corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Arsenal Ticket Prices

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arsenal Ticket Prices
Ben J

User status: Offline
5th May 11 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the cheapest tho remember.

Jamie Walby

5th May 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember.
Ben J

5th May 11 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good.
Jamie Walby

5th May 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Precisely my point dear walbinho PLus as i said, no travel costs makes it not toooo bad!

No travel costs for you. If I drive to a game it costs me £100 in petrol + parking + day travel card etc....
Dr Pepper

5th May 11 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
whilst i agree £894 minimum ST is excessive and a hell of a lot to watch football for one year, in fairness it includes all prem home games to watch an excellent team play at least a half a dozen top top teams (and stoke ), plus all fa cup home matches plus the first 3 CL matches so around 25 games, for a start. also you have to remember the london factor - a) its an expensive place so is always gonna be more than outsid eof london and b) you have to bare in mind that most london based fans dont have to pay to travel to the matches as we all have travelcards for work so you can factor that in too

also, a lot of the price increase was t pay for the stadium, so many of those people paying £894 a year wouldnt have been able to go full stop if not for the move

£894/25 Games is £35.76 a game. Thats not a lot IMO.

I gave up my families arsenal ticket in 1998 ...... to go to all home games, including transport, food, loss of earnings from work time off ect ect .... you were looking at about £5k for the year per person, now it would be considerably more....we couldnt do it anymore and at that point I had been going to oxford games for about 10 years as well and I was happy to give up the arsenal ticket and go and watch lower league football.

One of my friends went to every chelsea game, home and away including all cups, champs league a couple of years back ..... he estimated it cost him close to £20k for the year

Proven fact of football, Lots of poor people= great atmosphere, great atmosphere=better performance from players

About time arsenal had one section behind the goal - maybe 2 or 3 thousand tickets - £20 a go, pay on the day - first come first served ....would improve the atmosphere no end imo. You would get people in who really cared about being there, and they would make a hell of a lot of noise... They may also help to stop the whinging and whining you hear from the crowd as soon as a goal doesnt go in within 20 minutes.

I wouldnt go to the emirates again - been a few times, didnt like it - most people seemed to have the opinion that "we have paid loads to be here - we deserve to be entertained and we deserve a win" - well im sorry but football doesnt work like that - the crowd are supposed to help the team ...at arsenal it normally seems to be the opposite that happens.

[Edited on 05-05-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Ben J

5th May 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on. Hence why I prefer away games particularly up North (not just because its easier for me!)

The fans who bother to travel to Wigan/Bolton/Blackburn away are mostly die hards who give a shit and make some noise.

Emirates is full of plastics/tourists who are there for a day out.

[Edited on 05-05-2011 by Ben J]
Jamie Walby

5th May 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
quote:
whilst i agree £894 minimum ST is excessive and a hell of a lot to watch football for one year, in fairness it includes all prem home games to watch an excellent team play at least a half a dozen top top teams (and stoke ), plus all fa cup home matches plus the first 3 CL matches so around 25 games, for a start. also you have to remember the london factor - a) its an expensive place so is always gonna be more than outsid eof london and b) you have to bare in mind that most london based fans dont have to pay to travel to the matches as we all have travelcards for work so you can factor that in too

also, a lot of the price increase was t pay for the stadium, so many of those people paying £894 a year wouldnt have been able to go full stop if not for the move

£894/25 Games is £35.76 a game. Thats not a lot IMO.

I gave up my families arsenal ticket in 1998 ...... to go to all home games, including transport, food, loss of earnings from work time off ect ect .... you were looking at about £5k for the year per person, now it would be considerably more....we couldnt do it anymore and at that point I had been going to oxford games for about 10 years as well and I was happy to give up the arsenal ticket and go and watch lower league football.

One of my friends went to every chelsea game, home and away including all cups, champs league a couple of years back ..... he estimated it cost him close to £20k for the year

Proven fact of football, Lots of poor people= great atmosphere, great atmosphere=better performance from players

About time arsenal had one section behind the goal - maybe 2 or 3 thousand tickets - £20 a go, pay on the day - first come first served ....would improve the atmosphere no end imo. You would get people in who really cared about being there, and they would make a hell of a lot of noise... They may also help to stop the whinging and whining you hear from the crowd as soon as a goal doesnt go in within 20 minutes.

I wouldnt go to the emirates again - been a few times, didnt like it - most people seemed to have the opinion that "we have paid loads to be here - we deserve to be entertained and we deserve a win" - well im sorry but football doesnt work like that - the crowd are supposed to help the team ...at arsenal it normally seems to be the opposite that happens.

[Edited on 05-05-2011 by Dr Pepper]

Im sorry?
Dr Pepper

5th May 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im sorry?

I forgive you
Jamie Walby

5th May 11 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben D

5th May 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.footballfancast.com/2010/06/football-blogs/premier-league-season-ticket-prices-a-tad-unfair

Makes you wonder how Arsenal can justify their cheapest ticket being almost the same price as united's most expensive, which is nearly half the price of Arsenals most expensive seats
Robbo

5th May 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, although IIRC Utd had loads of trouble sellign seaosn tickets this year whereas we have a waiting list of 40k+... supply and demand and all that
Ben D

5th May 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true, we only managed to sell 52K season tickets rather than the targeted 54K

We still have nearly enough STH's to fill your stadium
Nath

5th May 11 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
True, although IIRC Utd had loads of trouble sellign seaosn tickets this year whereas we have a waiting list of 40k+... supply and demand and all that

How many of those 40k are dreamers? I could put my name on a list.
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it nath
Robbo

5th May 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Very true, we only managed to sell 52K season tickets rather than the targeted 54K

We still have nearly enough STH's to fill your stadium
well certainyl at one point you had a massive gap IIRC

and no, you couldnt. 52k into 60k doesnt work :S
Robbo

5th May 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

How many of those 40k are dreamers? I could put my name on a list.
youd have to ask arsenal what the take up %age is tbh
Ben J

5th May 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Annoys me that I could buy a Utd ST tomorrow, but have to wait 15 years for an Arsenal one.
JonnyJ

5th May 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Annoys me that I could buy a Utd ST tomorrow, but have to wait 15 years for an Arsenal one.

Dont worry mate, you won't miss anything
mwg

5th May 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you actually though? Because I've had an email asking if I wanted to go on to the season ticket waiting list, which is a bit different to actually being able to get one.
Nath

5th May 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na mwg, Arsenal have more fans. Deal with it.
mwg

5th May 11 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JonnyJ

5th May 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Na mwg, Arsenal have more fans. Deal with it.

TBH if all Man Utd fans are like mwg and Steve there would be no waiting list. They prefer to watch it on tv.
mwg

5th May 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Armchair fan FTW
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Armchair fan FTW
Ben J

5th May 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Could you actually though? Because I've had an email asking if I wanted to go on to the season ticket waiting list, which is a bit different to actually being able to get one.

At start of season Man u sent out letters to current ST holders asking if they had friends or relatives that wanted a ST as they were available.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Arsenal Ticket Prices 23 database queries in 0.2195990 seconds