutes hehe...

0-60 is about high 11's, the car pulls well to 70, then 'ok' to 80, then crawls to most higher...

I personally wish my 5th gear was shorter. Since its the Sport gear box it tops at 135 I believe, and there's no way my car has the power to reach that, so if 5th gear was maxed at 125 - it would be less strain on the engine and potentially accel quicker...

Also note to all - I do not believe my car is doing 117 mph in real life - I'm on 15's but understand inacuracys - and would imagine I was doing 106-110 if I was lucky...

Please also note - I'm not saying Speedings Cool, or saying what james did on the a127 is right or wrong.

Paul J
Tiger

13th Apr 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its not right or wrong what is it?
Paul_J

13th Apr 03 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just saying my post had nothing to do with whether I thought he was 'right or wrong' - not I thought he was 'right and wrong'...

Paul J
Tiger

13th Apr 03 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think it was acceptable behaviour doing in excess of 100MPH on an A-road notorious for people being killed in car accidents?

Just a yes or no will do.
Paul_J

13th Apr 03 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no opinion on that, therefore I haven't commented on it... and hence I'm not saying whether I think he is 'right or wrong'...

ok.

Paul J
Tiger

13th Apr 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes or No? simple really.
Tiger

13th Apr 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you work for the labour party? they sit on the fence when i comes to answering questions.
Paul_J

13th Apr 03 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, if I was going to make a comment it'd really depend on the situation and since I've only been on the road once in question early in the morning (2/3am) - I really don't stand to make a valid comment...

So I will not answer yes or no.
Tiger

13th Apr 03 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are a labour back bencher for definite!! you even sound like one!!!
Paul_J

13th Apr 03 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do not have any opinion on who I support, all parties are shit in my opinion... Choosing one would be a lose/lose situation...
Mav 3000

13th Apr 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do realise I was taking the preverabial don't you iwth my post. People who do stupid things like this endangering others are losers and don't deserve to own cars.
Tiger

13th Apr 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LABOUR Stink!!!
essexracer

13th Apr 03 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right...i know it was stupid...plz dont think i drive at that sort of speed all the time! in fact i find my m8s all drive faster than me, i normally cruise at 70-80mph...

last night wen i hit 112mph, it was in safe conditions....ie the nearest car infront of me was about 300metres away and the nearest behind me was about 200m away, the road was well lit up, and i couldnt see anyone trying to cross the dual carrage way by foot!

so that is why i put my foot down.

sxi(mark)...m8 like u i was in the traffic wen the festa turbo had an accident!i know it wernt a pritty site!

mav...u were takin the piss? and my reply wasnt sarcastic at all was it?

also im actually consider myself a safe driver! well most the time, until i break the speed limit! oh and according to ur own opinion u dont deserve ur car m8! well u av endangered others before wen u were speedin! u know its true!

let me say again i very rarely speed over 100mph!

james
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 03 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur all moaning like pensioners, me and richy did 120 the other nite on a B road
essexracer

13th Apr 03 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve....i think everyone who has posted on here as driven arround the 100-120mph mark!!!
Sooty
Banned

13th Apr 03 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its funny how people kick off for people driving fast pretending to be saints
Steve
Premium Member

13th Apr 03 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most people i find on here pretend to be straight, apart from me an richy baby

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got caught@ 112mph on a127 last night.... 23 database queries in 0.0139639 seconds