corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Football Thread - Sponsored by Deep Gash

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Football Thread - Sponsored by Deep Gash
chrisritch

User status: Offline
8th Mar 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Name calling. Nice.

Your point is invalid. Torres hasn't suddenly become shit has he? He is clearly not the next Shev as Shev never had a good record in the Prem. Where as Torres has.

They both had prolific careers before joining Chelsea. stop trying to be a dickhead all the time
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Name calling. Nice.

Your point is invalid. Torres hasn't suddenly become shit has he? He is clearly not the next Shev as Shev never had a good record in the Prem. Where as Torres has.

They both had prolific careers before joining Chelsea. stop trying to be a dickhead all the time

Irrelevant if they are in different leagues. RE: Forlan. RE: Morientes etc....

If you stop talking complete bollocks I'll stop picking up on your inaccuracies.
chrisritch

8th Mar 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Name calling. Nice.

Irrelevant if they are in different leagues. RE: Forlan. RE: Morientes etc....

If you stop talking complete bollocks I'll stop picking up on your inaccuracies.

deal

[Edited on 08-03-2011 by chrisritch]
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough
Tom

8th Mar 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torres is never going to be shit I don't like him much anymore (for obvious reasons) and I'm enjoying the fact he hasn't scored for Chelsea yet but he's a brilliant player and when he's on song he's one of the best in the world. His inadequacies are being highlighted in this Chelsea team though i.e. he can't play with a partner, he let's his head go down if he's not doing well after an hour (not touching on his injury record either). I think in Suarez and Carroll, we've got much better value for money than Chelsea got when they bought Torres.
Rick Draper

8th Mar 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 Mar:
CSKA Moskva v FC Porto
PSV v Rangers
Bayer Leverkusen v Villarreal
Sporting Braga v Liverpool
Benfica v Paris Saint-Germain
Dynamo Kyiv v Manchester City
FC Twente v Zenit St. Petersburg
Ajax v Spartak Moskva.
Hammer

8th Mar 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Torres is never going to be shit

Have to disagree, I think he's done and has been for 18 months.

Be interesting to see his stats for the least year and a half actually...?
Russ

8th Mar 11 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think Torres plays well with a partner, just needs to find a partner who is as willing to create as they are to score.
Russ

8th Mar 11 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

you wont like them.

31 apps, 9 goals this season, so roughly 1 in 3.
32 apps, 22 goals last season so roungly 1.1.5.

if that's "done" then I've met Tevez at a zoo
Tom

8th Mar 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

His stats are still pretty good if you consider the amount of games he was 'coming back' from injury.

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
i think Torres plays well with a partner, just needs to find a partner who is as willing to create as they are to score.

He played will with Gerrard behind him in a SS/AM capacity for nearly 2 years, Rafa never got him able to work with Kuyt playing alongside him (Kuyt moved to RF and RM in the main to accomodate Torres in a 4231/433). He's never looked completely comfortable in the SNT playing with Villa imo, a couple of years ago he was dropping deep more often than not and letting Villa lead the line, not sure how they are playing these days (assume it's more with Villa playing LF as he does with Barca). He's never going to be able to play alongside Drogba imo, they both look to fill the same spaces, he'll learn how to play with Anelka though as he's dropping alot deeper these days.
Russ

8th Mar 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt say alongside a partner, i said with
Tom

8th Mar 11 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i didnt say alongside a partner, i said with

Black & White Russ A partner infers another striker, playing in a front two.
Tommy L

8th Mar 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For someone who is shit, he's still the 10th highest scorer in the PL this season on 9. Take away Berba and Tevez and he's only 2 off of Nolan, Carroll and Bent.
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Torres is never going to be shit I don't like him much anymore (for obvious reasons) and I'm enjoying the fact he hasn't scored for Chelsea yet but he's a brilliant player and when he's on song he's one of the best in the world. His inadequacies are being highlighted in this Chelsea team though i.e. he can't play with a partner, he let's his head go down if he's not doing well after an hour (not touching on his injury record either). I think in Suarez and Carroll, we've got much better value for money than Chelsea got when they bought Torres.

I agree that £50m was never good value. As for whether Carroll is good value @ £35m and Suarez @ £20m very much remains to be seen. So far so good for Suarez though.
Tom

8th Mar 11 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I agree that £50m was never good value. As for whether Carroll is good value @ £35m and Suarez @ £20m very much remains to be seen. So far so good for Suarez though.

Carroll's transfer was definitely inflated. He absolutely has to prove his worth in the team but on the face of it, swapping Torres for him and Suarez is more likely to succeed than not. They are both younger than Torres too and spread the goal scoring load across the team. I'm made up, and that's with seeing Carroll for 20 mins in a liverpool shirt.

P.S. Just to highlight about Suarez too, he's not 'just' about goals. He was Ajax's highest scorer and had the most assists last season.

[Edited on 08-03-2011 by Tom]
Russ

8th Mar 11 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but it is good value

it wasnt £50m, it was chelsea money. If Arsenal or Man Utd would of paid that much, it would of been shit value.
chrisritch

8th Mar 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but it is good value

it wasnt £50m, it was chelsea money. If Arsenal or Man Utd would of paid that much, it would of been shit value.

This, dont think Chelsea are bothered with value for money as money seems to mean so little to abramovich
Tom

8th Mar 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
but it is good value

This, dont think Chelsea are bothered with value for money as money seems to mean so little to abramovich

I disagree on the basis that he's spent alot less in the last few years. It's funny if Abramovic was the main factor in getting the Torres deal done though as he must think it is good VFM, their's a genuine comparisson with Shevchenko in that regard.
chrisritch

8th Mar 11 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
but it is good value

I disagree on the basis that he's spent alot less in the last few years. It's funny if Abramovic was the main factor in getting the Torres deal done though as he must think it is good VFM, their's a genuine comparisson with Shevchenko in that regard.

Wasn't Shevchenko mainly signed because he was Abramovich's mate?
Tom

8th Mar 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
but it is good value

Wasn't Shevchenko mainly signed because he was Abramovich's mate?

Well yeah, but also because Abramovic was playing FM2006 alot at the time. If it wasn't Ancelotti who really wanted Torres then it's another silly move on their part.
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chelsea have never sought good value. They do anything at any cost. Money is almost meaningless.
Russ

8th Mar 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wilshere has been involved (assists/scored) in the same % of his team’s goals as Xavi/Iniesta combined 2010/11 Champions League
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has he made as many backwards/sideways passes as Xavi though?
Russ

8th Mar 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is he better than Bale?
Nath

8th Mar 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. End of debate.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Football Thread - Sponsored by Deep Gash 23 database queries in 0.0209980 seconds