corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Chris's atlantis blue Gsi rep: Breaking (message me for parts) NEW BUS :D

New Poll
  <<  54    55    56    57    58    59  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chris's atlantis blue Gsi rep: Breaking (message me for parts) NEW BUS :D
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 13 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about selling the XE and putting a smaller engine back in?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Christopher

2nd Mar 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the comments lads ! Really not sure what to do still :/ Danny I did think about it but its alot of hassle again and I can't be bothered!
D0NN3R

2nd Mar 13 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO NOT BREAK THIS CHRIS
Christopher

2nd Mar 13 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha thank you donner! I might do, not sure yet! It's taken a lot of time to get all the bits and pieces I've wanted so would be a waste but I don't know if I can afford to do anything else! :/
Kieran
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris think about what your doing properly before I come and slap you please
Generation

2nd Mar 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it for you, not internet
BenC1985

2nd Mar 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation

I agree. Do what you feels best for you. Its hard after all the work you have put in but sometimes its the best way. You could even sell it complete and let it stay on the road and someone can benifit from the work you have put in.
Christopher

2nd Mar 13 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
quote:
Originally posted by Generation

I agree. Do what you feels best for you. Its hard after all the work you have put in but sometimes its the best way. You could even sell it complete and let it stay on the road and someone can benifit from the work you have put in.

Thank guys! Well obviously im in love with the car so my opinion is kind of biast and sometimes you dont really see what the sensible thing is until other people point it out to you! To be honest if i keep the car and get a shitter and cancel insurance its still going to be like £1000 so that kind of defeats the object as my insurance is only £1000 more? So im quite stuck to be honest as I don't want to break it obviously but it might be the most sensible thing?
Generation

2nd Mar 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long until you have another year no claims?
Ben G

2nd Mar 13 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you put an xe in before checking the cost of insurance? Then you were prepared to pay 400 quid a month to insure it? Now you're contemplating braking it?

Madness if you ask me, on all 3 points.
BeetleGav

3rd Mar 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you just buy a shitter, change the car on the policy and get refunded the difference?
get a micra and deck it! i actually want one haha

also if you have only been insured 2 week, surely your still in the cooling off period? tell them to get fucked on that cancellation fee!
Christopher

3rd Mar 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation, I've only just got the policy 2 weeks ago so wouldn't have any for a year lol!

Ben, no as said before if you rad it I was insured by there was another code on my paper part of my driving liscence that doesn't have any pints or fine and I didn't think it affected the insurance but they've seen it and put it up £1200!

Yer well if I have to pay the cancellation fee I might aswell pay the extra money bevy are that cancellation fee is a fucking joke!!
Cole

3rd Mar 13 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cancellation fee £500 are you insured with some mickey mouse company or something have you been insured for more than 28 days you should get a cooling off period where you can change your mind
Cole

3rd Mar 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And tbh I would say that they missold you that policy or atleast when they found out about the points you could of had the choice to cancel without a fee
Christopher

3rd Mar 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its adrian flux! I was thinking the same thing so have to have a proper read through all the small print i think? I cant understand how 2 weeks ago i paid 560 for the deposit and then they want another 500 for cancelling? :/
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have a 14 day cooling off period IIRC

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsatdi

3rd Mar 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris how have they come to find out about the code on your license?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to send them photocopies of your licenses

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsatdi

3rd Mar 13 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh blimey ive never had to do that
JaffaTB

3rd Mar 13 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrap it and get pissed
AlexW

3rd Mar 13 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope this works out somehow, Be a shame after all the work.

If you decide to take the engine out or whatever, I'll offer my assistance. I really wanna play with a corsa again
Christopher

4th Mar 13 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well today's decision day, I've got to cancel the policy really, it's just whether I sell up and get a nicer newer car or get a banger and do this properly or sell everything and get a van! Really don't know :/
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not swap to a real cheep car for a year? keep the corsa if you have space to store it? small engine and low insurance group build up your no claims. flux dont charge much to swap policies £30/50 from memory? what you save on insurance could buy you a cheep car. be a shame for you not to enjoy your corsa after youve built it. even if you do have to wait a year.
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed with dave mate, but it isn't about pleasing others I suppose so its all down to you, good luck with your decision though
Christopher

4th Mar 13 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not a bad idea dave, I think my plan is really to get a daily shitter but I hadn't thought about just swapping the car on the policy rather than cancelling it! Have been looking for a daily but not a lot about! :/

<<  54    55    56    57    58    59  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Chris's atlantis blue Gsi rep: Breaking (message me for parts) NEW BUS :D 24 database queries in 0.2073159 seconds