corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Suspension help needed....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suspension help needed....
--DAN--

User status: Offline
13th Apr 03 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've currently got a full G-max setup, -40mm on 17's, But even after having the arch's modded I can't carry backseat passengers and barely a full tank of petrol. The time has come for a new setup, what do you lot recommend? Any ideas would be welcome.
Makarus

13th Apr 03 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GMax a reputably quite good quality..

If your having problems then it will probably because you havent done something right or the wheels aint a good offset.

I know it sounds like i am being an arse but have you debolted your arches?? whats the offset of your wheels??
Kris TD

13th Apr 03 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your wheels are the wrong offset then, i have 17's et45 lowered 60mm on 5 door which has smaller rear archs and i can carry a full car with zero rubbing
--DAN--

13th Apr 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already had the car lowered 40mm on Gmax springs with standard shocks and 17's, at which point I could carry passengers no problem. But when the shocks needed replacing I opted to match the springs with Gmax shocks, and have had the problem eversince. What are your opinions on Koni or Spax setups?

[Edited on 13-04-2003 by corsa-dan]
TOMAS

13th Apr 03 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If thats the case m8... one word... BUMPSTOPS!
Kris TD

13th Apr 03 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
If thats the case m8... one word... BUMPSTOPS!

these are the best things, tomas ive been playing about with the lenght, and i now get SOME travel in the rear, lol
Makarus

13th Apr 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Tomas is right. His 5 door is running 17's, not sure how low it is because I cant remeber. Running on bumpstops, harsh ride but it looks sweet and handling.........similar to a go cart i would say.

Kris TD

13th Apr 03 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Yeah Tomas is right. His 5 door is running 17's, not sure how low it is because I cant remeber. Running on bumpstops, harsh ride but it looks sweet and handling.........similar to a go cart i would say.

lowered 60mm, same as me, both have 17's on a 60 drop, bumpstops work. sometimes i bit back happy on bupmy roundabouts though, lol
Makarus

13th Apr 03 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah.

When I went out in Tomas car the ride was a bit harsh but when you consider the looks and the handling in the dry its good, wouldnt know what its like in the wet though.

Speed bumps aint fun though

New Poll