corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym day - tiredness

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym day - tiredness
sc0ott

User status: Offline
10th Jun 11 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been coming to the gym for a couple of years, 3-4 times every week, usually have either weight gainer or normal protein shakes etc etc but never any drugs....
Now every time im down i always feel tired and can never get into the mood as much as i used to, plus i feel as if i cant lift as much but i still can.

Anyone felt like this before? Its as if ive just randomly hit a brick wall in terms of weight lifting.

My diet pretty good although im not anal about eating chicken breasts 24/7 but i never eat crisps, chocolate or drink fizzy juice but i do have big portions of whatever im eating.
Aaron

10th Jun 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How often do you change your gym routine?
A2H GO

10th Jun 11 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been training for about 5 years now and the last, at least 6 months have been like that for me.

I've not put any size on even when eating more consistently over winter, now coming up to summer I've cleaned up the diet and been hammering the cardio after each WO and aren't dropping then fat.

I feel constantly fucked, I remember when I used to train 5 days a week no problem at all now I'm ready for bed after work come a Friday, let alone gym, I'm only 25

I think training on my own a lot doesn't help, motivation is low, pushing about 75% of the weight I used to, a lot is in the mind too.

Tried loads of stuff, like doing 3 days instead of 4, chest twice a week, changing up the exercises each week, taking a week off, eating more, even considering a different gym.

After summer I might take a few months off as never had more than a week off in 5 years and even then I've nipped in for a quick session.

I also read something about it being standard for pro bodybuilders to take a week off or do a 'light' week every 4 weeks.

[Edited on 10-06-2011 by A2H GO]
Hammer

11th Jun 11 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has nothing to do with training and everything to do with human nature.

You have scunnered yourself, take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward.
Jake

11th Jun 11 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been like this but put it down to lack of sleep and not being active during the day
Laney

11th Jun 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your CNS is probably a mess and it's likely you're jacked up on cortisol.

Take a week or two off and go back to it, then make sure you're recovering properly.
Carl

11th Jun 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm tired recently but it i've put it down to an increase in cardio along with progressing weight wise. Even though it's off season for football, I was training less midweek than I am now.
sc0ott

11th Jun 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gym routine changed a couple of months ago and i used to train 4-5 times a week up until i changed my routine. Its like i always had this massive burst of energy but now theres a lack of that and motivation.

I was in spain for a week last week thinking that would help but its no better.

This may seem odd but im going for an eye test today because im always squinting them at tvs and when training depending on what im doing i feel a bit dizzy straight after doing certain things.

[Edited on 11-06-2011 by sc0ott]
A2H GO

11th Jun 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to read up on this CNS and cortisol, I think that's what I read, something about emptying the bucket, lol.

I thought my eyes were dodgy too, kept getting periods of blurry vision, got them checked out and they said they were actually really good..
Laney

11th Jun 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CNS stands for central nervous system.

Cortisol is a stress hormone that gets released from intense training (amongst other things).
A2H GO

11th Jun 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading up on CNS in bodybuilding sounds like my exact problem, I train too much and everytime I do I train to failure.

I'm going to drop a day and take it easy for the next 2 weeks, try and just maintain, then I go away for a week so won't train at all and see how I feel when I get back.

Cortisol is release during stressful times too and my new jobs Bren stressing me out for the past few weeks which I'm sure hasn't helped.
Jake

11th Jun 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^same as that might take it easy for a couple of weeks. high reps, lower weight and dont go to failure

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym day - tiredness 23 database queries in 0.0133882 seconds