corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cobra monaco s bucket seats - fitting/mounting help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cobra monaco s bucket seats - fitting/mounting help
sparcost3

User status: Offline
29th Jun 11 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone knows how dificult it would be to make some subframes or were i can get some subframes that directly fit cobra monnaco s bucket seats into a corsa, been offered some great condition seats for a bargain price, but if there going to be hundreds of pounds or mounts or a ballache to make fixings for i don't know wether to bother

anyway, any help or advice would be great (Y) thanks

steve
sparcost3

29th Jun 11 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a corsa b
ed

29th Jun 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They end up far too high if you fit them onto the Corsa sub-frames. Your head will be literally hitting the roof!

Your best bet is to try and find some Cobra sub-frames unfortunately.
gazza808

29th Jun 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they side mount?
as my subframes have been modified by welding some flat bar on them to pick up the mounts, sit's lower than the standard seats.
Edges 58

29th Jun 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
are they side mount?

Base mounted,
I'm doin this right now, just got some monoco s's.. And some angled alloy, was gonna bolt to the standard frames the other side of the angle to the base of the seat, still in the process but I am concerned about the height
Toby
Premium Member

29th Jun 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Customs subframes. Not cheap just over a ton a side but will be worth it
sparcost3

30th Jun 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its not really possible to use the standerd corsa frames.. could weld up my own with not to much difficulty, but they wouldnt be able to move forward or backward :s not sure wether to bother

im getting 2 monaco s mint condition never been in a car under 100 posted so is a bargain tbh
Edges 58

30th Jun 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll let you know how I get on with the standard frames.. Mocked it up laSt night and seem to have around the same headroom as the standard seats

[Edited on 30-06-2011 by Edges 58]
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Jun 11 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have used the Subframe adaptors for mine from Cobra, and as mentioned above, they lift the seats too much

I lowered them as much as I could with the brackets, and they are a bit better now.

I will be getting a pair of normal Corsa Subframes at some point and then knocking up some other mounts that will be welded to the frames to allow movement, but to get them as low to the frame as possible
sparcost3

30th Jun 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
I'll let you know how I get on with the standard frames.. Mocked it up laSt night and seem to have around the same headroom as the standard seats

[Edited on 30-06-2011 by Edges 58]

sounds good, would love some pics if possible mate
Edges 58

30th Jun 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do pal!! Hopefully be done by next week
sparcost3

30th Jun 11 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quality and thanks for the advice everyone, has been helpfull so far!
Edges 58

4th Jul 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done it, monoco s's on standard frames and not too high.

bought some angled shaped alloy, 6mm thick, 50mm long on one side and the other side 76mm long. I got 2m of the stuff and cut into 40cm lengths.

the 50mm side drilled and bolted to the subframe and the 76mm side bolted to the seat.

let us know if you have anymore questions on this mate
Adam_B

4th Jul 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Cobra adapter bars should sit like this - |____| The seat sits 'in' the adapter bars if that makes sense.

If they are the other way round they sit as per the complaints, higher than standard seats.
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Jul 11 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
The Cobra adapter bars should sit like this - |____| The seat sits 'in' the adapter bars if that makes sense.

If they are the other way round they sit as per the complaints, higher than standard seats.

You can't do that with mine atall

Bars from Cobra themselves, they have over an inch overhang of steel on each side of the vertical mountings, and the space between the vertical mountings is a little too narrow to fit a seat...

Sort of like this if they were upside down as your example (can't get on PB to use some of my pics as doing a bulk upload at mo)

_|_____|_

sparcost3

5th Jul 11 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers again for all the help guys, just bought the seats now and payed so will let you know what i decide to do about mounting! many thanks for the helpfull pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cobra monaco s bucket seats - fitting/mounting help 22 database queries in 0.0150831 seconds