corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » For those of you who have 'downgraded'

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For those of you who have 'downgraded'
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
25th Jun 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
corrado vr6

ffs, sick of hearing about them
v82fdk

25th Jun 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sold my type r at the begining of the year and got my self a mk5 golf gt 170?
best move i made an is very fast an the tourqe is unreal plus had a remap done an a few over bits an am running over 200bhp now which is more than the civic was an am still savin on juice
ChrisBoom

25th Jun 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from an Astra SRI Turbo to a 202k mile Skoda Octavia, not as much fun, but the comedy factory of the Skoda barge is there. Needed a cheap car to commute in, does the job perfect.
gooner_47

25th Jun 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to free up some cash, planning on selling my Astra VXR and buying a 125 bike, the idea being I keep the fun aspect of it! Went on a free 1 hour session and I loved it. I'll still miss my VXR so much though but, there will always be more cars
Chris C

25th Jun 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My vxr is going sometime next week in favour of a Mondeo St diesel. Will be a shame to see the astra go but on the other hand our insurance will half the tax is half that's without the difference in mpg. I'm trying not to look at it's a downgrade though because the ST's are very well spec'd and nice looking cars IMO.
Ash_EP3

25th Jun 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the thing... I'm putting in at least a full tank of fuel a week in the ep3 (£65 - super unleaded), the tax is £245 a year and the insurance is £110 a month

The problem I have is that I enjoy driving the civic so much I'll occasionally just go out on random drives or go the 'long way around' which increases milage and petrol consumption

Mertin, don't forget mine is essentially a stage 2 ctr (full exhaust system, ram air intake, inlet manifold and remap) so I wouldn't class it as slow... (managed to keep with a twin turbo Supra until 100mph )

And yes I agree it's also very difficult to go fast and use the extra power etc on your average trip to and from work!

On a plus though the CTR has got fuck all luxuries (same as my previous corsa sport: aircon / electric windows) that's about it... so whatever I get next I'd hope to have more!

Argh... choices, choices!
richc

25th Jun 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im giving this 'cheap' motoring a go. If it works out i actually save alot, then ill keep it. If not, im going back to something good.

Its what you want to spend your money on at the end of the day. All i have done for the last couple of years is blow all of my wages on cars, piss up holidays and meals/boozing.

Its ok for the minute living at home but i thought at this rate im never gonna save up a deposit to move out.

I think i might wait for my mum and dad to die, its easier

CorsAsh

25th Jun 11 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess I'm lucky being able to cycle to work. My commute costs nothing, so all car-related costs are voluntary and in the name of fun.
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from a Signum 3.2 Elite, to a 1.6 Sport which I modded and now I've got a 1.5td M reg Corsa, it's so slow you don't need to brake for corners, but it's great fun and does well over 50 mpg.

However you do look like bit of a gypo at traffic lights, in a rusty old shed. My bird drives it most of the time anyway. I don't use a car for work which saves me alot every week.

But I've also got a road legal track car, so I don't care really.
pow
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technically I downgraded in power when I bought the MiTo over the Ibiza, took a while to getused to but it's got soo many toys I don't really care.

I couldn't imagine doing all my milage in the Mazda.
richc

25th Jun 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Technically I downgraded in power when I bought the MiTo over the Ibiza, took a while to getused to but it's got soo many toys I don't really care.

I couldn't imagine doing all my milage in the Mazda.

But it bet it cost like 5x as much as what the ibiza was worth? I think ash means money terms. And general rule of thumb is cheaper = less power.
pow
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was exactly 5x what I sold the ibiza for
Jordan C

25th Jun 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I done the same as shep! Astra gsi to a old focus! Altho i did swap the Astra for a gsxr 600 so iv still got the fun factor
NovaGTE2

25th Jun 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few years ago i went from a 911 C4 to a skoda Octavia; that was a bit of a shock but gave me a nice deposit for a house; now down to a 307 HDI and A4 tdi which are down grades again on power; but have a 4 bed detached house which i am doing up the way i want which is much better than any car; also would rather spend the £50 i save on fuel a week on DIY etc.. I dont regret down grading at all and priorities do change. Will get another flash car one day; but it wont be my top priority
big eck

25th Jun 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you really need to sell it due to financial strains then get rid. There will be other cars in the future. You can sell it and still have a quick car with bigger savings tho.
Corsa_Sport21

25th Jun 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
You can sell it and still have a quick car with bigger savings tho.

Nail/Head......

/Thread.

[Edited on 25-06-2011 by Corsa_Sport21]
Ben J

25th Jun 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went from 300bhp Astra VXR to a 140bhp Audi A4. Only really miss the VXR on nice bits of road.

Love pimpin about in the A4 tbh. Plus it's a lot more car too and fully loaded with toys.

Only a downgrade in power tbh. Everything else it's an upgrade.

[Edited on 25-06-2011 by Ben J]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ojc go mad u saying that
Edd

25th Jun 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only decent thing about driving something shit is the fact you stop caring about it

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I downgraded my TT to a Golf for two reasons.

TT was costing £60-£70 a week to get to work before going anywhere else!

Was saving for a deposit so I sold TT spent half on Golf, half in bank and bought a house!

As soon as I get my finances back up I'll buy something better!

Golf isn't slow, it's just not exciting to drive!

If your downgrading to save for something do it! If not don't as you'd regret it and buy something else!

I was tempted to buy an M3 with my house deposit

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
T21SVJ

26th Jun 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just done this went from a 59 plate Ibiza FR to a Mk1 leon cupra, needed to clear the finance to help out with bills when i get a house, and the car will only be used 2 days a week once i move into the house, no point in having finance on a car which i will only used 2 days a week.
mwg

26th Jun 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Why did you get that sprayed a different colour to sell it?

EP3 mate
Bonney

26th Jun 11 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried it when I had my Ibiza. Spent a fortune on it then decided i wanted something a little bigger and something i could just run into the ground and not be bothered about. Went and got the astra and that lasted all of 6 months, Ended up spending a fortune on it and then ended up wanting something better, Which is when I got the lexus.

Now i have the lexus, Its got all i need so needs nothing adding to it, Or messing with every 5 minutes. Just get in and drive. Somehow in the 3 months I have had it it has cost less than the astra did in fuel and general running costs!
gavin18787
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CTR to VTS

Was just as fast and fun (maybe more fun) and was only £1000

But you just have to put up with looking like even more of a chav and biscuit tin build quality.

Im lucky in the fact that other then insurance and tax mine doesnt cost me anything as I dont use it unless I want to drive it for fun

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
AndyCorsaSport

26th Jun 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clio 182 to 106 GTi.

Only a downgrade in looks wise etc, and i think the Clio was more "grown up" age wise its two years older. Performance is same, fuel about the same, tax the same etc. Was just insurance, it halved

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » For those of you who have 'downgraded' 23 database queries in 0.0161040 seconds