corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice on what to get done at the body shop

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice on what to get done at the body shop
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
8th Apr 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right here goes, my car is going in the body shop asap supposed to be in last week but still no joy, anyway been speaking to me mate and he said the lad in the body shop wants to do everything on me car rather than doing front and skirts mirrors and then coming back in a few weeks when I can afford it, I c what he means it will be more cost effective for me and he will save more time.

I have a red gsi basically the body of it has not been touched aprt from a wiper conversion. The Karnage front and skirts are already at the body shop waiting to go on with m3 mirrors, what else shall I do to it, I am defo going for the f50 vent bad boyed, karnage rear spoiler, then was thinking either spraying the roof rails to colour coordinate the car or smoothing them in but worried about price. What do u guys think ? I am leaving the rear bumper for now cos I only have about 500 and will have to lend the rest and its looking like its going to be in the refion of 8 - 900 already appreciate your views here sorry about the long thread guys heres a couple of pics of me motor now

http://users.breathemail.net/rogerlee/6.jpg

http://users.breathemail.net/rogerlee/7.jpg

http://users.breathemail.net/rogerlee/10.jpg

thanks lads and lasses, Paul...
:
slugger_54132

8th Apr 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the tailgate smoothed, and remove the rear wiper. Would make the rear look less cluttered
RichR
Premium Member

8th Apr 03 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as for roof rails, smoothing would look cool but to get it done right is a pain in the arse which takes a long time and as such costs a fortune, Id recommend just having them painted, cause its hardly nething, Think a mate paid £40-£50 to have it done
Karnage Corsa

8th Apr 03 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats that 40-50 to get them smoothed cos thats not too bad, to be honest I may need to paint the whole roof cos thers a small dint and I want me car perfect I am sure its kids with a football the little sh!ts
Karnage Corsa

8th Apr 03 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just been on the phone to me mate and he came into some money a while ago and he will lend me any money I need I reckon I have 500 quid and he will give me whatever else I need so I am thinking about going for smoothed handles and boot aswell I just need to sort out the legal side of things cos I was once told u werent allowed them all smoothed out for lagal purposes
vauxtillidie

8th Apr 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smooth boots fine but unsure bout the door handles
Karnage Corsa

8th Apr 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what other decent spoilers are about I have the karnage frnt and skirts so the karnage spoiler seems obvious any other ideas fellers

New Poll