corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Anyone from Killin/Stirling area??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone from Killin/Stirling area??
c20xe_zuko

User status: Offline
13th Apr 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello I am hopefully moving up to Killin on sunday/monday for good, I have a meeting tomorrow with a contractor and I will get a start date to start a work contract up there. I wont know anyone up in that area, so just thought I would see if anyone on the forum was in that sort of area.

I will be bringing my corsa up in around 6 weeks so I will be driving around stirling etc in it at nights and weekends. I have loads to do to it and will be travelling down every weekend to finish the project off then I will bring it bak up to Killin with me when its finished!!
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, I'm about 15 miles from Killin, lovely area
big eck

14th Apr 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm from stirling/falkirk area buddy, stirling town centre used to be busy with cars but the main car park that was used to have a meet is now closed. Springkerse retail park is now used on the out skirts.

If you want a proper meet then the Falkirk cruise is the one to go for, its on the first thursday of the month at the wheelhouse car park and if its a good dry night like the last one there is hundreds and I mean hundreds of cars that turn up from all over scotland. The car park is heavily policed and theres traffic cops in unmarked cars all the way into the town centre which is where every one goes once the police close the road at the wheel car park as its so busy.
c20xe_zuko

14th Apr 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I look forward to that! I will have to use my mk5 fiesta for the first few weeks/months until I get the corsa finished!

What are the police like up there? I just get hassle everytime I go out in the corsa down here! Every single time I was out I got stopped! Just routine checks but the car has hardly moved at all since its last mot!

I am looking forward to moving up to Killin, Maybe see you all about somewhere!!

Thanks for the replys
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police are laid back, good open roads with no speed camera apart from the odd camera van. You'll love it, the roads areound Killin/callander/comrie/crieff are amazing
c20xe_zuko

23rd Apr 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha, I hope there are loads of big straights on these roads as my car tends to just go straight on when you try and corner! The joys of having a 3 litre up front!!
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you done some research on the surrounding areas and roads?

Kenmore
Callander
Comrie
Crieff
Perth
Stirling
Aberfeldy
Crianlarich
Auchterarder

Loads to see and do, some of the best roads in Scotland in the area too
c20xe_zuko

24th Apr 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will look into these roads, I will be harvesting trees around Crianlarich so I will be travelling from killin everyday to Crianlarich, I have been told it takes around about 25 minutes from Killin to my work site.
big eck

24th Apr 11 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you'll be going up the way instead of towards Stirling lol.

The road from Killin into stirling has a VERY long straight with 1 roundabout in between it lol.

Lochearnhead aint far from you as well and is very busy this time of year, i'm just back yesterday from there camping all weekend and out in the mates speedboat.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Apr 11 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live 5 minutes from there Eck
wwwNOOBcom

24th Apr 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crianlarich is lovly, just a bit out of the way from anywhere lol
c20xe_zuko

24th Apr 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol I will just be cutting trees down for about 14 hours a day around the Crainlarich area. I was meant to be up this week but I have had to get some repairs done to my harvester so it has set me back almost 2 weeks!

I am not sure if the corsa is coming with me now, I just bought a clean civic so I am thinking of putting a turbo on it and selling the corsa but who knows what will happen lol!
wwwNOOBcom

24th Apr 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good money in that game?
big eck

25th Apr 11 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I live 5 minutes from there Eck

Where abouts you from danny???
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Near Crieff mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » Anyone from Killin/Stirling area?? 23 database queries in 0.0120330 seconds