corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Plumbing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plumbing
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th May 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there is only plumbing for one appliance (washing machine), how do you go about modifying it so that a dishwasher can be used as well?

Is this something you can do yourself (i.e. is it easy DIY) or is it best left to a plumber?
Rob_Quads

5th May 11 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very easy, specially if all it needs is a cold feed.

Are the pipes copper? If so then just cut into the pipe and put a compression or even push fit T with an outlet for a dish washer
Gary
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy a plastic 'Y' piece from B&Q etc
Sam
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dishwasher just needs a cold feed and obviously somewhere for the waste water to go.

That all sounds fairly straightforward to do whichever option I go with, I was worried I'd have to get a plumber out to do some welding or some shit like that!
Dave

5th May 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll more than likely be on 15mm copper, if you have an isolator on you won't even have to turn the water off, just T into using plastic/compression fittings and swap the waste pipe on the sink for one with two inlets if it doesn't have them already, depending on how the washer waste is done.

New Poll