corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » alex1983's Silver 1.0 Merit Build - FOR SALE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alex1983's Silver 1.0 Merit Build - FOR SALE
alex1983

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Zayne26
Looking good mate, i had exactly the same seat covers before i put my sport interior in haha Have u got tigra dials in your corsa?

Sorry they aren't Tigra dials but the they have got the grey Tigra surround and orange needles on them
alex1983

2nd Mar 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here are the bits I'm spraying in primer. Paint will be added tomorrow when they have dried sufficiently

Not sure how the handles will look in the car yet but can't wait to get the bootlock surround done and on
alex1983

3rd Mar 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my bits in paint this morning, a good five coats, lol!

Not TOTALLY perfect but even so, they've turned out better than I expected them to. Will leave them to harden now until tomorrow then put a couple of coats of lacquer on and leave them to harden again so they probs won't be on until the weekend which is frustrating but can't be helped.

Looking forward to getting the bootlock handle on as I think it will tidy up the rear end nicely but I won't be sure about the handle surrounds til they are in, hopefully they will look pretty good.

And an updated 'to do' list:

TO DO BEFORE PVS LIST
1. Tracking
2. Fit super bright blue LEDs behind heater controls (got)
3. Stereo (awaiting delivery)
4. Bloody good clean/wax/polish
5. Steering wheel
6. Depo's
7. Sort all the niggly little bits that are annoying me
8. Aerial
9. Bodyshop for rust removal, etc
10. Get rev counter wired in
11. New splitter
12. Source a rocker cover
13. CC bootlock surround (done)
14. Paint calipers red
15. Paint drums black
16. New wiper arms
17. Get a temperature sensor

[Edited on 03-03-2011 by alex1983]

alex1983

3rd Mar 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After looking at some of the fantastic cars on this site I've decided that MK4 Astra side repeaters are the way to go so I'm off down the scrappy tomorrow to hopefully pick some up.

Also just won me a remote control JVC headunit for a tenner on ebay so thats another thing off my list! Not had any tunes in my car since I got it in October!
alex1983

4th Mar 11 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to the scrappy today and picked these up:

If they look ok I will have some smoked Corsa ones up for grabs

Also got my bootlock and handle surrounds lacquered this morning so they will be in tomorrow when they have had a chance to harden.
alex1983

4th Mar 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put my Astra repeaters on...

...can't help thinking they look gorgeous on every other Corsa I've seen them on but don't look right on mine

Doesn't help that the driver's side one doesn't fit properly (anyone else found this?) which annoys me slightly.

Opinions please?
Jamie-C

4th Mar 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to take of the inner arch liner and adjust the carbon cannister thats behind the drivers side wing to get the indicator to sit properly. Most stick a couple of washer on to space it out but I just bent mine, done the job

Also, smoked ones look better
jrdz92

4th Mar 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

justt press really hard onit it usually works lad as mine are fine now . and cars looking nice. looking at yh wind deflectors makes me want them even more
alex1983

4th Mar 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, i much prefer the astra ones. yeah the wind deflectors are pretty cool i think, will look great on your car too mate.

Just read about you drilling holes for your spoiler, i want to do that! mine's poorly stuck on with tigerseal at the moment, gonna get a bodyshop to do properly for me i think.
jrdz92

4th Mar 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i did was put backing plate up to boot lined it up ect then pencilled were the holes for bolts go and then drilled holes and then boltes that on then bolt spoiler to backplate
alex1983

4th Mar 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just glued the lot on including the backing plate, lol! i'm no good at 'diy', well i haven't got the patience, lol!
jrdz92

4th Mar 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol its fair easy to do
alex1983

5th Mar 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This morning I took my freshly painted bootlock handle:

And fitted it to my car:

I personally feel the difference is fantastic, such a cheap, simple mod to do and its so effective.

Also got the handle surrounds in:

Was a bit worried they would look daft but I think they actually look very nice and add a dash of colour to the dark interior.

And the car is a having a quick wash today, lol!

Opinions?
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just done same mate,I thought it might have looked odd but I like them alot

Nice work Alex

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
jrdz92

5th Mar 11 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good alex u thought about doing your heater surround aswell
cjohnson

5th Mar 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOVE poverty spec bumpers. Please don't ever colour code them!

I personally wouldn't have sprayed any interior parts silver, but if you like it then fair enough

Keep it up!
alex1983

5th Mar 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the nice comments guys They are the only bits I'll be spraying on the inside cos I don't want it to look too tacky, but i'm pleased with how they have turned out getting there slowly, lol.
alex1983

5th Mar 11 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick snap i took after a very quick wash:

Its started raining now though....

Washing it has made the bodywork's imperfections a lot more noticeable and I'm thinking a trip to the bodyshop is becoming a more urgent priority now. Claying and polishing it next week too so will see what its like then too.
Jamie-C

5th Mar 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a good job on that boot lock matey
alex1983

5th Mar 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Jamie I'm really pleased with how it turned out, makes the back end look a lot cleaner I think.
alex1983

9th Mar 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got myself a post '97 airbag-type steering wheel for £2.20, lol! Will get pics when its fitted.

And one of the blue LEDs (which have only been in since January!) has stopped working for some reason in my heater panel so putting my SMDs in has become priority so will be done asap.

Also won a nice JVC headunit early last week but it still hasn't turned up Don't you just hate ebayers who take needlessly long amounts of time to send things out?!

Depending on weather I shall be washing, claying, polishing and waxing the beast tomorrow too!

[Edited on 09-03-2011 by alex1983]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

9th Mar 11 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The steering wheel isn't a straight fit, you'll need an airbag "Boss" type of thing for it work unless you already have that then I'll shut up. It's just i made that mistake

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
alex1983

9th Mar 11 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realise that!? I was led to believe that all Vaux wheels were interchangeable... Where do I get one from??
alex1983

9th Mar 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put my super bright SMDs in the heater control panel... what a bitch of a job!! I swear to God that for as long as I have this car I will NEVER dick about with the centre console again!!

Whats worse is that when I was screwing one of the screws in behind one of the vents, the end of my screwdriver and the screwdriver bit in it fell off somehow and I lost it behind the vent! I now have a useless socket set (well the screwdriver bits are useless anyway) and a fan selector switch that won't select anything due to the blockage behind it. Pissed off!!

Will get some pics tonight when its dark but they look spot on even in daylight:

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

9th Mar 11 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There such a bitch to take off and fit back on mate,i had the same problem,ive got a spare bulb behind mine because i dropped it behind it But it's right hard to get back together

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » alex1983's Silver 1.0 Merit Build - FOR SALE 24 database queries in 0.1044750 seconds