corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » Whos got a 1.2sxi 16v corsa c

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whos got a 1.2sxi 16v corsa c
marc24

User status: Offline
1st Mar 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do people people think of there corsa c???

Mine is slow shit crap im so disgusted with it.

I was so looking forward to go back to a corsa wish i never bothered on paper ts 73bhp
i previously had standard saxo 75bhp then chipped to 83bhp with only piper filter and it done 125mph i know speedos can be out but that what it sed on 14" steelies along the A1

1.2 16v corsa c 73bhp standard thinking not much power differ total wrong total shit second gear limiter kicks in at 45mph i had 70mph on saxo. Im all for corsa but power differ such a let down. Yeah french build crap tin cars but im thinking i wanna go back yet i only owend my c a week.

My 1.0 b i had for a year.

Other opinions on there cars or similar experiances.

Linch

1st Mar 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that you are comparing two totally different cars really. The Saxo probably ways about 200 to 300kg less than the corsa C, but that extra weight comes from it being a better well made car.

I also think that hitting the limiter in a 1.2 is pointless, and don't think im being sarcastic or arrogant here because I have done the same in a 1.2 sxi B when I was 17.

I shortly after put a smallblock 1.4 16v in it. They are a total different engine that like to be revved, then from that to a 1.6

So if your driving style is more suited to high end revs then I do suggest a bigger engine providing insurance will cover you on one.
marc24

1st Mar 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agrree with what you say, differ engines differ weight but seems as example i dont speed much but when i do the power just inst there in corsa.

where in saxo on paper power is bout the same but it aint if you know whati mean no gear changes etc etc and powe still there.

Im thnking of getting corsa remapped it only 199 at mo
marc24

1st Mar 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good example this morn i pulled out in front of a huge lorry or transporter and found i never actually had the power to pull out. Had too screw in 2nd to get any where
SEAN_P_

1st Mar 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pointless gettin a 1.2 remapped tbh my swell putt the money towered a 1.4 or 1.8 Sri lump or something or part ex against a corsa b 1.4 or 1.6 sport
marc24

1st Mar 11 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh mate, i swopped this saxo 1.4 8v chiiped for a corsa 1.2 16v on paper the bhp was same hence why i went with 1.2 not 1.4 but now im really dissapointed as 1.2 no where near and i mean no where near as quick my old 1.0 3cyl b is prob just as quik.
marc24

1st Mar 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whole idea was to reduce mpg consumption as i was getting approx 20mpg with saxo.
marc24

1st Mar 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa yes better on mpg but so slow yet on paper bhp was bout the same.

Fastest i been in corsa c was 80mph and it was slow compared to saxo which did 70mph i 3rd and that was before rev limiter kicked in

i dont speed too much but when i get a car i like too test it and i was very very dissapointed.
SEAN_P_

1st Mar 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's it's better mpg because its not goin quick hence not using much petrol

Bigger engine you have the faster you go = more petrol you use

Smaller the engine you have the slower you go = less petrol used

As linch said basically every car is different

My opinion
Linch

2nd Mar 11 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marc24
Tbh mate, i swopped this saxo 1.4 8v chiiped for a corsa 1.2 16v on paper the bhp was same hence why i went with 1.2 not 1.4 but now im really dissapointed as 1.2 no where near and i mean no where near as quick my old 1.0 3cyl b is prob just as quik.

You have just asnswered your own question there.

The saxo was a 1.4 where as the corsa is a 1.2 and its torque that moves a car not bhp.

So the better torque of the 1.4 is what you are missing or lacking.

You also have to look at the gear ratio of the cars. your saying the corsa c only dose 45 in second...now that dose sound low to me, is it possible it has the wrong box on it?
marc24

3rd Mar 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats where im gettting it wrong its the torque that gert car going ot bhp i was assuming bhp on both cars are similar so assumed speed would be, thanks for correcting me on that.

Is it possible the fuel system can be so bunged up with crap it that causing such lack of power. I put some injector treatment in and huge improvement, no smoke kicking out but def big improvement. Also dont think it might have wrong box, as it has 2 owners from new and they both female.
Liam-Wilko

3rd Mar 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont underestimate a femail owner mate as u dont know wether they have had help or are clued up them selves on cars as i know a few lassed that know wat they are doin to a car i also agree with linch an sean if u want power an acceliration put a bigger block in mate as tbh ther is a lot of 1400 corsas that piss on vts s ext as they have sutle mods an tbh corsa c looks alot better than a saxo

My opinion

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » Whos got a 1.2sxi 16v corsa c 23 database queries in 0.0076420 seconds