corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone ever done hydraulic lifters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone ever done hydraulic lifters
bally2010
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Mar 11 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone ever changed hydraulic lifters on a 8v engine as my engine is tappy and if anyone around nw area has the know how and was interested in earning some money , would u fit a set for me
bally2010
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would do it myself i just don no where to start tbh and dont want to ruin my engine
McWillster

15th Mar 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.nuvision.ndo.co.uk/tappets.htm

Decent enough guide there even if your taking it on yourself, good enough to show someone with decent enough hands.
bally2010
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks , i am good with my hands it just small things like these i tend to break things

[Edited on 15-03-2011 by bally2010]
apt1986

15th Mar 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following that tutorial myself as my tappets have become "noisy"

Would re-conditioning them sort the loud tappy noise out?
AlexW

15th Mar 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8v lifters aren't like the ones above. I can't remember how you get them apart or whats best to do with them.

I have (For sale ) the special tool needed to push down the valve and then remove the rocker so you can withdraw the lifters. Has to be done one by one, but its easier than removing the cam box and disturbing the head gasket.
bally2010
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
8v lifters aren't like the ones above. I can't remember how you get them apart or whats best to do with them.

I have (For sale ) the special tool needed to push down the valve and then remove the rocker so you can withdraw the lifters. Has to be done one by one, but its easier than removing the cam box and disturbing the head gasket.

how much for tool posted to m24 area ?? and the headgasket was recenty done on engine , i took the engine out of a astra i thought they would have done the lifters at same time tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone ever done hydraulic lifters 22 database queries in 0.0097859 seconds