corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Thread. Sponsored by the Hand of Serb

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Thread. Sponsored by the Hand of Serb
chrisritch

User status: Offline
5th May 11 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I will not be bullied into keeping quiet, because im new back into club football and am not fully up to speed with every technical premiership player fact, does not mean i dont know about football

thanks

I just find it amusing that you have decided within the last 2 months that you are a die hard Utd fan again
Ojc

5th May 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't have people calling my friend a cunt, only I am allowed to do that.
mwg

5th May 11 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
The Chicharito factor is going to come in to play I hope.

The same Chicharito who did fuck all except get caught offside time after time against Arsenal the other day?

Yeah let's judge someone on one game that he didn't do a lot in instead of all the other games that he has been outstanding in. Jesus christ everyone is allowed an off day.

[Edited on 05-05-2011 by mwg]
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Steve, don;t you think every team have tried that already?

no i dont, because its such a risk playing like that, who in there right mind is going to commit everything going forward, and that form of play may not even work anyway, but imo its the best chance you have against them

are you suggesting a better approach is to sit back and let them dictate play all the time?

how would you do it?
Tommy L

5th May 11 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not. Gonna. Happen.
This is Man United, anything could happen and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they pulled something out of the bag. at 10/3 I'm going to put a little on them.
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
I will not be bullied into keeping quiet, because im new back into club football and am not fully up to speed with every technical premiership player fact, does not mean i dont know about football

thanks

I just find it amusing that you have decided within the last 2 months that you are a die hard Utd fan again

i dont claim to be a die hard fan at all, i dont go and watch any of there games any more so im purely an armchair fan atm, doesnt mean to say i cant talk about them or want them to win does it
Russ

5th May 11 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

The same Chicharito who did fuck all except get caught offside time after time against Arsenal the other day?

Yeah let's judge someone on one game that he didn't do a lot in instead of all the other games that he has been outstanding in. Jesus christ everyone is allowed an off day.

Robbo is a hypocrite, told us not to judge lass on one performance then did it himself.
Russ

5th May 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Steve, don;t you think every team have tried that already?

no i dont, because its such a risk playing like that, who in there right mind is going to commit everything going forward, and that form of play may not even work anyway, but imo its the best chance you have against them

are you suggesting a better approach is to sit back and let them dictate play all the time?

how would you do it?
people do try it Steve, but they keep the ball to well, they dont care if they have to play in their half or your half, they just will keep hold of the ball. The way to beat them is to not give the ball away carelessly, and try your best to not get done by a cheeky through ball, use pace to your advantage, and take the chances you create.
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its getting a bit fruity in here and everyone needs to calm down a bit before someone says something they regret
Robbo

5th May 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

nom nom nom

PS manuel neuer
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still decent imo
Tommy L

5th May 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ has it spot on. Arsenal didn't hold on to the ball enough in the second leg and gave it back to them far too easily which they will punish you for it. We all know Arsenal are one of the best keepers of the ball and even they struggled
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fully agree with what russ said, however when they have the ball, you need to hassle them and force them into making mistakes
Robbo

5th May 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually my point was reversed here, everyone jizzed all over him after his first leg performance but i could show you a few halves from manuyel almunia against barceloan (3 times actually) where he played out of his skin but id bet you still wouldnt want him
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should buy Gomes
Robbo

5th May 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
Russ has it spot on. Arsenal didn't hold on to the ball enough in the second leg and gave it back to them far too easily which they will punish you for it. We all know Arsenal are one of the best keepers of the ball and even they struggled
gave it back to them too easily when did we ever have the ball in the 2nd leg to give it back to them

their closing down is just immense and with utds piss poor midfield i dont see how they wont fall into the same trap

it is one game after all and anythign could happen but barca are stroinger in every department and every position imo. we beat them at home but we had 55000 pumped up supporters bringing the noise plus we were much fitter than them which meant we finished much stronger PLUS they wasted so many good chances in the first half

utds best chance is to kick messi out of the game as real did, hardly very sportsmanlike tho
mwg

5th May 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Ben J keeps going on about Gomes being a gooner or something.
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep only way to deal with him
Russ

5th May 11 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i fully agree with what russ said, however when they have the ball, you need to hassle them and force them into making mistakes
are oh eff ell
Russ

5th May 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fletcher needs to play, and if he does, Utd have won half the midfield battle
mwg

5th May 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not having that they are stronger in every position. No frigging way. Vidic & Rio are every bit as good if not better than Pique and Puyol. VDS is as good if not better than Valdes.

Their central midfield and Messi are where they trump us.
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are weakest at the back, need to take advantage of that,
Russ

5th May 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man Utd have really got to play to there own strengths rather than Barca's weaknesses
Eck
Premium Member

5th May 11 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man Utd certainly have a better left back If it stays 0-0 for a good bit of the first half the Barca fans will get on their back and they'll get anxious.
chrisritch

5th May 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Man Utds problem will be Barca being

A. Diving cuntbags
B. having the ref in their pocket.

Jose has it bang on with what he said.

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Thread. Sponsored by the Hand of Serb 23 database queries in 0.0173650 seconds