corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Sony A290- New photographer, test pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sony A290- New photographer, test pics
spencer88

User status: Offline
7th Apr 11 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my Sony A290 arrived last week, have been having a play and getting used to it.
This is my first ever SLR so excuse any pics that are not up to the usual standard in here

All tips are welcome.

All taken at Trebah Gardens in Cornwall:

I like this one for the detail it picks up:

And these are the ones I wanted to practice doing, with different shutter speed settings, took me a while to work out that a quicker shutter speed needed other settings changed for light levels

All taken with the standard 18-55mm lens.

Thanks.
andy1868

7th Apr 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all nice efforts spence, a good first set. are these all straight from the camera or are you doing some processing on them?
spencer88

7th Apr 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All straight from the camera.

I have not done processing before, don't know if I want to, I kind of like the idea of just having the photo as it was taken.
andy1868

7th Apr 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its always best to think that way too spence, i've been using lightroom to fix my images and to see which effects do what, from there i've modified what i do in camera while i'm taking the shot to try and get it right first time. i'm still a long way off and still use processing software, but i've found i'm using it less and less.

the difference processing them just alittle bit can make is astounding, have a go at it, if you don't like it then don't bother from then on
spencer88

7th Apr 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
its always best to think that way too spence, i've been using lightroom to fix my images and to see which effects do what, from there i've modified what i do in camera while i'm taking the shot to try and get it right first time. i'm still a long way off and still use processing software, but i've found i'm using it less and less.

the difference processing them just alittle bit can make is astounding, have a go at it, if you don't like it then don't bother from then on

Sounds a good idea thank you.

I found just using the camera and looking at the pics soo much more helpful than just reading about how to do it.

Even just learning that say for instance I am going to use a fast shutter speed, I should look at changing the ISO etc.
Jenko_Sport

7th Apr 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YouTube has ALOT of useful tutorials to get you started.
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice pics there mate Like Andy said, the less processing you can do the better. I set up an action in Photoshop (do have Lightroom but can't figure it out ) which does a couple of little bits to make the colours pop a bit more. Set this up after a show last year so it was quicker processing 130-odd pics

Anyway, I ran my action on two of the pics you posted to see how it would come out and this is the result:

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
spencer88

9th Apr 11 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do look a lot crisper, may have to give it a go.
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smart Sharpen works wonders But you have to get the settings right for it to be sharp but not too sharp but still modest

If that doesn't make me sound crazy then I don't know what will.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
spencer88

9th Apr 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You been smoking?
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only the finest crack It's good stuff, contact Conway Joe of morning thread fame for more info

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
morpheus22

12th Apr 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
All straight from the camera.

I have not done processing before, don't know if I want to, I kind of like the idea of just having the photo as it was taken.

this is how i see photography (imo) you take the pic how you want it to be seen, not saying i dont have a touch up on PS now and again but nothing over the top. great set for your first attempt

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Sony A290- New photographer, test pics 24 database queries in 0.0176539 seconds