corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man U supporters in here

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man U supporters in here
A1EX

User status: Offline
4th Apr 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

utd fan
mwg

4th Apr 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
(non-utd fan. sorry.)

I agree on the Henderson thing, I see the hype in him, Rodwell is definitely a good young english talent though, was being touted you guys had a £25m pre-agreement with Everton, I think that's way over the odds though

Is Cleverley REALLY the player you guys think he is? Always see you rimming him.

You're going to win the league this year with the weakest utd team for a long time, so be interesting to see what happens next season.

Also, is there any other homegrown youth coming through?

Cleverley is good yeah. I've seen him play a few times for United and Wigan and he knows how to score, something our centre midfield lacks.

I would agree it is the weakest United squad for a while but at the same time it's also only 2, maybe 3 players off being a great one! If that makes sense It's the centre mid that we are light on talent, creativity. Defence is solid and the attackers and wingers are good too.
Cavey

4th Apr 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately I agree with you

Defence, you've got the filthy Brazilian kids, Fabio to replace Evra over the next season, Smalling has looked very good this year, Vidic is obviously a beast. I'd call time on Rio tbh, I don't think he'll be right again.

Midfield, Valencia is a brilliant player, has shown small glimpses of getting back to what he was, a good pre-season and he'll be fine next year, Nani is good, you need centre mid to come on, so I suppose Sneijder alongside a decent youngster if Cleverley is that and that'll be sorted, then the 3 up front, Berbatov, Rooney, Hernandez.

Personally I don't think Wellbeck/Macheda/Diouf will get near their quality, but guess time will tell.

You definitely need a couple of players to become the team you used to be, I don't think you've got enough strength in depth, but either everyone else has been shit, and the premier league is becoming a closer competition, so luckily for you lot everyone else has dropped points everywhere.

Christ, that turned into a Dr. Pepper style essay.

Anyway, summary - Utd need a couple more players to become good. It's just everyone else has been worse this season

[Edited on 04-04-2011 by Cavey]
Fro

4th Apr 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Anyone, summary - Utd need a couple more players to become good.

Agreed,

Ben D
x
mwg

4th Apr 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed!

Regards,

Adiohead.
andys sxi
Premium Member

4th Apr 11 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im a man united fan

i think all the people in here are secert united fans because it says man u supporters in here so if not what are you doing in here

April 08 feature car
Ben D

4th Apr 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pretty much agree with everything Cavey had to say.

We're only 2/3 players away from being great, maybe a replacement for Van der Saar, Hargreaves & Scholes and we are set.

We do have a weak squad compared to 2 seasons ago but i still think we have more depth than anyone else in the league.

I think alot of our success this season has been down to the progress some of our younger players have made, for me Rafael & Fabio have been amazing this season [the Arsenal game typified this], Nani has made massive improvements, Chicharito too. Smalling gets better with every game And i think Welbeck has massively improved during his loan at Sunderland too, Cleverley is massively underrated too I've seen him in a few reserve games for United and he definitely has a future with us.
mwg

4th Apr 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok fro-dizzle.
Ben D

4th Apr 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
(non-utd fan. sorry.)

I agree on the Henderson thing, I see the hype in him, Rodwell is definitely a good young english talent though, was being touted you guys had a £25m pre-agreement with Everton, I think that's way over the odds though

Also, is there any other homegrown youth coming through?

Not saying i agree with the hype surrounding Henderson or Rodwell, but there has been confirmed interest in them, also would be good to see a few young future England internationals in the team, we only had Rooney & Welbeck in the last squad

As for home grown Talent do you mean English or jst players who have come through our youth ranks? Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Pogba, C. Evans all look really promising, Eikram would have been the one to watch i feel though had Solskjaer not took him to Molde with him.
Cavey

4th Apr 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more that have come through the ranks than youngsters you"ve bought from elsewhere.

Obviously the golden generation has been and gone, just wondered whether you had them coming through still
Ben D

4th Apr 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well James, Tunnicliffe, Will Keane, Morrison, drinkwater, C.Evans, Cleverley and Welbeck are all homegrown and probably our best prospects.

Petrucci, Macheda & Progba have been with us since they were 16 too which is quite young
Nath

4th Apr 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welbeck is not United quality IMO.
Ben D

4th Apr 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Nath i used to be a critic of his [and 2 goal wonder Macheda] but i've watched him quite a bit for Sunderland this season and he has shown some quality imo, I think he definitely has the potential, plus i have never know so many United coach's speak so highly of somebody, Crapello too.
Nath

4th Apr 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a critic, but he isn't a Rooney or a Berbatov, or for that matter an Hernandez. I can't see him holding down a number 9 shirt for example. Just seems a Carling Cup player.
Ben D

4th Apr 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath.. let's be realistic, nobody is going to be an Hernandez are they?

Yea you may be right he might not be able to match them, but i just think he has the potential to, I've watched him play for the last 3 years and he has made massive improvement's over that time and is still learning, for me there is noting to say he wont carry on improving, Along with Carroll they are definitely the best 2 English strikers coming through at the moment.
Terry12

4th Apr 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
I think i am the only Manchester United fan here who is actually from Manchester

Also i think it is out of Neuer & Sketelenburg to replace VdS, I am hoping it is not Kuszczak anyway.

Beg your pardon. Check my location lol.
Ben D

4th Apr 11 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have NEVER seen you in here before
mwg

4th Apr 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is quite often about. Usually winding Rick Draper up
Ben D

4th Apr 11 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
He is quite often about. Usually winding Rick Draper up

He isn't around often enough then Welcome Terry

Where in Manc are you from?
Marc

4th Apr 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gibson can fuck right off. I'm sure he is told to study Paul Scholes, but make a shit job of it. I can't work out if our fans are encouraging him or mocking him when he is asked to shoot

Feel a bit sorry for Owen, part of me is living in the past thinking he can be the player he was. When he does manage to get a bit of match fitness he can't get a game. I was saying to my mate yesterday that I can't understand why he hasn't featured for the Reserves. If I was match fit and not getting a game I would play for the Reserves, might be a bit degrading but at least he could build up stamina and fitness and possibly get a game off the back of it. I'd like to see him get a PL medal before he finishes his career. That and Gerrard will never get one!

I can see us accepting an offer from Sunderland for Welbeck. Macheda will probably go back to Italy at some point.

Kuszczak needs to be moved on, been with us since 2006 and has never been able to get the number 1 jersey. Guy makes me nervous whenever he plays. I'm not sure who a suitable replacement would be. Buffon would have been good a few seasons ago, maybe too late in his career now. I haven't seen anything of Neuer or Da Gea so can't comment on them. Lindegaard looks alright from what I have seen so far but we need an experienced keeper.

Schneider would be a good addition but he is no where near worth £40m

I'd like to see us bring in a proven centre back too. Ferdinand doesn't have long left and Smalling is still improving.

When Owen goes to Villa we will need a 4th striker, not sure who I'd want. I can possibly see us staying with Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez and having a younger player as 4th choice.
Ben D

4th Apr 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The younger 4th striker will be Welbeck Marc , Fergie has already said he is staying with United next season pushing for a 1st team place, I am certain he isn't going anywhere, quote me on it!

also i hope we don't bring in another CB Smalling is still improving and has proved himself more than capable when standing in for Ferdy.

I'd love to see Owen get a PL medal with us too, mostly as it would rub the scousers noses in it, he keeps saying he wants to stay @ United in Interviews & on his twitter a couple of times, Almost feel sorry for him as it just isn't going to happen
Nath

4th Apr 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owen doesn't want to leave, that much is clear. He tweeted earlier that he feel's he'll score a goal in one of the important fixtures coming up

[Edited on 04-04-2011 by Nath]
Marc

4th Apr 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Nathenial my fellow United supporter
Nath

4th Apr 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc, where are all the Scousers this weekend?
Marc

4th Apr 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are Liverpool fans on here?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man U supporters in here 24 database queries in 0.1069219 seconds