corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What is this part? (rear beam)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What is this part? (rear beam)
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jun 11 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quicky. I've got a new rear beam to go on my corsa. But I've noticed the new one has this extra part on it which my current one doesnt? Anyone know what it is/ what is does?

New one with the extra bit

My current one - excuse the rust lol

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a bias valve for the rear brakes - should be connected to the chassis via a spring, and controls the amount of rear braking dependent on the weight in the rear of the car (if it's set up correctly anyway!)

The old one didn't have one as the rear lines have the bias valves built in on the smaller engined models apparently. I'm not sure whether you should use the spring bias valve though, as you may still have the automatic ones in the standard brake lines?
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right cheers for that Tom So if its built in else where on my current setup in theory could I just angle grind it off my new one?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe so, but just wait and see what somebody else has to say to make sure
fazza

30th Jun 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh cut it off. there shit anyways and always seize. mine usually need a smack and wd40 at every mot

AlexW

30th Jun 11 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should unbolt, Keep your standard setup, the weight spring thing is pointless.
Baskey

1st Jul 11 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said mate 100% cut it off, we had loads of trouble with my mates as it was fucked and causing the rear breaks to lock.

New Poll