corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » CL this week + Stoke v Wolves Sponsored by The Spanish Pantomimes

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CL this week + Stoke v Wolves Sponsored by The Spanish Pantomimes
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Apr 11 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easier in some respects, not in others.

players are far more protected now then they were back then, being a goalie for example was a nightmare, as there were pretty much zero rules to stop center forwards hassling them on corners, crosses etc.

also the balls back then, were proper balls, heavy and hard to manage withou super duper spongy coatings and perfect weighted designs, and didnt just randomly dip and swerve about in the air, especially when wet

[Edited on 28-04-2011 by Steve]
Cavey

28th Apr 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's true.

Was played at a much slower pace though, which was my main reason for saying it was easier.

Which is why Best could be on the piss the night before and turn up and still run a match.
chrisritch

28th Apr 11 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have absolutely no respect for George Best the cunt. Someone offered him a loved ones organs and the cunt just took it for granted.
Hammer

28th Apr 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
I have absolutely no respect for George Best the cunt. Someone offered him a loved ones organs and the cunt just took it for granted.

Bit much tbh, baiting or not, Liverpool fan or not.

I can see the argument but it's not as easy as being given new organs and then becoming a tree hugging hippy, he had an illness.
Nath

28th Apr 11 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can this thread be sponsored by Spainish Pantomimes please?
chrisritch

28th Apr 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

Bit much tbh, baiting or not, Liverpool fan or not.

I can see the argument but it's not as easy as being given new organs and then becoming a tree hugging hippy, he had an illness.

Not baiting its just my opinion. My stepdad was on the waiting list for a new liver for 2 and a half years. This cunt pretty much strolled in and fucked it up for himself. He had a second chance at life and he spurned it.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just for you nath
Nath

28th Apr 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent.
Eck
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
not being funny, but that goal was very very good but not THAT good, people have short memories, and over hype far to much, plenty of equally good if not better goals have been scored before, by ryan giggs for example

Who is saying anything about a short memory? Is every goal shit unless it's better than a similar one from an FA cup over 10 years ago?
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it was a very good goal, but people going on like it was the best ever, and that messi is the best ever, it wasnt that great
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although something like 35 appearances and 52 goals isnt to be scoffed at.

similar stats last season too
Eck
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, you're never going to know who was THE best ever. What do you base it on? Goals? The likes of Zidane didn't score that many as he's a midfielder. Do you base it on awards? Messi is rapidly gathering a collection of the biggest prizes a player can get.
Hammer

28th Apr 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

World Cup campaign away from being the best ever imo, just a shame he doesn't really have the team mates or manager at national level.
Russ

28th Apr 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
2nd goal was good but could of been defended better. Albiol I think just waved a leg, and marcello might as well not of bothered.Vidic wouldn't get skinned like that and Evra would of clattered him.

By whom Christophe Berra?

He's done it too often now for it to be down to anything other than sheer brilliance. There are few defences and even fewer goalkeepers as good as Madrid's. He scored a beaut plain and simple.
Are you trying to undermine my opinion by talking bollocks? if you think that was good defending my Albiol then you need to stop watching ITV.

I didnt say it needed a better defender, i said it could of been defended better.
Hammer

28th Apr 11 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm trying to undermine your opinion by talking bollocks

It was impossible to stop without giving away a penalty, tens of defences for the past 4 or 5 seasons have been unable to stop him do it and neither were Madrid.

All you're trying to do is undermine the fact it was a top drawer goal by talking complete bollocks.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you both need a kiss
mwg

28th Apr 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still prefer Ronaldo to Messi. Prefer how he plays, strong and powerful and can get off a hell of a shot out of nothing. Like last night when Ozil should of scored from the rebound. Not taking away from Messi that he is class before anyone starts wanting a fight about it.
Russ

28th Apr 11 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah I'm trying to undermine your opinion by talking bollocks

It was impossible to stop without giving away a penalty, tens of defences for the past 4 or 5 seasons have been unable to stop him do it and neither were Madrid.

All you're trying to do is undermine the fact it was a top drawer goal by talking complete bollocks.
The first thing I said it was a good goal

You still have to admit that waving a leg against messi isn't good enough. Considering they're supposed to be one of the greatest teams in the world. It wad a great goal, but if it wasn't messi, it was Marlon King people would say that a world class CB shouldn't be waving a leg.
Russ

28th Apr 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zele Ismail > Ronaldo.

Just saying that now so if it ever comes true I look like more of a genius.
JonnyJ

28th Apr 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I still prefer Ronaldo to Messi. Prefer how he plays, strong and powerful and can get off a hell of a shot out of nothing. Like last night when Ozil should of scored from the rebound. Not taking away from Messi that he is class before anyone starts wanting a fight about it.

Ronaldo showed, yet again, his biggest fault though last night. When he comes up against Messi he seems to have this mentality that he has to somehow prove hes better and ends up trying to do everything himself and is generally ineffective. He loves himself too much and doesnt concentrate on just doing the simple things to help the team, its all about him. One moment last night when it broke to him at an angle, he should have crossed for Adebayor but instead tried to score from a stupid angle. He was the same when they played Barca in the final for Man U.

Messi just played his game and came out with 2 vital goals.

Hence, Messi > Ronaldo.

Plus 12 goals in 11 games in the CL and over 50 for the season, crazy.
mwg

28th Apr 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just prefer Ronaldo.

Messi annoys me the way he zips about. There was always one kid at school like that, a short lightweight little bugger that zipped around like the ball was glued to his foot and you got to the point where you didn't actually care about getting the ball any more, you just wanted to take him down anyway you could Or was that just me that thought that
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wanted to bum him in the showers
Tommy L

28th Apr 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Messi is a class striker, just wish he'd work on his right foot.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 11 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8478227/Manchester-United-ready-to-pounce-for-Manuel-Neuer-as-row-brews-between-Schalke-and-Bayern-Munich.html
mwg

29th Apr 11 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be surprised if we got him, sure he said he wants to stay in Germany. I reckon we could outbid Bayern Munich... they dont want to pay silly money.

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » CL this week + Stoke v Wolves Sponsored by The Spanish Pantomimes 23 database queries in 0.1048539 seconds