corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » I fancy a new xbox game...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I fancy a new xbox game...
N3CRO

User status: Offline
14th May 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
I'm assuming he's laughing at your choice of words, 'flop' means it sold much less than expected.
Black Ops has outsold everything, ever.

Indeed I was.
Sunz

16th May 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just because it sold the most doesn't mean its a great game, its more to do with hype and advertising then anything else.
N3CRO

16th May 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Just because it sold the most doesn't mean its a great game, its more to do with hype and advertising then anything else.

Maybe so but it wasn't a flop now was it?
Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes
Brett
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bissmire, can you tell me in what ways MW2 is better than BO please, just interested.
Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graphics and gameplay are MUCH worse on Black Ops Maps are piss poor imo too. Promised so much and delivered nothing. I still play it from time to time, but cannot play it for longer than 20mins, but I can happily play MW2 all night. I know a lot of people like Black Ops, but a lot of people also think MW2 was a flop and still play COD4. Personal preference really.
MoesTavern

16th May 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't speak for Bissmire but personally:

Single-player in MW2 was better
MW2 both looks and runs better (on 360 at least)
Multiplayer maps are much poorer in general
RC-XD is the most annoying killstreak ever

I have no great love for either game but I managed a good few months of entertainment out of MW2, lost interest in BO after a week.
Brett
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So neither of you have anything worthwhile to say then, as I thought

The main thing I think it is, is that people will've been playing for a year or so on the likes of MW2, know all their little spots and different ways to play each map, then pick up the unfamiliar BO, give it 20mins, get owned, then think "oh god, i'm going back to MW2, this is crap".

[Edited on 16-05-2011 by loafofbrett]
N3CRO

16th May 11 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
Single-player in MW2 was better
Multiplayer maps are much poorer in general

I can only agree with these two.
Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would you class as 'worthwhile'? I would say Graphics, Maps and Gameplay are about as important as it gets?! Am I missing something
Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

The main thing I think it is, is that people will've been playing for a year or so on the likes of MW2, know all their little spots and different ways to play each map, then pick up the unfamiliar BO, give it 20mins, get owned, then think "oh god, i'm going back to MW2, this is crap".

Far from it mate, I play Black Ops and 9/10 come top in TDM/SND or win FFA. Just not a fan at all, still play it mind from time to time.
Brett
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
What would you class as 'worthwhile'? I would say Graphics, Maps and Gameplay are about as important as it gets?! Am I missing something

There's no substance to anything you're saying. Just generalising saying they're crap with no real reason. It has small and big maps, just like MW2. Graphics don't seem too different to me, although I'd say there was a lot more going on at once in BO, like background effects, shuttle launching for example.

People forget things that've been added that people have been crying about since the first COD, like stacking killstreaks.

Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt say they were crap, just not as good as MW2. I'm not sure what you expect me to say? You asked for my reasoning, I gave them...
Brett
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but I just didn't expect you to have any real reasoning, which you don't lol Just that they're not as good, end of.

For example, lets pick 2 of the smallest maps from each, Rust vs Nuketown. Why is Rust better?

Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok...I guess you prefer BO? Can you give me a detailed opinion as to why that is? I'm not trying to be a dick btw, but I fail to see how my reasons I gave are not real reasons?

[Edited on 16-05-2011 by Bissmire]
Brett
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll always prefer the latest one just because it's the latest one everyone is playing, not because I think one is better than the other. Don't think I've said BO is better than MW2 really.

Answer my question about the maps above. I'm not tryign to be a dick either btw, just interested in real specific reasons.

Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but I just didn't expect you to have any real reasoning, which you don't lol Just that they're not as good, end of.

For example, lets pick 2 of the smallest maps from each, Rust vs Nuketown. Why is Rust better?

It's not, Nuketown is better. Now ask me why
Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'll always prefer the latest one just because it's the latest one everyone is playing, not because I think one is better than the other. Don't think I've said BO is better than MW2 really.

Answer my question about the maps above. I'm not tryign to be a dick either btw, just interested in real specific reasons.

Most of my friends play MW2 so I guess that's another reason why
Brett
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's not, Nuketown is better. Now ask me why
Well you could've elaborated without me asking...

Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have a reason that's my point. I just prefer it, no technical explanation, no stats or figures, it's just better

Brett
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont have a reason that's my point.

...and that was my point, was it not?
Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a shit discussion tbh, you are saying I have no reason for my opinion, whilst I am saying I have no reason for my opinion.

Another reason I didnt mention is that they killed sniping, which is my favourite part of COD. Everything I have mentioned was enough to put me off, end.
Brett
Premium Member

16th May 11 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL that's fair enough mate. Don't want you to think I'm having a go at you. I just wanted to get to the bottom of it being a 'flop' which is really another way of you saying you don't like the game personally in your opinion, I think. Also, I was curious what people who stuck to MW2 prefered over BO.

I did think they'd sorted sniping a bit too tho tbh. It was unbalanced before in previous games. Saying that, I don't do sniping so I wouldn't give a toss about that being changed. I can see how it'd bother someone who used sniper as their prefered class for the previous COD isntallments.

Bissmire

16th May 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah I dont think that Just a little debate. In reality, yes that's what I'm saying.

edit: i've used the snipers in COD since COD4. I see what you are saying about being unbalanced, but with guns like the UMP45, AK74 and MP40 it's laughable that they added the AK74 to BO and it's overpowered again

MoesTavern

16th May 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How is what I said 'not worthwhile'? Because you don't agree with me perhaps?

yeah you're totally correct, I don't like BO because I kept getting owned at it....
Could you be any more patronising?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll